“Romantic hotel”

Ranked #547 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London
“Romantic hotel”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went for two days for a romantic break.

The hotel is romantic but lacks the vow factor! We booked a suite which was very nice but I think I would have probably preferred a room at George V for the same price!

Room Tip: Didn't see the other rooms just the suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LondonGeorgia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. A few minute walk from the Eifel Tower and George V street.
Around the corner from great shopping. The hotel is not over the top, but its very nice. Great bathrooms and nice staff. I would definitely stay here again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wow! Where to start. My husband treated me to a few days in Paris and we celebrated New Year there. He booked us in to stay at the Hotel de la Tremoille and it was brilliant. Great location right near the Champs Elysees and walking distance to some great cafe's and restaurants.

The hotel has great decor, luxurious and extremely comfortable beds, spacious rooms and the most gorgeous Molton brown toiletries! Breakfast was an array of fresh fruits, juices and pastries if your chose continental, and of course eggs to order etc.

We also had dinner at the restaurant called Louis. I ordered steak and it was melt in the mouth delcious! Service was very good, staff were courteous, helpful and polite. All in all I WILL return!! I would recommend the hotel for location, and service - haven't a clue what the price was!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trueandfair
London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is very well located and is the right balance between period elegance and modern fittings. It lacks a tiny bit of charm. It is also pretty expensive.

The bedrooms are really comfortable with a really nicely laid out bathroom and a wonderfully comfortable bed.

Continental breakfast was included in my tariff and was OK.

All in all a pretty comfortable hotel which is cosy and lacking in any pretensions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff was very pleasant to interact with. They greeted us upon arrival and even put our taxi bill on our tab and paid the driver with euros since we hadn't converted our money yet. The location is superb! Just minutes from the Eiffel Tower & shopping. There is a great restaurant across the street and they do speak English-Philippe-Jean Pierre. There are also lots of additional cafes surrounding the hotel. The hotel was clean and easy on the eyes. Modern in style and again the staff was so very helpful!!! I felt safe and comfortable walking in and around the hotel. Very clean inside and outside of hotel. The room was spacious (in French standards). Small for me, but I loved the Molton Brown bath products and the marble bathroom was a nice touch. The windows did open in the hotel room, which was nice. I will definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff was so accomodating and made me feel so comfortable.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is a 2 minute walk from the Avenue Montaigne and a 10 min walk from the Champs Elysees. The hotel was clean and I loved the Molton Brown products in the bathroom. The room was a bit small but that is common in Parisien hotels. Wifi was really bad. The breakfast buffet was just terrible. Had to be the worst food we had while in Paris. And to make things worse, the waiters confirmed to us 3 times that the breakfast buffet was included in our room rate, but we were surprised to find a daily charge for breakfast only when we came to check out. And when we spoke to the Restaurant Manager, he was extremely rude, and the only response was "I cannot do anything, I am sure you did not understand the waiter correctly". The rest of the staff in the hotel were actually extremely friendly including the housekeeping and concierge. It is a shame the hotel restaurant ruined what was otherwise a lovely hotel!

2 Thank Dinakb
LaTremoille, Directeur général at Hotel de la Tremoille, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guest,

I acknowledge receipt of your comments but I cannot help but think that your dissatisfaction comes from the fact that we have refused to credit you the amount of the buffet breakfast supplement.

May I remind you that you have been duly informed at time of the reservation and also upon check-in that the rate you had booked did include the continental breakfast but not the buffet.

Concerning the quality of the breakfast, I must say that we hardly have any negative observations about it : it has been set up to meet our demanding clients’ requirements and our guests generally agree on the fact that there is a very nice selection of ingredients.

Finally, you have been kind enough to highlight the staff’s helpfulness for which La Tremoille has always been famed and I thank you for this.

I am convinced that the regular users of Tripadvisor will know how to put things in perspective.

Daniel David
New York City
Reviewed November 4, 2012

When my husband and I decided to visit Paris, I immediately began to reach hundreds upon hundreds of hotel reviews, determined to find THE perfect hotel. Seriously, I drove him nuts. I read reviews for at least 500 hotels. I read so many great reviews about Hotel de la Tremoille that we ultimately booked a room here. I am so thankful we did. The staff couldn't possibly be any more thoughtful or kinder. Our room was massive! We stayed in one of their deluxe rooms. It was bigger than our NYC apartment. The bed is totally dreamy. I think it would be impossible to get a bad night's sleep on it. The room was spotless! One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. It is a very short walk to the closest Metro stop. (4 minute walk, if that.) Excellent restaurants within walking distance. Do yourself a favor though and order room service for dinner one night. That was one of the best meals we had during our entire stay in Paris. This place is a gem and I can't wait to get back to Paris to stay there again.

2 Thank AH646