“This hotel is filthy and overpriced - Don't stay here...”

Amarante Champs-Elysees
Ranked #1,268 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“This hotel is filthy and overpriced - Don't stay here...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

When I first booked this hotel it was for the location and I thought the pictures on the website looked ok. However upon arrival it was apparent to me that I had made a bad choice. The staff first claimed that I didn't have a reservation and would send me down to the street to another hotel also run by the same manager....after I threatened to go somewhere else they quickly changed their story and gave me a room in the hotel. When I arrived in the room I was shocked to find black moldy stains on the walls, old worn bedsheets and bed, leaky bathroom and a smell I could not stomach....I immediately checked out and went to another hotel......also, this hotel is overpriced ...they try to charge you 30 € for internet access....after checking out I immediately found a cleaner hotel for less money in the same area....don't be folled by their website pics......do not stay at this hotel....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hispeeder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I booked this hotel having stayed at the one next door (Hotel Vernet) the week before and wanted a change of scenery. Worst mistake ever! It was not what I expected for 200 euros per night! The hotel still uses those heavy keys which you cannot take with you, so that you always have to ask reception every time you come back. I was given a room on the second floor so I went to take the lift, which again was a bit run down, but you don't have to stay in there for too long so that's fine. But here I am, in front of a heavily used door with the big key in my hand and another card for the light. Well, I can say that when I finally got in I was shocked. The room was very small, old, cheap and tacky. And I think I have been generous.
The wardrobe was heavily used too and scuffed, the wallpaper hideous and stained, the toilet seat was yellow, there were holes in the wall and it was all generally run down. A sense of panic pervaded me so I just decided to cancelled the other two nights I should have stayed there, spend the night and try to survive and move to the Vernet the morning after. I woke up too hot and too early at 5 a.m. and could not fall asleep again because of the noise coming from the street. I blessed the moment I left that place…

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank fedetrib

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Brazil
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

The hotel is comfortable, the breakfast is great and the staff is very polite and helpful.Just one thing I didn't like, the price for using internet is extremely high, 10 euro for 1 hour.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Nice, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2008

I booked this hotel via lastminute.com so I guess I was given the worst of all rooms.
As mentionned by other people, this is not a 4 star hotel. The room I got was old. Fabric on the wall had black stains. Most of all, there was no hot water from 6.30 until 8.45 in the morning in the whole hotel!
The staff was totally unhelpful.
I complained and did not get any partial refund nor any compensation.
This is a rip-off!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no hot water!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank MMDV
Stafford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2008

Amarante Champs Elysees is a very lovely small Parisian hotel .
The location is superb giving travellers easy access to explore the surrounding area. Staff are friendly and the breakfast pleasant. The bedroom was very comfortable and clean There is no room service however I would not let this stop me booking again. The metro is also o your doorstep. You can step out on the hotel and in less than a minute you are in the heart of the Champs Elysees overloked by the magnificent Arc De Triomphe.
I would highly reccomend the hotel.

Stayed October 2008
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

Reading the other reviews about this hotel, I was at first a little worried about our stay.
But I'm glad to say my worries were unproven & our stay at this hotel was outstanding.

It did get a bit noisy in the morning around 9am but what do you expect being such a short distance from the Champs Elysees?
If you don't want the noise of the traffic don't stay on the main street!!!

Brilliant hotel, facilities & staff!!
Would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bucktoothbadger
Leicester, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2007

Arrived here at 8pm with a confirmed booking and was told that they did not have a room for me (though they acknowledged my booking had been made) and they were transferring me by taxi to another hotel in their chain. I had particularly picked this hotel for its location close to a business meeting.

The location of this hotel is excellent but the one they shipped me to was much less convenient and had a really tacky, plastic foyer with none of the 'extra' amenities advertised for the rooms here.

I asked for a partial refund to allow for the difference in quality and was told that a manager would phone me to discuss - no one ever did, naturally.

It should be said that two other couples booked into the hotel after me, while I was waiting for my taxi. I was told that they were part of a bigger (and hence presumably more lucrative) group.

In short, if you have picked this hotel because of its location and the facilities you need, based on my experience, you may end up with neither.

• Stayed October 2007