Residence du Roy Hotel
Fred Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
$88
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$322
$236
Travelocity
$205
  • Room Service
All reviewschamps elyseeseiffel towersecure underground parkingparis officegreat locationbedroom suitefranklin rooseveltquiet streetbreakfast spreadbath and showershort walkwi fiwithin walking distanceseine riverroom servicerooms are nicemajor attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We travelled to Paris for the final stage of Le Tour de France and we could not have chosen a better location. The hotel was a 5 minute walk to Les Champs Elysee and a great base from which to explore the city's attractions. We booked a suite for 2 adults and 2 children. The kids bed was a sofa bed but was perfect for them. The hotel was clean. BOTH lifts were working and the TV in suite 206 was definitely not from the 50's. Our breakfast was included as I used airmiles to pay for the hotel but I did look at the price list. If we were to pay for the breakfasts we had each day it would have been100 euro for the 4 of us - very pricey for a continental breakfast considering we had a great dinner in one of the nearby restaurant for 100 euro.
It's not cheap but it IS Paris.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank cat65London
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Well, I am a research junkie so with a year advance notice, I looked for the 'right' hotel. My H and I like space and in Paris that comes at a premium if you can find something at all.
Space is plentiful here. The bathrooms were well appointed yet small and the air-conditioning was sufficient (May 2-7). It's not like I must have luxury but the pictures on the hotel website are a bit exaggerated. The room is large (45 sqm.) with separate sleeping area and living room with a sofa bed (uncomfortable to sit in/never opened), table, 2 chairs, desk/mini bar. The furnishings were a bit shabby yet everything was very clean. We didn't spent much time in the room so I wasn't too upset. However, I would have given the hotel 5 stars if the furnishings were comfortable. The location is excellent. We are walkers and everything was accessible. The only taxi we took was to Sacre Coeur and returning from Luxembourg Gardens because we were late and needed to see L'Orangerie Museum. Enjoy your trip. It is truly the most beautiful city and I WILL be back again and again and again....

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelinpair83
Reviewed June 25, 2008

Stayed June 19 through 21 in Suite 206.

Lobby is small and in a very 80' style. Lifts are outdated (one totally out of order)

Although smoking is not more permitted in closed public areas, there's a heavy ciarette smell in the hall, probably due to people smoking in their room.

Room had a good size (45 m2) with separate bedroom and separate WC from bathroom)

Cleaning was very approximative, especially in toilets and bathroom.

LCD tv, free wifi internet access

Breakfast far too expensive - lots of nice cafés few minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Stayed June 9 through 13 in a supposedly "deluxe" room for business reasons.
Although lobby is small but in decent state, lifts are outdated, rooms are small and DIRTY (take a look at every corner for hairs, etc...) with a very average appearence

Bed is barely ok. Bathroom DIRTY and just average. TV set is from the fifties.

They advertise WI-FI for free, but network signal is so feeble (likely due to cheap antennas) that I, on floor 4, was not able to use it once.

AVOID.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank duke_clar
Reviewed June 18, 2008

I have just returned from my first trip to Paris and stayed at this lovely hotel. There were 6 of us ranging in age from 13 to 89, all girls! We travelled on the Eurostar which, as always, was fantastic.

My sister and I chose this hotel online and were very pleased with our choice. We had 2 suites which were a nice size, nothing like the small rooms Paris hotels are known for. It was incredibly clean and the reception staff were very helpful, knowledgeable and all spoke very good English. We did not have breakfast so I cannot comment on it.

We did as many of the touristy things as we could in 3 days and it really is a beautiful city. I have never felt the urge to visit Paris before but I really did love it.

Take plenty of cash with you, it's a very expensive city, I spent 650Euros on myself and my 2 daughters and pretty much most of that went on food! While we ate in nice restaurants they were definately not the most expensive there. The food is truely delicious.

Anyway to sum up we all agreed that we would return to Paris and this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family