“A Gem of a Hotel”

Hotel Elysees Union
Ranked #377 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was ideal for a girl's week in Paris. The hotel is easy to navigate Paris from and a wonderful value. The staff were very friendly and always ready to help. Breakfast was fresh and more than enough. Clean and safe...a perfect gem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cathy D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our 15th trip to Paris

The hotel was ideally situated, being a 5 minute walk from both The Arc De Triumph and the Eiffel Tower

It was 2 mins from Kleber metro

Rooms were clean, staff polite and helpful

The continental breakfast was good

Only complaint was no tea or coffee in the room

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Kishin7
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We travelled as a family for a birthday trip for me.

The location was very central, very easy to find, but on a quiet street with views to the Eiffel Tower.

The two-bed/two-bath room was very nice, if a bit cramped, but as we spent most of our time out sightseeing, it didn't matter.

Access to the room (330) was a bit odd via the 4th floor, but that was all to do with the creation of extra family rooms. It might be a problem for those with mobility issues.

Breakfast was basic, but very nice, and probably easier than trying to track down a "petit dejuner" at a nearby café.

I would definitely choose this hotel again and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LewisGuga
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have stayed in the Elysees Union Hotel for two nights. It was not a sightseeing trip but a business trip. When I checked in it turned out that my Company did not pay for the room but prebooked it so I had to pay. As you can imagine I was not happy and as I was travelling for 16hrs I was exhausted and I had no patience to deal with that at all. I understood it was the hotel policy that it had to be paid for on the check in. The gentlement at reception was quite accomodating and polite despite my anger. My Company had sorted the payment on the following day and I was reimbursed when checking out. Everyone at the reception desk was extremely nice, and helpful for the whole stay I must admit.
Rooms are good in size, and a bed quite comfortable and the hotel is walking distance from major sites which is probably the biggest advantage. In terms of the price it is not the cheapest but more of an average price for a room in the central location.The only complaint I have is that the wifi in the hotel is not free of charge while it is free when you go to bars and restaurant everywhere in Paris.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MINIPolka
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel with my boyfriend for our anniversary and we experienced nothing but great service! The hotel itself is walking distance from most of the main attractions, you have Eifel tower views, and we had a very cozy, 50's, Mad Men style room!

The reception staff were incredibly helpful and friendly! They recommended the best places to eat and best places to go!

The metro is 3 mins walikng distance of you want to get anywhere far!

Breakfast was lovely too!

All in all a great experience! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Saee1
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is in a great location - good value for money. The lift is small - though typical. Rooms comfortable, and we had no problem with the Quad room with 4 of us. Bathroom was good. Breakfast room and service was good. Front desk staff accommodating. A small grocery store next door. Distance to the attractions has been said in other reviews, and accurate. I would stay here again. It is located in a very good part of town. 2 minutes walk to the underground, which was easy to navigate and made other attractions accessible.

Room Tip: Our room looked out onto the street, which did present us with a wake up call from the garbage colle...