“Ok, but not value for money”
Review of Hotel Edouard 7

Hotel Edouard 7
Ranked #117 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Recently spent three nights in this hotel and found it very average with a poor price to value ratio. At over €200 per night I expected more, our room was tiny and nothing special. Comfy bed but paris is a walking city and u would sleep on any kind of mattress I was so tired. Friendly staff although we had little contact as nothing included in terms of breakfast for example. Location fine, near metro and handy for museums but I would not stay again as I could not justify the price for what you get there.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dimmie
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive Director at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Madam,

I acknowledge your comments after your recent stay at Edouard7 .

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your point of view.

I'm terribly sorry to read about your unsatisfaction you have experienced with your room and its price.
September and October are so busy in Paris, it is the high season , and for 200€ per night as you explained, I think you booked the first category of room, the standard room.
I'm terribly sorry that you did not like it.

I really do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in our hotel , and show you other type of rooms.
Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any requests.

Thank you and kindest regards from Paris

There are newer reviews for Hotel Edouard 7

Reviewed October 8, 2012

If I were to award a star for each of 5 facets (location, room, facilities, amenities, & service) in rating a hotel stay, Edouard VII would earn 5 stars. In my fairly extensive travel experiences, I have stayed in various levels of hotels throughout the world and there are reasons I have selected to return to Edouard VII 7 or 8 times already.

Let me start with location. Simply put, being on Avenue de l'Opera on the border of the 1st and 2nd arrondissement in Paris is hard to beat. It is arguably one of the nicest locations in Paris and is within 5-10 minute walking distance to such classic sites including the Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, and the Garnier Opera House. In fact, avid walkers can reach many of the city’s top sites starting from the hotel. For shoppers, there is a Gallery Lafayette minutes away by foot and for those that prefer public transportation; there are metro stations nearby (also a short walk away).

The rooms are individually and smartly decorated (primarily in a traditional style – at least the rooms I’ve enjoyed) yet equipped with modern amenities (flat screen, ipod-radio, wifi…). The beds are extremely comfortable with numerous oversized pillows and the bathroom is also luxuriously appointed with hotel branded amenities. I also haven’t experienced any noise issues with surrounding rooms. The potential downside is that it is tempting to sleep in and not get out and explore the city, though I view this as a best-of-both-world’s scenario.

The hotel also provides a full-range of facilities which is done by smartly utilizing existing space. There is a comfortable lobby, business center (equipped with computers with internet access), restaurant, and bar on the first floor as well as a fitness room and spa on a different floor. Some have criticized the breakfast as pricey, though it has to be considered that you are eating in the heart of Paris at a luxurious hotel. I have sampled other breakfasts nearby though feel for the value (buffet with croissants, pain au chocolat, various breads, fruit, meats & cheeses, yogurt, juice, and assorted coffee options) it is fair and the convenience and comfort make it a reasonable option to start the day.

The hotel provides nice amenities as well including international newspapers and thoughtful gifts for children and adults. We have received numerous “little presents” during our stays over the years including: candy/ treats for my daughter, key-chain and other little gifts, fruit platter, cocktails, as well as welcoming notes from the hotel. All of these make for a nice touch and the feeling that you are a valued guest.

With regards to service, the management and staff are professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and eager to please. I have experienced this from the director level, management, as well as hotel staff. The hotel concierges have provided great suggestions (for kids as well as adults), have assisted with directions, and various reservations (including difficult-to-book dinner reservations). All you have to do is ask. It is clear to me that the hotel is intent on pleasing guests and making them feel as if the Hotel Edouard VII is their Parisian home. I can see how this forward-looking approach/ strategy naturally encourages repeat visits. Personally, while I have experienced other hotels in Paris, I feel I have found a home at Edouard VII and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Sir,

It is such a pleasure for us to read your feedback about your stay at Edouard7!!!!

We have shared all your comments with our Hotel team, everybody is so happy ! It is so important for us to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your trust to Edouard7, member of Bessé Signature Collection.

A big thank you.
With my best personal regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for four nights in October and though experienced a small problem with the room rates. It was quickly ammended and the staff was very apologetic and helpful.
The rooms are extremely clean with a very comfortable bed. The balcony I had overlooked the Opera, which was a view to die for.
The two best selling points here are:
- Location, Location, Location
- Friendly staff

Room Tip: ask for a view of the opera
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive Director at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you again for taking your time to write these comments on to us.

I am very pleased to read that your experience at Edouard7 was positive and that you enjoyed the hotel, your room and more particularly the service offered by the staff.

Thank you also for bringing to our attention your concerns you personally experienced during your last stay regarding your room rate.

We have taken into consideration your review and passed on your comments to all the staff , as our aim is to provide high standards.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Edouard7 in a near future or in one of the Bessé Signature property.

Best regards

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very well situated if it's someone's first time in Paris. Rooms are big and very comfortable, clean and soundwise there is no noise coming from outside or the inside of the hotel.
Quality breakfast that actually has a taste and staff is helpful and smiling which is rare in Parisian hotels.

A definite yes!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive Director at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments after your stay at Edouard7.

We have shared all your comments to our Hotel team because it is very important for us to receive feedback from our guests. This is the only way for us to continue our work , and see if we need to improve our quality and change anything.

Thank you for your trust to Edouard 7 , member of Bessé Signature Collection and we hope to have a new opportunity to welcoming you again in Paris, the City of Lights.

Best regards

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great location, fantastic beds and bathroom. I love breakfast and considering it cost 28 euros I was disappointed. The coffee was excellent but I would have thought that full size high quality croissants and pain au chocolat were not hard to source. Having siad that I did enjoy my breakfast and we were able to lounge around in the dining room long after breakfast had finished.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive Director at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Madam,

I acknowledge receipt of the review you have posted and first of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to pass these great comments to us.
I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
However, I was concerned to read about your disappointment regarding the breakfast you personally experienced. I would just like to reassure you that I have personally discussed your comments with the Food and Beverage manager.
We do hope that you will give us a chance to prove to you that we can do better during a next visit to¨Paris in a very near future.
Yours sincerely.
Executive director

Reviewed September 17, 2012

First time in Paris and was overwhlemed with how beautiful it was. This lovely hotel enhanced this once in a lifetime holiday by offering the best location, friendly helpful staff and great rooms. Everyone had warned me not to expect too much from Paris hotels and that they wouls be small and expensive. this was so NOT the case and we were very pleasantly suprised. We were able to walk to everywhere, and immensley enjoyed our stay ans first stop in Europe!

Room Tip: Request balcony room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelEdouard7Paris, Executive director at Hotel Edouard 7, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Sir, Madam,

I am very pleased to read that your experience at the hotel Edouard 7 was positive and that you enjoyed the hotel , its location... I was also glad to see that you liked our style and quality of service.

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write these great comments to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Edouard7 in a near future.
To the end , please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to make a booking or if you have any queries.

Yours sincerely.
Executive director

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We found the Hotel Edouard to be very conveniently located and offering excellent rooms, that were nicely decorated, perfectly clean and well maintained. You are located right in the center.
The staff was very helful and friendly in particular those from the reception. We'd go back any time

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family