“Excellent location, friendly staff!”

Hotel Caumartin Opera - Astotel
Ranked #212 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent location, friendly staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is a very good place to stay in Paris. It is in a very nice and safe area, very close to all major attractions and Roissy bus which takes you from the CDG airport and back. The Roissy bus and L'Open tour bus are just around the corner. The breakfast is very good and staff is nice and friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vlad T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

It is a good hotel - good location just near galeries lafayette (5 min walk), decent service, warm staff always ready to help, no problem with english language, all taxis know the hotel location, did not use metro so do not know about that, breakfast is basic but nicely done, must say the pulpy orange juice was really nice every morning! :) Rooms are decent size for the single rooms we had taken -- infact very big for european standard, has basic TV and cupboard and table.... no kettle etc...but nice and clean...

The lift is small like most european hotels have usually...

the hotel has an open "bar" which is essentially snacks and some non-alcoholic drinks like juices, soft drinks in a mini fridge...but it is a nice touch when you come tired to the hotel, there is something available just for a quick grab!

the hop on hop off bus starts just round the corner...though I will suggest to take Foxity bus tour in Paris (they are cheaper) but all buses are similar otherwise...

Would definitely stay in this hotel again..worth the price! :)

We also stayed in Mercure Cusset Opera (just ten minutes walk from this hotel) in the same trip...very bad hotel! will never stay there again! Rude staff and not worth the price at all!!

Room Tip: all rooms are similar
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelogger_12
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked this hotel in last minutes because my favorite hotel in Zone Opera was closed due to renovation in July 2013. Room is wide enought to open 2 large suitcases and very clean. I always take Roissy bus from CDG airprt to Opera,Center of Paris. this hotel is walking distance from bus stop. so It's very easy access for air traveller. Also Hotel offer complimentary soft drink bar and snacks at the lobby. And Ms.Rosy at front desk is such a hard working and so helpful, always with nice, sweet smile! If room comes with refrigerator, my stay will be perfect because I always buy french cheese,ham and sweets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle1215
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Paris for a 2 night stay during my birthday. We arrived and I found a dozen red roses in a beautiful vase along with chocolates to my surprise. My husband had called Hotel Caumartin to ask if they could deliver flowers to the room prior to our arrival on a 25 euro budget. He had talked Laure, who emailed back and stated that she did not have anything. After a couple of days, she emailed my husband back and said she was able to find something for 25 euros. Apparently, she had gone to the florist herself and brought the flowers back. Slam dunk service! Who does this anymore? I was so impressed I had to write a stellar review.

Our room was huge! Double bed with a single next to it we used just to keep our luggage on. The bathroom was spacious however the shower would seem very cramped to someone taller than 5 ft 10? Hallways seem a bit shabby but do not be deceived. Breakfast was by far top notch for a buffet. Sausage, eggs, yogurt, fresh pastries, sausage etc. Not the most central location but a 20 euro cab ride to the train station and about a 30 min walk to the Eiffel Tower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good location especially for shoppers. The staffs are so friendly and helpful which really made our trip memorable. There is this guy called Kelvin that so good in what he is assigned which made me surprise when I found out he just joined recently. However, hope the hotel can upgrade the lift.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff was great, especially Kevin (and he just started) and we met the Manager Laure- who was very nice. This location is great in the Opera area and one block from the Open Tour/Hop-on Hop-off bus office. The room was very clean and quiet. These rooms are the typical room size for Paris - small, but who wants to be in the room when you are in Paris. You can walk to the Louvre, the Seine, transportation is close and all of Paris is at your doorstep. Very nice breakfast selection and snacks throughout the day if you were near the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was in Paris on business for 2 nights and stayed at this hotel as it was good value for money (compared to many other hotels in Paris) and was very close to our office.

I have heard that many comparative hotel rooms in Paris are very small, but I was pleasantly surprised at the size of this room. My room (room 42) was located on the 4th floor (of 5) and looked out over Rue de Caumartin. Even though it was a street-view room, the noise was minimal and didn't disturb me. You could hear some noise in the morning with vehicles going past, but no more than I'd expect.

The double bed was two single beds pushed together but I had no problem sleeping, very comfortable. The bathroom and shower were both all fine and plenty of hot water at 7am.

I didn't use the restaurant or having any meals here so I can't comment on those.

Although I chose this hotel for its location to our office, it was also well located for some main attractions in Paris. I walked to The Louvre (15 minutes) and then back along Champs Elysee to Arc de Triomphe (a little longer, but still reasonable). The second night I walked to the Eiffel Tower which did take about 30 minutes. Taxi's are easily available though. It's also very close to the Opera and the underground.

I only have a couple of comments;
A bottle of water was in the room when I arrived but was not replaced each day. It would be nice to have this replaced daily.

I returned to my room after work and a bag of rubbish from the other rooms had been left in my bathroom by the maids.

The checkout process was not very friendly. It felt like it was a big rush to get me to pay and get out of the way. I was also told the amount to pay, even though I had not seen the invoice. When I asked to see the invoice, this appeared to be an inconvenience.

I would probably stay here again, but mainly for the value and convenience to our office.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business