“Residence du Roy Hotel, Paris”

Residence du Roy Hotel
Ranked #575 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Myself , husband and two teenage children just returned back from our stay at this hotel. Hotel is the best location, 10 min walk out the front door to the left is the Seine River and less then 10 mins out to the right is Champs Elysse. We were very close to everything, metro, shops, restaurants , majority of the sights within walking distance, not more then a 20 min walk, We ofcourse took the Quad room, I was exceptional pleased at the size of the room. It appears smaller on the website. very large and roomy, 2 bathrooms, table to eat at for 4, large living area, . The bedroom bed was very comfortable, actually to the point my husband asked if I took down the name of the mattress. The hotels complimentary breakfast was very satisfying, large selection and delicious breads and meats. The staff were very attentive. We just had wished after our 9 hr overnight flight we could have gotten into our room when we arrived . So we had breakfast and walked around Paris a bit. We were in the room by noon!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is located close to the eiffel tower and the arc the triomphe.
We stayed there for 2 nights and had a great weekend at Paris.
The staf is very friendly and helpful.
he breakfast was good, although it was simple in relation to other breakfasts in similair hotels.
The room was huge and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in march with our two children who are 3 and 4. Staff were lovely very helpful. We requested a kitchen which we were got. Wifi.
I wouldn't say it was 4 star more 3.
Breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a fantastic hotel! everything about it was perfect, the welcome, the room-we were given a lovely suite as I had said it was my daughters 16 th birthday ,they even gave us a cake ! Rooms were clean, newly decorated and comfortable .The breakfast was lovely.Room service was prompt and excellent.The staff were v helpful and friendly. The hotel was very central and we could walk everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in Paris . Upon first glance, when entering, the reception is well appointed, the staff very friendly and professional.
Our room looked over the street as promised and we had a little kitchenette as requested also. The sofa bed and additional cot actually gave us room to sleep four people, which was more than adequate for myself, my wife and our three year old son.
The location is its leading feature as we easily walked to the Eiffel Tower, the louvre, the arc de triomphe, the grand palais and of course the champs des élysées.
My letdown for this property were as follows. The room service doesn't start until 7:30pm ( although stated as 7:00pm in the room) and is actually food ordered from restaurants nearby then property then replated when it arrives at the hotel. Very sad...very well overpriced food for shopping mall food court quality.
The furniture and amenities were older and most likely would have suited a hostel lodging environment....the toilet was in a separate room from the bath and vanity area, which is fine, but the toilet area had a public washroom feel, where as the bath/shower vanity area were well finished and sparkling....plus the toilet was right beside the kitchenette. The kitchenette, although equipped with plates , knives forks etc didn't gave any cloths or anything so we could wash our dishes...upon request they gave us more towels.....our French is good , so it wasn't a language barrier.
The lounge area is more for show. Twice I tried to get a beverage downstairs. The first time I waited 17 minutes and not a soul of an employee ever even stepped foot in the lounge. I went around the corner instead. the second time I waited 28 minutes ( I decided to turn it into a waiting game). When the bellman/bartender finally asked me if I needed anything I simply had a water....then he was frustrated looking cause apparently I'd wasted his time. Touché !!
The really frustrating /funny part to me was that the front desk clerk watched me and made eye contact with me multiple times and was just a few feet away could have easily just offered me a drink.
The weirdest/creepy thing for my wife and I was that one of the bellman really took a shining to our little boy. Too much kissing on the cheek, on the forehead and head with multiple hugs....we ended up checking the doorway each time we came in or out so we didn't have to endure the uncomfortable exchange anymore.....el creepo..
This is not a "budget" hotel by any means, but it is a property trying to compete with more well rounded quality properties close by and it simply can't offer things that some ( not all) travellers require......
I'm not saying don't stay here, but if your looking for 4-5 star accommodation with industry professionals then the myriad of other options close by can offer and deliver as advertised. This hotel can not.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Jo D
Reviewed February 20, 2013

very nice located,clean rooms nice breakfast,easy access to train bus,etc.very friendly people,for sure a money very well invested .
Thanks was a great experience for my wife's first Paris experience, we have a blast

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Efrain L
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The residence du roy left us with a great impression. The location is great, and the room was ample for a family of four. After leaving the hotel for the french countryside we were contacted that we had forgotten our passports. The staff kept them safely for us until our return to paris 3 days later. The scenario could have played out much differenty if the staff had not been trustworthy and conscientous.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family