“Wonderful Stay in the Heart of Paris”

Hotel Magda Champs Elysees
Ranked #218 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I chose to stay at Royal Magda Etoile Hotel after reading wonderful reviews about the hotel. Initially, before I arrived, I thought it was too good to be true. However, from the moment I started emailing the hotel until my goodbye smile to Mila as I left the hotel, my family of 3 were treated very courteously by the staffs of the hotel. The location is excellent, too! Easy access to public transportation hubs, Arc de Triomphe is around the corner and with the wonderful Champ Elysees just a few minutes away, I was comfortable and felt safe to shop alone while my husband and daughter stayed in after a tiring day out. The rooms were wonderful, too. Our suite was comfortable for the three of us and i managed to sneak a bath before my shopping trip on Champ Elysees with the bath salts and bath tablet provided. My young daughter was kept entertained by a few English speaking channels on TV. A dinner cruise was also arranged for us on the Bateaux Mouches. I was sad to leave the hotel and wished I could stay longer. I would strongly recommend this hotel. One of the reasons our trip to Paris was special, was because of our wonderful stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mawarjg
Write a ReviewReviews (1,720)

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located on a quiet, side street just a couple minutes walk to the Arc d'Triumph. This was nice because you didn't hear the traffic noise from your room, yet you were very close to the attractions, restaurants and shopping.
We had an executive suite which was just big enough. (I imagine that a regular room is very small, but typical for Paris.) The decor was warm (shades of brown and blue) and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was ok, nothing wow wow about it. Everything was clean.
The downside was that you couldn't really open your window because the occupants across the courtyard looked straight into your room. Also you could hear the occupants directly above your room walking around.
Overall though, for a 3 star hotel, with a great location, the value for the money was good.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Next to metro station, walking to Champs Elysee, extremely courteous staff, and well appointed rooms. Overall, i'm very happy with my recent stay here, and will definitely be returning to the same hotel, for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recently stayed in this lovely boutique hotel for 1 night only but were extremely impressed.

Firstly the location is fantastic, plenty of bars, restaurants and shops on your doorstep and located in a lovely neighborhood.

We booked a Club Room and were upgraded to a Suite which was a lovely surprise. The Suite consisted of sitting area with flat screen TV; tea/coffee and mini bar with sofa and wardrobe.

There was a separate bedroom with Kind bed and flat screen TV and then a large bathroom with Bath/Shower.

We had plenty of space and could have quite happily stopped here for a few days very comfortably indeed.

We walked to the Champs-Élysées and Arc de Triomphe in around 2 minutes, we couldn't believe how centrally located we were.

The breakfast was a very nice small spread of Croissants, Baguettes, Cheese, Ham, Jams etc with fresh coffee and juice, more than adequate and set us up for the morning.

We will definitely be returning when we next visit Paris and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Suite very spacious and more comfortable than a standard room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and that was very helpful.
The staff are very good and welcoming, the rooms are very clean. All services are perfect.
I will advice all my friends to stay in this hotel when they come to Paris...

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Adnan H
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights here and it was a very pleasant stay. Location - excellent. Two minutes walk to Metro station and the Champs Élysées - Arc De Triomphe. We want to make special mention of Mela (hotel receptionist) who was just so very good at her job. Very professional with such a friendly helpful attitude. She made our stay even more special by arranging a gift of champagne to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. She also assisted us by booking an evening at the Lido for our last night.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting great service and a good location.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel is well run, staff are all incredibly friendly and the room was well equipped with bath, shower, TV and free wifi. We were on the fifth floor, and the small balcony with table and chairs was a real bonus in the heat of Paris, even in September. The position near the Etoile is convenient for metro, RER and Air France airport transfers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple