“great hotel, best staff ever encountered”

Hotel Lorette - Astotel
Ranked #173 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
scotland
“great hotel, best staff ever encountered”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

this a great hotel at the price in paris
the staff were fantastic from first arrival to departure, friendly and helpful
room was spotless but a bit on the small side clean bathroom
good location, just a few yards from the underground and some nice little places to eat neaby
breakfast fantastic

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for two nights and I was horrified to find that despite the fact I booked about 5 weeks prior that the full amount would not be refunded even if I gave 48 hrs notice. Card charged immediately rather than option of paying cash on arrival (no we didn't book via a promo deal just a normal booking). I didn't want to cancel but this is something I have never experienced before in any hotel around the world. Ok so I got over it and looked forward to getting there. Upon arrival the place was under renovation so the whole lobby was sectioned off. Nowhere to sit if we wanted to look at a map or take 5. Our room small but no issue there as I expect it in Paris. What I don't expect is mould in bathroom and tacky doors from recent painting. Room service was ordered late one night and didn't turn up after 45 mins (a plate of cheese not a soufflé) so we cancelled the order (they promise max 30mins for any room service). Anyhow an accumulation of these things made me feel the value for money was absolutely not there. I did speak to the manager and gave feedback as I think it's necessary in this situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G G
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 27, 2012

When the opportunity came up at the last minute for a weekend in Paris, there was not much choice for a low-cost room. Had I known in advance this was a Best Western, I honestly would not have booked, having had very bad experiences in Europe with this chain, but this hotel totally redeemed the company's reputation with me. The multi-lingual staff were more than charming. The room was minuscule - just as you expect in Paris -- but completely clean. The location was wonderful, close to markets, cafes, restaurants, and I enjoyed the conceit that I was part of a real neighborhood. I walked almost everywhere, but it is also close to great public transportation. I recommend it very highly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Globetrotter677
Newton Stewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is my hotel of choice in Paris, being very handily located between the Gare du Nord and Gare St Lazare in the 9th arrondissement. The St Georges metro station (Line 12) is just a few paces away from the hotel giving access to the whole city. The bathroom in my room had been recently refurbished, and there was a pleasant aroma of fresh paint in the hallways. There is a bright and charming sitting area on the ground floor, with the breakfasts being served in the basement in a calm and understated environment. It is all you need in a city centre hotel, surrounded by restaurants and yet not as noisy at night as other hotels in Paris in my experience. This is my third stay, and I would anticipate using this hotel in future, whenever I am in Paris.

Room Tip: I believe rooms looking onto the side street are the quieter rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LisaCDunn
Granbury, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you have more than 2 people, then you will need 2 rooms. We took a family trip for my son's graduation and booked 2 rooms- glad we did because the rooms are very small. Older hotel that was going through remodeling while we were there. easy access to the subway, but not near anything for "tourist". Had a decent breakfast and the staff was friendly and very helpful

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed with my family for 4 nights in July (two double room). Very nice hotel, rooms were lovely furnished, one slightly smaller but not too bad to be in Paris. Lots of light from a big window and Nice red flowers on the balcony. Linen, cushion and matress were very comfortable. Bathroom is new, wish there was a glass shower enclosure rather than a curtain but was not a big deal.
We booked last minute a few days in advance and spent 170 euros (per room/per night) on Agoda without breakfast. Breakfast buffet is 12euros, a bit too expensive in my opinion, but i have to say that the dining room is really cute. The lobby is really nice too but we could not use ad they were repainting all the walls. I guess July might not be the best time of the year to do this kind of work but On the other side the whole hotel was spotless. Wi-fi is free but you have to log in with a different code every 24h. I usually spend less for my hilidays but overall was a smooth and pleasent staying, I recommend it and would come back.

• Stayed July 2012
Jacksonville
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Two minutes walk from the St.Georges metro station. Peaceful neighborhood. Some minor renovation going on in the hotel but not at all any nuisance. Rooms are sparkling clean but on the smallish side. Efficient service at the reception on all matters. Benjamin in particular was extremely helpful. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family