“Good value few frills and well located”
Review of Brittany Hotel

Brittany Hotel
Ranked #822 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two years ago and didn't hesitate to book it this time for a six night stay in Paris with Madame at the end of our month in UK and France. Very friendly staff, lift between all floors, breakfast usual fare plus scrambled eggs with very good orange juice. Usual smallish rooms but with a very comfortable queen size bed. Room very quiet except for footsteps of people above but that isn't too bad. Rooms cleaned very thoroughly each day. Well recommended for location near Lafayette and between Sacre Coure and the Seine. Right on top of a metro stop.

1  Thank MonsieurPeutEtre

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked this hotel for a short week end in Paris, found a great offer for a double room at €260 (2 nights). Compared to other hotels and Paris prices, I was satisfied with my choice! Ok, the room looked a bit in old style, but the bathroom was spacious and modern. Also the area is quiet despite what I read before booking. My room (217) was very quiet at night.
The size of the room is ok for 2 people. It is definitely not a suite, and the space between bed and bathroom door/bed and desk was minimum for 1 person, but that's Paris size.
All in all, I'll check the hotel's rates out if I'll go back to Paris!
I put "average" for the service because I didn't interact that much with the staff. The only complaint I could tell is that on Friday evening we went out for a beer after dropping our luggages and when we got back at 2am the door was looked and the guy at the reception didn't hear the bell. I suggest you keep the hotel's phone number at hand so you can let the phone ring instead of the bell ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

And succeeds. If you travel like us and only need a comfortable small hotel in Paris with excellent service close to a metro station then the Brittany is for you. The staff is very attentive and will help making sightseeing arrangements and arranging limo service to the airports. The rooms are tiny even by Parisienne standards but are adequate and clean. The elevator is a hoot. A bonus is the included continental breakfast served in a pleasant room that is very much more than the usual coffee and croissant.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and that's what we got
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for three nights and we had searched long and hard through the mass of Paris hotels to find one that suited our requirements. This was an excellent choice. The location was central, with a metro station just on the corner. You were near enough to walk to the main shopping street but on a quiet street so not much noise at night and the restaurant prices weren't too ridiculous.We found the metro easy to use and cost effective buying a book of 10 tickets for 12 euros.The hotel room was clean and although small, had all we needed. The staff were very helpful and informative.We were also able to leave our luggage with them on our last day as we had a late afternoon departure. My only complaint might be that breakfast for I think it was 12 euros was a little pricey.We got ours included with a good rate from Expedia but would have felt short changed had we had to pay for breakfast. I would definately use this hotel again. Excellent location , small enough to be personal this hotel is good value for money in the middle of a beautiful city.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have the balcony windows at the front of the hotel .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We booked via travelnow.com. I do not recommend that anyone use travelnow.com. They were a rip off! They charged us too much for the accomodations. They charged us $246 per night and when I got there, the hotel's marked price on the door was 119 Euros which at that time the conversion rate was $1.22 per Euro. The elevator is small and fits maybe 2 slim people at a time. We had to load 2 suitcases at a time and press the floor button and run upstairs to unload. The service is lousy. They only provide you with one room key which is a nightmare if you are with your spouse and want to do different things. They also require that you leave the key at the front desk. The cleaning service is lousy. The breakfast is basic, they do not serve eggs or nutritious items. The hotel is dirty. There is nothing around the hotel to enjoy. I went there with my 4 kids and husband. Travelnow.com promised us 2 suites on the same floor, we ended up on the first night sleeping in 2 rooms on 2 different floors. One room which they called a suite, was a regular room where they placed a third bed in it! Very inconvenient small rooms. If you end up in that hotel, you should not pay more than $110 per night. They do not provide shampoo, nor any toiletteries. Good luck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed from 4/812 until 8/8/12 four nights in Hotel Brittany.
Very well located.
Very good breakfast.
Very nice rooms.
Clean.
Very friendly staff and also very helpful.
We would book it again.
I can recommend it.
Metro is around the corner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were looking for free rooms at the hotels. The Brittany Hotel was the third with vacation. We stayed for 3 nights.The first night was terrible -the A/C wasn't working (on December) and the room was very small, but at the morning the personal worried the remove us at other room. The food at the breakfast is o.k. and the staff are helpful.The price for a room was o.k.There is no other channels on TV except Frenches one.

Room Tip: The rooms are better on the upper floors (for example 5the floor).
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple