“Good location”
Review of Powers Hotel

Powers Hotel
Ranked #668 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a hotel with the old syste that you must let your room' keys on reception.
Good place, good breakfast and cleam room.
The only complain I have is about the courtains on the room because it don't make the room really dark.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rodrigomw

Reviewed January 20, 2012

This review would have been a terrible if the manager had not dealt with our complaint (albeit after our departure) in a professional manner. First impressions of the hotel we good. Smart lobby, huge room. From here things dropped off. Upon closer inspection the bathroom was a hark back to the 70's and the quality of the fixtures and fittings was more 2 star than 4. The actual bathroom had been squezzed into a corner of the room and there wasn't room to swing the proverbial cat. The only place to hang the dressing gowns was on the radiator and thus they actually dangled into the loo! After having unpacked we headed down to the bar for a drink, after a 10 minute wait we left and asked reception about the room and for other information. The two gentlemen we dealt with were very offish and verging on rude. They were clear that we weren't happy about the room but the only 'comment' was a shrug of their shoulders (maybe very French but not overly satisfying). One of them even informed us that on News Years Eve we should head to the Eiffel Tower to see the amazing fireworks which would be set off a 10pm, 11pm and midnight. Luckily we double checked this info and discovered not even a candle was going to be ignited. Breakfast was full up on our first morning, only about 10 tables catering for a large hotel. The second monring I went down and brought breakfast up to the room. All-in-all we were not impressed with the hotel and wrote our feelings upon our return. The manageress replied quickly and did not question any of our comments and offered us a weekend stay. At last some service!

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not near the lift. You will be woken in the morning
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TripInIt4U
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Large beautiful old room with old fireplace and large windows.
Excellent location,close to metro,and great cafes and restaurants.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Would always stay there while visiting in Paris now!
Breakfast was good in a cozy room,nice way to start the day.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our front room on a noisy street but if you Iike very quiet maybe a different room.We...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NaplesFloridaJfk
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I do not normally write reviews on tripadvisor but I felt compelled to write about Hotel Powers after I received the most extraordinarily bad service on check out. I was charged for a movie I did not watch, and upon requesting that the woman checking me out please remove it from my bill, she agreed to do so. However when I looked at the receipt, the film was still there. The reaction from her when I politely asked again to take it off, and to re-issue my bill, was bizarre. She was incredibly patronising and refused to let me finish a sentence, interrupting me at every point, and yelling at me when I tried to explain that I needed one receipt in total rather than a receipt and a refund receipt. Ultimately I was unable to communicate this to her because she was so aggressive in refusing to listen to me. It was truly obnoxious and I shan't go back.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank traveller t
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Terrific hotel in a great location within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, and the Arc de Triomphe. Very close to the Metro as well. The courteous staff was helpful and patient providing answers to our many questions. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed. Great breaksfast with fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, meats, cheeses, coffee, juice, and of course, those great breads and pastries. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank map17
SEVPOW, Directeur général at Powers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear Madam,

We are very sorry for the misunderstanding which happened upon your check out.
Unfortunately, our system doesn't allow us to realize the operation you wanted.
We want to apologize if you thought that our reception was rude, it was absolutely not her intention.

Guest's satisfaction is our priority and be sure that we do our best to avoid this kind of incident.
We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Best regards,

The Management

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great place great price great service!!! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James P
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Perfect Hotel - Promanagment - they are so good in helping you. Nice and big room, big bathroom and very good cleaning, nice breakfast lots of choices.

Near by to everything in Paris - shopping eating etc - very exlusive area, many returning guest.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business