“Doesn't Worth the price if you are looking for that special attention” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick Paris

Warwick Paris
Ranked #301 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Portugal
“Doesn't Worth the price if you are looking for that special attention”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2009

We have choose this hotel based on the reviwes of the site and in fact we were very entusiastic about it. We were visiting Paris for the first time, and we were looking for good location, away from the "suspicious" areas like Pigale and gare du Nord, but also for a modern hotel, that could make our aniversary special.
We've made reference to this in our reservation, but when we've arrived I was very disapointed with the room, the treatemant, I've honestly felt the didn't gime a dam to what we were looking for.

An advice, don´t ask for non-smoke room or you will be placed on the first/ground floor, and there only if you have paid a deluxe room, you can view the street...if that's not the case, well dont' be sad because the hotel will plesant you with a view to "the garden", wicth in reality is just a view to a wall with grass on the ground...

Althouth the hotel may apear modern, if you look closely to the details you will found old sofas with spots, bathtub with concrete pieces, toilets door previous knocked down,but even repaired don't close..and others.

I think the only good point, was maybe the breakfast, but not in a milion years it self worth the room price.

With all this...nothing special was made or provide, that made us felt that the hotel had considered our request, they simply didn't care...and honestly, for all off this reasons the price we've paid realy just paid the location in Paris...and only that.

Before warwick we've stayed at another hotel in Paris, it was small, simple, but had very pleasant people, concerned in making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PortugalKate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

I stayed at the hotel with my wife and 17 year old son in July 2009. The hotel is in a great location. They had just recently remodeled and the rooms, elevators, lobby and restaurant look great. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming. Even though I had made reservations for a room that would not normally include a balcony, the staff accommodated my request and I was upgraded at no charge. The room had plenty of room for a king size bed, sofa, coffee table as well as "roll away" for my teenager. There is a substantial balcony which provided a view of the Champs Elysees. The balcony has a small table, two chairs and some potted plants. The George V metro station is a less then a block from the hotel and there are many restaurants, shops and the Arc de Triomphe close by. The nightly rate was high, but it was mid-July in the center of Paris.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

We had a good deal in this hotel which is "stay for 3 nights and pay for 2", but i rather stay in another hotel and pay more to feel safe while i always go back to the hotel.

The hotel was average, doesn't worth the price of the rooms. I found some really nice modern clean boutique hotels next to it which had the same price. P.S. I heard that if you left your valuable things out in your room, it will definitely be stolen which makes not safe at all.

On the last night, I was hungry and i thought to order the safest dish that i should try in every hotel which is club sandwich. I was shocked when the waiter knocked the door 10 minutes after my call and brought the tray. He asked me to sign the bill, so I grapped the pen and signed. While I am signing he apologized to me and said that I am sorry Sir but we ran out of the club sandwiches so i prepared for you cheese sandwich and nothing left on the kitchen.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Va.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

My granddaughter and I spent 2 nights at the Warwick Champs Elysees and loved it! The room was large with wonderful beds, the bathroom was also very large and elegant (we had just come from a hotel where we had to close the bathroom door to be able to get to the shower or toilet). We were treated beautifully: the concierge was extremely helpful and kind. The room rate included a full breakfast, which was a huge value as it included eggs, cheese, fresh fruit, cereal, bacon, potatoes, etc. etc. This hotel doesn't look like much on the outside, but the inside is lovely.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank NanaAnne
pittsburgh,PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

We stayed in 3 different hotels during our time in France, of all, this was the one I liked least. It was quite a disappointment. First of all, it has a very corporate feel. At first glance the room is smallish which is not unusual in Paris, it appears modern and renovated, but then you look closer and realize it's cheaply done and falling apart. Our bed which was denoted as a queen was in fact a full size bed and really bit a uncomfortable for my husband and I and we are thin people. The bathroom was a disaster, it had broken tile pieces which hadn't been repaired. And when I went to use the shower, I looked up to see loose cords hanging from the gaps in the unfinished dry wall ceiling. I have trouble understanding how a hotel room like this could pass inspection. It was not good and definitely not worth the money. It was the only low point of our trip

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank reddyn
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Decent basic hotel, in good location if you want to be near Champs Elysees. They upgraded me to a larger room on check-in. The room was decent and clean. I've been in the lower-class room, which was very small but this was fine. Unfortunately it was at the front of the hotel and there was shouting from the street all night long, presumably from the nearby nightclubs. The windows are not double-glazed so offered little protection from this.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
St.Helens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

Warwick Champs Elysees Hotel is a fantastic place. Really handy for Champs Elysees. We got upgraded to a room with a balcony. Really friendly staff who treated us like royalty. Nice bar/night club next door. Gin and tonics were a little pricey mind you!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple