4,031 results
All reviewslarge hotelriver cruisetrain stationbusy hoteleiffel towerbreakfast buffetmini barconvenient locationcroissantsmontparnassefloorconciergegaiteconferenceeurosaccorsupermarket
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The rooms are nice. Service leaves something to be desired. There are hot pots in the room to boil water. There are coffee cups in the room. How hard is it to put instant coffee in the rooms, like every other decent hotel in Europe? I called down to tell the front desk I'd like Instant coffee, they bring me decaf instant coffee. I call down to tell them to bring me regular instant coffee. They bring me a french press of hot coffee that they want me to pay roomservice for. I tell the guy, please just bring me some packets of regular instant coffee. 30 minutes later I have my coffee. Why should it take an hour to get packets of instant coffee. Put them in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel. The hotel is very nice. It is very conveniently located (less than 5 minute walk) to a main train station that has access to both regional and larger trains, as well as 4 of the main Metro lines.

The room was very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large, however, beware that the shower/tub was extremely high. I found it difficult to climb in and out of and I don't have any physical limitations. In addition, the shower door only went halfway across the tub, which caused the countertop and floor to get wet.

There was a full breakfast buffet, but beware if you prefer a typical "American" breakfast. To say the scrambled eggs were undercooked would be an understatement. It was like having egg soup. The bacon was also undercooked. There was a very nice selection of pastries, cheese, and meats.

Beware of buying drinks in the hotel bar. We stopped in one night after dinner to just have a nightcap. My husband ordered a Jack Daniels and ginger ale. They didn't have ginger ale, so gave him some lemon flavored tonic water instead. I got literally a splash of Bailey's in a glass. They charged us 28 Euros for the two drinks. Two ladies next to us ordered White Russians, which the bartender had to ask someone how to make. They charged them 32 Euros for the 2 drinks, and they said they were the worst drinks they had ever had.

Room Tip: Stay away from the hotel bar. Drinks are extremely expensive, even for Paris.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Three days, 2 adults, 2 kids, Holiday.

+Location
+Scale
+Kids love hotels.

-Breakfast-hall is a zoo. Try to find a corner while you slowly wake up.
-Refurbished but you still see the old Accor coming through.
-Twice at 8AM, housekeeping came in!!
-Room was not cleaned the second day

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ourtimeisnow
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Pullman Montparnasse won't win any awards for spacious rooms but size isn't everything. The rooms are tidy, the bed is very comfortable, bathroom amenities are generous and the staff is efficient. And then there is the location - directly across from Gare Montparnasse (but don't worry, it's very quiet). Montparnasse is one of six rail stations in Pars and is home to the TGV fast trains to Bordeaux and Le Mans. Equally valuable, the Air France Bus from CDG stops directly across the street - this is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to get from the airport to the city (27 Euros round trip vs 60 euros and up for a taxi each way, and you can book it online).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lyn_Farmer
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I’ve introduced myself as A-club member and reception which was so hospitable upgraded both rooms to higher level. Rooms are so spacious and well equipped. Hotel is adjacent to Montparnasse tower which is the highest building in Paris as I guess. Montparnasse Train\Metro station is only few steps.

I liked the hotel and recommend staying on it. The only thing is that it’s little bit long distance to walk to\from city center (Champs-Élysées) especially after metro working hours i.e. 11:00pm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family