“If beds are important to you read on...”

Hotel Odyssey by Elegancia
Ranked #191 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“If beds are important to you read on...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am always slightly apprehensive about Parisian hotels as over the years I have stayed in a great many 'fashionable' and boutique' hotels and have always been so disappointed with the hotel, the amount spent on the hotel always seemed irrelevant. Therefore, this time I got down to my absolute essential criteria - top quality bed, sheets, bathroom, central location and a quiet area away from main streets.

Therefore, my opinion is very high of this hotel as they fulfilled all. The bed was absolutely divine, sheets snowy white and high thread count, the room was sound proofed (recommend the 3-5th floor) so not only was there no sound from outside but nor was there any from the inside of the hotel. The shower was perfect and large. In addition, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The place is immaculate as it is new and although the rooms are small, these have been cleverly designed so that all your paraphenalia can be hidden in cupboards and the focus is comfort. The A/C was so sensitive and worked immediately giving a perfect temperature.

I did not eat breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment but ordered club sandwiches and drinks as part of room service. These were very fresh and arrived within 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Higher floors are totally silent, a real cocoon.
1 Thank smarshy5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having stayed a few years ago at the sister property of this hotel the Hotel Seven in the 5th we decided to try out the Hotel O as we read it had just opened & we were looking for a funky place to stay to celebrate a special occasion with a bit of wow factor. It certainly has that ! The rooms are slightly on the small size but neither of us are very big and its very hard to find decent size rooms of this quality in Paris & we were only there for 3 nights. 'Cocooning' is what I think the marketing blurb calls it but very nice it was too ! We stayed in a room with purple lighting which was spotless & all the details were of the highest quality.
The location however is the best thing about this hotel. Just behind the beautiful and relatively unknown Place des Victoires and within easy walking distance of Louvre, Opera, Place Vendome etc... Also loads and loads of upmarket shops on the doorstep if that’s your thing.
As you'd expect in a brand new design hotel, the service from all the staff members we encountered was absolutely spot and special mention must go to Bruce at reception who was always extremely friendly & helpful.
As an added bonus there’s a trendy bar where we had a couple of cocktails before heading out to hit the Paris nightlife !
All in all a very funky brand new hotel with a stunning location close to all the shops and many thanks for helping us have a lovely long weekend in Paris !

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Genuinely location and good service! The staff couldn't do enough for us - they were so helpful and accommodating. When we reported our bathroom door was broken they sent someone immediately to get it fixed and even offered to change our room. We asked the staff to make various dinner/lunch reservations around the city and they did so without any hesitation. This hotel is not pretentious - yes the rooms are small but they are well designed, clean and they offer their customers the value of being in such a central location at a good price! The receptionists are very knowledgeable about the hotel and went the extra mile to tell us about the history of the design, the colors and we saw this when we checked into our room. Particularly 3 female receptionists (don't think I saw name tags so don't know their names) and Alexander provided us with some outstanding service. Thankyou very much and see you again very soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had to go to Paris for two days for business and I decided to stay one night at this hotel. I arrived at 11 and they told me that the room was still busy, so I should come back around 15h. I came back around 16h and they offered me a coffe while my room was "getting ready". Finally, around 17h they told me that actually they didn't have any room available, although I had booked the room through their homepage and I had an email from them with the corresponding confirmation. Being already late, they offered to accomodate me in another hotel from the same group, which was a lower category one and where I got the worst room I ever had in a hotel. Being so late I didn't have much choice, but the lady from Hotel O told me that as a compensation I could get a drink at their bar. They have good reviews, because it's new, but negligence like this will destroy their reputation quite fast if they don't improve. To top the list of bad experiences one of the employees called Etienne was arguing with another one called Alex in front of 4 passengers. The one called Alex tried to keep face, but it was an uncomfortable situation that they should also avoid. Last comment I will add is that while having a coffee waiting for the room one of the managers passed by and asked "Is everything ok"? I answered "not really" and he just kept walking...why to ask, I wonder. You have only one chance to give a first impression, never forget that.

8 Thank Toret8
Bruce Z, Gérant at Hotel Odyssey by Elegancia, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Sir,
I have to say that I have been very sorry to read your review and so for the following reasons:
As you said when you came back to check in we proposed you a coffee as we were trying to find an appropriate solution as we were trying to repair the sliding door which is separating the toilet from the room. We had a shooting from a famous magazine and they broke the door and as you were two persons occupying the room it was problematic. What you do not say in your feedback is that we explained you the problem and we proposed you to have the room for free as we were not happy to propose a room with the door of the toilet broken and as we were fully booked that night. You refused to come up with us to check the room to tell us whether it would be still ok for you or not. That is why we proposed to accommodate you in another of our hotel, which is just 2 minutes away from the hotel O. Hotel that has been completely renovated and redecorated just a year and a half ago. As at your check out you told them that you found the room pretty dark they arranged to make you see other rooms as for you to have an overall picture of the different types of room and display. I have to tell you that they did their best as they wanted you to leave the hotel with a better opinion on what we are proposing and they were very disappointing to see how you qualified their establishment.
You are right the receptionists that you are talking about should have never let you feel that they did not agree on the way to deal with the problem encountered in the room. However, it show that they are very concerned with our guests satisfaction.
I was the person that did come to ask you whether everything was fine while you were waiting for your coffee to be served. I did not know at the time that you were the person waiting for the room. But again as we really want to make sure our guests are having a good time we tend naturally to enquire about them. Your answer was “not quite yet” and as my colleague was preparing your coffee I thought that you were referring to that. You did not have an attitude or sayings that would have suggested in any way your dissatisfaction. I would have been more than happy if I knew to make my best to sort out the situation.
Sincerely yours,
Bruce Ziesler
Hotel manager
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, nice location, brand new and friendly staff !
Price is ok for a hotel in the centre and it is very modern.
Rooms are small but if you for a citytrip it is more than ok.

Staff by checking inn was very friendly and help you whit everything, I know for sure this hotel will soon in the top 10 of tripadvisor.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This place was a great surprise.

Friendly staff, really professional and attentive.

The rooms are extremely clean, well decorated and with very comfortable beds. Only weak point is the size of the rooms.

No fitness.

Location Is perfect, 5 min to Chatelet, 7 to the Louvre.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We live in the US and stayed for one night at Hotel O in early November. Looks like the hotel came under new management and has been completely renovated in Oct. 2012.

Our expectations were exceeded in every way with this hotel. The rooms were spectacular (beautiful modern designs with stunning color usage and fixtures). The staff were very friendly and helpful and spoke good english. The Louvre was around a 5 minute walk from the hotel and we were able to take the train directly from Charles de Gaulle airport to a stop that is around a 10minute walk from the hotel.

Overall - highly recommended. Looks like the other reviews on tripadvisor are from the previous hotel that was at this location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple