“Simple but stylish”

Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees
Ranked #159 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Simple but stylish, clean, comfortable, nice location, and the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay at Marignan Paris very much. A little expensive, but yes I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel near the Champs Elysees.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Doesn't look much from the outside, but this hotel is impeccable inside, modern design decor throughout and really courteous service from all staff, day and night. Tremendous position just off the Champs Elysées, public car park (Francois 1er) 100m away (currently 39€ for 24hrs). We had a very high ceiling 1st floor room, spacious and very well equipped (expresso machine etc), no bath but huge and excellent "rain" shower and a fascinating toilet (heated seat, front and back water jets - I'll think I'll stop there...). Extraordinarily calm and quiet considering you are 50m from the Champs.
We don't really agree with the criticisms in other reviews regarding the breakfast. It may not be massive, but there is an interesting choice of 4 formulae (some with croissants, one with cheese and ham, etc) and the quality is top notch.
This was a special treat stay for us (over 300€ is not cheap) but we were very happy with the choice of hotel.
Our only criticism (and its pretty minor) is that the very sophisticated dimmer lighting systems in the bedrooms and bathrooms were unfathomable and slow to operate. Trying to switching the light on in the middle of the night to get a cold drink was just too complicated (by the way, minibar included in room price for non-alcoholic drinks).

Room Tip: We had a room looking into the inner rooftop courtyard, and it was very peaceful - although no view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lovely discreet hotel, beautiful and comfortable rooms, convenient location. But... at these prices, I really question whether the included breakfast has to be quite so ungenerous (continental breakfast is three pieces of bread, a juice and a coffee - pay a whopping 9 euros for more bread or 10 for some cheese). I was also pretty surprised to wait ages for food, or to have to remind the waiters what we had ordered several times. And to be brought the wrong thing on each morning. Design alone does not make a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dizzytraveller00
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This recently renovated hotel is centrally located so ideal for business, shopping or a romantic visit to Paris. The front office staff couldn't have been more helpful. The room was generously sized and very comfortable. Housekeeping lets the hotel down badly for those staying longer than one night. They were very slow to clean our room on days two and three and were still in the room when we returned at 5.00pm on top of this they did not clean or replenish the mini bar and we had to ask the reception desk to address this. On day three we were eft with one of their pump bottles f cleaning fluid and no bath mat on top of the unclean mini bar. For the price we paid I expected more. Despite this, it is a lovely hotel, the breakfast is good and I would definitely go back

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My fourth time in Paris, and so far the best hotel. Located close to the Champs Elyssees with great restaurants all around and great communication. Since I'm a big fan of design I really enjoyed the hotel. They have really put on effort. The staff was helpful and the hotel even had an app with great places to go to. And make sure to visit the bar!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vidamont
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First of all this hotel is gorgeous ! Really the decoration is STUNNING ! Then it's so well situated in Paris ! I liked the peace of the hotel, it's really really quiet ! THANKS GOD !
I went in the bar which is really cute !! The armchairs are like bears that's fantastic !!!
The waitress was so nice with us, the drinks were not that expensive ! She served us our drinks with a little plate of fresh fruits ! I really liked this, it's a simple and good idea to serve fruits after lunchtime ! There was another waitress , she was really professionnal too. The hotel didn't seem really busy, may be they have more clients usually !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I loved my stay at Marignan. The staff were very nice, the rooms were very well decorated and cozy. The location was perfect. It is on a small street going directly on the champs Elysees. I also downloaded their Iphone application which was a real plus for this elegant hotel. They recommended nice restaurants and their shopping selection was the best for a shopping addict like me !! I thought the facade of the hotel was stunning.
The only small comment I would say was the shower in my room that was not very warm but appart from that I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo