“Yes, I'd stay here again!”

Hotel Magda Champs Elysees
Ranked #219 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“Yes, I'd stay here again!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I recently stayed for six nights in the Royal Magda hotel in Paris and it was a wonderful experience. I travel the world for work and typically stay in some of the larger, big-name hotels. This was the first time in a long time I've traveled for personal vacation and stayed in a smaller, boutique hotel. It was perfect! The rooms are a bit on the small side (queen bed, desk, 1 chair, 1 night stand, mini-bar), but exceptionally clean and comfortable. We had clean sheets and towels every day. There is coffee, tea and hot cocoa in the rooms which is a nice way to start the day. There is a mini-bar also and it has enough room for you to stick other things (like fruit) in there. The hotel staff was amazing... they'd help us with any question we had (the metro system, museum times, dinner reservations, etc.). They were fluent in several languages and once they became familiar with you, they always spoke to you in your native language and knew your names and room numbers. We had breakfast each morning which was always good. They have a lovely lobby area and the best part was that they were perfectly fine with us having our own bottles of wine, cheese and baguettes in the lobby each evening for cocktail hour. It was just lovely. You can't beat the location either. It's right by the Arc de Triumph and the Charles DeGaIle (sp?) Etoile metro station. Great shopping around the area as well (you can walk to the now-too-commercial Champs Elysee). Tons of wonderful restaurants near-by as well. I highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise from the street, ask for a room that faces the interior courtyard. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The property is great! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. Room was very clean as well. When I stay at a hotel I love great water pressure and a roomy bathroom. I mean who likes a shower with lousy pressure. Well this hotel had great water pressure, a surprisingly large bathroom and service that kept 3 guys very clean :).
We stayed for 3 days. Very close to the metro (which is really easy to figure out). Only a couple minutes walk from Arc De Triumph (yeah I spelled it wrong). We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aeagleaaron
Adelaide
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights. The hotel is in a great location, 2 min to the Arc. As it was my 50th I had a lovely surprise of champagne and nibbles in the room on arrival. We had a problem with the safe and came back one afternoon and had no power in the room, staff were very quick to fix. Staff were friendly and professional. The room was small and although it faced the street it had thick block out curtains and double glazed windows so there was no street noise. Free wifi in the room. The room was air conditioned but this needs improving. The breakfast is basic and after 4 mornings we were looking for some variety. There are restaurants and fast food within 1 minute walk and a supermarket within 5 minutes. We can recommend the chinese restaurant across the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdelaideJulie
George Town, Grand Cayman
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located for exploring Paris. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy, although not huge. Good quality toiletries too. We didn't have the hotel breakfast as you are better off finding a coffee shop nearby. Good price for such a central location. Arc de Triomphe you can pretty much see out of the window and the metro is no more than 200 metres away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Great location, but there are plenty of other hotels nearby, free WIFI, the room was tiny but cosy and very clean. It has a minibar, which is not always the case in this type of French hotels.
BUT:
1. the TV was not working and it took them an hour of trials and errors, bringing in and out several TV sets and remote controls to finally fix it. The guy apologised so many times that I was willing to forget it.
2. I ordered room service from their very extensive menu and was told it would be max 25 minutes. After an hour (by the time they finished fixing my TV), I called again. "normally, it should arrive soon". Long story short, it never did, the staff was absolutely unhelpful and I had to go out for a later dinner.
3. The elevator in the meantime was out of order at the time I got out for my late dinner, and there was just an "out of order" sign on it when I came back, so I had to climb to the 6th floor using the dirty stairs ( major renovation works ongoing, nobody said anything about that when I booked). Still not fixed the next day.
4. Breakfast is served in a tiny, dark, dirty space, in the middle of renovation materials. I didn't have breakfast there in the end.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank DdV1
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for only one night after returning from Provence before flying home. We had a very large, comfortable room, with free wifi. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. The location is spectacular. It was a perfect base for us for our last day/evening in Paris.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OSuzanneL
NYC
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wow, this was an awesome surprise. Our great experience started when we checked in. The people who work at the hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful. The entire stay, you could expect to be greeted by warm smiles. The room was small but clean and nice. Best part, there was a little balcony. The location is fantastic. The hotel is about a block away from the Arc de Triumph. Great restaurants close by and the metro was also close (maybe a block and a half). I can't say enough great things about this place. I will definitely stay here again when I am in Paris. The hotel is on a quiet little side street. We had a room facing the street and didn't have any problems with street noise. I noticed in the lobby the hotel had an award from TripAdvisor. I can understand why, this hotel is awesome and deserves to be recognized!

Room Tip: One of the rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family