“Excellent location to see the sights of Paris”

Hotel Magda Champs Elysees
Ranked #223 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Excellent location to see the sights of Paris”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located for exploring Paris. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and tidy, although not huge. Good quality toiletries too. We didn't have the hotel breakfast as you are better off finding a coffee shop nearby. Good price for such a central location. Arc de Triomphe you can pretty much see out of the window and the metro is no more than 200 metres away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Great location, but there are plenty of other hotels nearby, free WIFI, the room was tiny but cosy and very clean. It has a minibar, which is not always the case in this type of French hotels.
BUT:
1. the TV was not working and it took them an hour of trials and errors, bringing in and out several TV sets and remote controls to finally fix it. The guy apologised so many times that I was willing to forget it.
2. I ordered room service from their very extensive menu and was told it would be max 25 minutes. After an hour (by the time they finished fixing my TV), I called again. "normally, it should arrive soon". Long story short, it never did, the staff was absolutely unhelpful and I had to go out for a later dinner.
3. The elevator in the meantime was out of order at the time I got out for my late dinner, and there was just an "out of order" sign on it when I came back, so I had to climb to the 6th floor using the dirty stairs ( major renovation works ongoing, nobody said anything about that when I booked). Still not fixed the next day.
4. Breakfast is served in a tiny, dark, dirty space, in the middle of renovation materials. I didn't have breakfast there in the end.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank DdV1
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for only one night after returning from Provence before flying home. We had a very large, comfortable room, with free wifi. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. The location is spectacular. It was a perfect base for us for our last day/evening in Paris.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OSuzanneL
NYC
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wow, this was an awesome surprise. Our great experience started when we checked in. The people who work at the hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful. The entire stay, you could expect to be greeted by warm smiles. The room was small but clean and nice. Best part, there was a little balcony. The location is fantastic. The hotel is about a block away from the Arc de Triumph. Great restaurants close by and the metro was also close (maybe a block and a half). I can't say enough great things about this place. I will definitely stay here again when I am in Paris. The hotel is on a quiet little side street. We had a room facing the street and didn't have any problems with street noise. I noticed in the lobby the hotel had an award from TripAdvisor. I can understand why, this hotel is awesome and deserves to be recognized!

Room Tip: One of the rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank NYCtraveler33Nyc
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent 4 nights, with a family of 5 (3 young kids) and we took the one bedroom appartment. Location was great, next to the subway and L'Arc de Triomphe. Internet was free, breakfast was good, and the room was big enough for our family of 5.

Staff was very helpful and nice.

Very small elevator (typical in Paris), however it makes it hard with young kids to access the high floors. If you have a stroller, it won't fit. Therefore I recommend you ask for low floors room, so you don't have to go to far with the stairs.

Room Tip: If you have young kids with a stroller, ask for a lower floor room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Royal Magda was recommended by a colleague. I had never been to Europe and this was the first trip for my wife & I.
I would tell anyone that if they want to be treated like royalty, stay at Royal Magda Etoile Hotel.
The front desk staff was so helpful in with directions and suggestions, that I felt like family after staying there 7 nights. The rooms were great, the breakfast was great, the beds were great.
The location near the Arc De Triomphe was perfect.
I would tell anyone going to Paris, stay at Royal Magda Etoile and you will not be sorry

Room Tip: Room # 611 was great,,,quiet and more than enough room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenny M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the hotel.

The good - located near Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees, friendly and obliging staff, free wifi, the room was pretty clean

The bad - the (family) room was also pretty small; no facilities at all except a tiny lift and the small breakfast room; major renovations / redecorating during our visit - we weren't warned about these, and no apology was offered for the noise, drilling, dust and inconvenience. Maybe they thought an apology would have been viewed by us as an invitation to ask for a rebate. Either way it wasn't great, and we won't be returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family