“Very nice”

Residence du Roy Hotel
Ranked #605 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in march with our two children who are 3 and 4. Staff were lovely very helpful. We requested a kitchen which we were got. Wifi.
I wouldn't say it was 4 star more 3.
Breakfast could have been better.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a fantastic hotel! everything about it was perfect, the welcome, the room-we were given a lovely suite as I had said it was my daughters 16 th birthday ,they even gave us a cake ! Rooms were clean, newly decorated and comfortable .The breakfast was lovely.Room service was prompt and excellent.The staff were v helpful and friendly. The hotel was very central and we could walk everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

victoria b.c.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel in Paris . Upon first glance, when entering, the reception is well appointed, the staff very friendly and professional.
Our room looked over the street as promised and we had a little kitchenette as requested also. The sofa bed and additional cot actually gave us room to sleep four people, which was more than adequate for myself, my wife and our three year old son.
The location is its leading feature as we easily walked to the Eiffel Tower, the louvre, the arc de triomphe, the grand palais and of course the champs des élysées.
My letdown for this property were as follows. The room service doesn't start until 7:30pm ( although stated as 7:00pm in the room) and is actually food ordered from restaurants nearby then property then replated when it arrives at the hotel. Very sad...very well overpriced food for shopping mall food court quality.
The furniture and amenities were older and most likely would have suited a hostel lodging environment....the toilet was in a separate room from the bath and vanity area, which is fine, but the toilet area had a public washroom feel, where as the bath/shower vanity area were well finished and sparkling....plus the toilet was right beside the kitchenette. The kitchenette, although equipped with plates , knives forks etc didn't gave any cloths or anything so we could wash our dishes...upon request they gave us more towels.....our French is good , so it wasn't a language barrier.
The lounge area is more for show. Twice I tried to get a beverage downstairs. The first time I waited 17 minutes and not a soul of an employee ever even stepped foot in the lounge. I went around the corner instead. the second time I waited 28 minutes ( I decided to turn it into a waiting game). When the bellman/bartender finally asked me if I needed anything I simply had a water....then he was frustrated looking cause apparently I'd wasted his time. Touché !!
The really frustrating /funny part to me was that the front desk clerk watched me and made eye contact with me multiple times and was just a few feet away could have easily just offered me a drink.
The weirdest/creepy thing for my wife and I was that one of the bellman really took a shining to our little boy. Too much kissing on the cheek, on the forehead and head with multiple hugs....we ended up checking the doorway each time we came in or out so we didn't have to endure the uncomfortable exchange anymore.....el creepo..
This is not a "budget" hotel by any means, but it is a property trying to compete with more well rounded quality properties close by and it simply can't offer things that some ( not all) travellers require......
I'm not saying don't stay here, but if your looking for 4-5 star accommodation with industry professionals then the myriad of other options close by can offer and deliver as advertised. This hotel can not.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jo D
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

very nice located,clean rooms nice breakfast,easy access to train bus,etc.very friendly people,for sure a money very well invested .
Thanks was a great experience for my wife's first Paris experience, we have a blast

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Efrain L
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

The residence du roy left us with a great impression. The location is great, and the room was ample for a family of four. After leaving the hotel for the french countryside we were contacted that we had forgotten our passports. The staff kept them safely for us until our return to paris 3 days later. The scenario could have played out much differenty if the staff had not been trustworthy and conscientous.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family of five stayed here for five nights in July. We had a triple room and a double with kitchenette that were across the hall from each other, although it was fine because my kids are all teens. The rooms and bathrooms were nicely sized, especially for Europe, and very clean although not fancy. The kitchenette was closet sized, but allowed us to have breakfasts and snacks in. We even were able to reheat leftover pizza which was nice. It is located in the area that has many of the fashion houses. My teen daughters (and I) were thrilled to be able to see into the YSL workrooms and offices from one of my windows. The paparazzi hung out by the doors a few days we were there (again, fun for my girls). By the way, the windows are very large and open up. We overlooked the garden courtyard (and the YSL offices), so it was quiet and very pleasant. The staff was not friendly in the least and not particularly helpful. There is no real food service in the lobby and there are few places to eat close by. I would consider staying here again, although I would probably look for somewhere else closer to a train station first.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks the garden courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Short walk to Champs Elyses and Rue Montaigne. That's where the positives end.
This hotel markets itself as 4 star and it just isn't. The room was merely ok. I was under the impression we'd booked a one bedroom apartment (necessary as we were travelling with an infant). Instead it was a living area and bedroom separated by a sliding door so heavy that I could not move it on my own. My husband had to be around to open and close the door every time. I complained about this on our first day there. Nothing was done about it.
It is also very unclear from the hotel website that if you want the kitchenette within the apartment, this is an extra charge. The door to the kitchenette was locked and when I asked for it to be open for our use they said they would but only for an additional €30 per night. We were already paying €250 per night and this charge was excessive in the extreme. I just wanted to be able to wash my baby's bottles and heat some food for him. The hotel had very few guests as it was and it really felt like they were taking advantage of our situation.
What kind of 4 star hotel doesn't have hot food available on their room service menu? They don't actually cook anything on site. They order the food in and it's all cold and ridiculously priced. €36 for a cheese platter to feed one person. And it wasn't even good.
The facilities were ancient. I haven't seen a hair dryer like the one attached to the bathroom wall since the 1980s.
The double bed was 2 singles pushed together (something that infuriates me, yet so many hotels do this).
And when my mobile phone was pick pocketed during my stay in a nearby restaurant I found the staff most unwilling to help me. It was a real effort to convince them to let me use the phone to call my service provider and they were completely unsympathetic. Really an unpleasant experience.
I definitely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank CJM275
La_Residence_Du_Roy, Responsable réception at Residence du Roy Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guests,
We feel very sorry you had a bad impression of our hotel and we really apologize. We would be very pleased to meet you again.

We have read your comments carefully and are very concerned regarding your feelings when you were staying with us.
Regarding the kitchen, as not all our suites are equipped with it, we need to manage the schedule and are pleased to open it to our guests when it’s available. The best is to require it when you book the suite apartment.
For room service as we are a small unit, we don’t prepare the meals in the site, but we work closely with 2 quality restaurants.
The team always try to be at the disposal to any requests made from the guests.

We look forward to welcoming you once again, please contact me directly for your next stay, I will propose you our best conditions.

Yours sincerely