“Smoking Venue”

Ranked #209 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Paris, France
“Smoking Venue”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a smoking venue so if you have any concerns about living in a room that someone else smoked in, you don't want a room on the 4th or 5th floor of this hotel. The staff was nice and the location great but the smoke filled room was quite a surprize.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Actually I would rate the hotel 3,5 on the scale of 1 to 5 - mostly because of the room. All other aspects are worth giving at least 4 points. The location is great as already mentioned numerous times. The stuff is very friendly and helpful and they do try hard to make your stay good. Nice breakfast, good selection of food( not just a croissant and a jam as in many 3 star hotels in Paris), they can even make you a soft boiled egg if you do not like hard boiled eggs or make an omlette. But the room!!! Probably the twin/double rooms are better. I had a single room and have requested a quote room far away from the elevator on the time of booking. I am a light sleeper and quietness is extremely important for me.I have also sent an e-mail to the hotel asking to reconfirm that. Guess what- I got the room next to the elevator and I would hear the " do-dong" sound the elevator makes when arriving to my floor. ( not to mention I would hear people loading their luggage into the elevator, etc) The elevator itself is a bit of a trouble- it bounces once it starts moving and once it stops , which is very dangerous for the spinal cord, so I was using stairs whenever I could ( in spite of being pregnant)/ The room was small and rather basic, and the bathroom was tiny. I could not seat on the toilet straight as there was no room for the legs and had to seat across - that was awkward. Pity I do not have any pics , I did nto bring my camera with me. The bath tub glass shield was unbalanced and was constantly open so the water would come on the floor when I was taking a shower, which was very dangerous. I had to use the feet towel to wipe off the water- not hygienic at all!
Another strange thisn that keeped waking me up during the night- the buzz that would go off every 10-15 minutes. The sound was coming from the celing and did not depend on AC being turned on or off. Very annoying. I could not use the ear plugs as I head to listen to the alarm clock
The hotel is clean and safe, they do not offer any water in the room, but they offer some sofrtdrinks at the reception during the day. You can also get a cattle and an ironing board if needed. And they do have WI-FI but you have to log-in every time you start the computer( one log-in being valid for 24 hours).

The rack rate announced in the rooms is EUR232 per night- this hotel is definitely not work such a price. I paid EUR105 per night, but I feel it should be around EUR 70-75.

For 105 euro a night I would expect at least a mini-bar and some complimentary water in the room( and a decent bathroom). They do have air-con in summer( but you can not control direction of the airflow)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back year ( but not the one ajacent to the elevator)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Moscow
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I did not expect much from a 3-star hotel in Paris. However, I was pleasantly surprised. It is located very conveniently, just 5 min walk from Vandome sq or Opera. The entrance is very modest, but the reception area is quite well appointed. The check in was very smooth and fast.
The room is not large, of course, but of very reasonable size, I can estimate is as 15 sq m. The bedding is of the highest quality you can expect from the tourist class property. There is a desk and a safe, LCD TV with a number of international channels.

The bathroom is quite large and doesn't leave to desire anything more. The towels are in good conditions and being changed daily regardless where you leave them. The hotel provides shampoo/bath gel.

A kettle and tea cups are provided on request, just ask the receptionist.

Wifi is very steady and fast, no problems at all and it's free. The only thing I didn't like is that they use 24hr authorization tickets to log in.

Breakfast is ok. Good coffe by hotel standards, fresh fruits, juices, cereals, omelette, eggs, sausages, yogurts, ham. It would be unfair to expect more from a 3-star hotel.

In general, I am very happy with the hotel and can say it is very good value for money.

What I didn't like:
after 3 days of stay they stopped giving the shampoo (complaining to the reception helped)
the maid entered the room with don't disturb sign while I had my breakfast
sometimes my bathroom filled with a cigarette smoke (I guess from the room downstairs)
the staff on the reception is polite but absolutely useless if you ask them anything like where to eat nearby or railway timetable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike-of-MOW
Calgary,Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Just arrived from Paris. The hotel is very clean. The staff is friendly and kind. Shops are all around the hotel. Galerie Lafayette and Printamps are 2 minutes walking from the hotel.
The room has a window but no view. Room has a room overlooked to the wall.
If I ever come back to Paris, I'll book this hotel again, but will ask for the room with a better view.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

i was informed, beside 5stars luxury hotel dont hope too much for hotel in Paris, so i dont expecting any , but soon after shocking small or i can say petitet entrance way to this hotel, i feel warmth atmosphere, dont look like hotel for sure, mostly u cant expect more than what u pay, and that facts make me surprized, i got lot more that i pay, nice clean room, i highly recommend this hotel. great value of money, great service, great atmosphere and very amazing location

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank m41210sg
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Clean, tiny rooms, nice bathroom, good location, but towels/sheets not changed entire stay (7 days.) Purposely marked towels and placed on bathroom floor in a pile. When we returned, same obviously dirty towels were folded and placed back on shelf. *YUCK!* Asked and got clean ones, no problem. Has in-room safe. Room mix-up on arrival: gave us key for a rm w/people sleeping inside - huge fail. Musty odor - bring your own spray - had to open window which amplified noise from machines in cleaners next door and brought in humidity. But aside from this, hotel was OK. Not cheap but not expensive. Staff was great; most spoke enough english. Close to shops & transportation. Bus to airport 3 blocks away. They have bkfst in a room off the lobby, but try the fabulous little patisserie across street & down the block where the locals eat. Walking distance to Louvre, L'Opera, Musee de Orsay (across the river), beginning of the Champs Elysees, etc.
Daylight lasts much later into the evening than in the U.S. in the spring/summer, so probably will just use this as a place to crash after a long day. And for that purpose, overall, it's not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SeasonedTraveller516
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed March 28, 2012

It is a 3 stars hotel with a 5 stars service, special Thanks to the professional Manager Ms.Laure Meunier , she made us with her team a pleasent stay.

I visited many 5 stars in Paris and 3 stars but what I can say if you are looking for a spirit to serve just book your stay at Hotel Caumartin. the location is very good very near to shooping area and Roissy bus station . there is many hotels in same street but you will never find this true hospitality.

you will be welcomed with warm greetings with a smile once you make your check in, Breakfast is nice , the F&B staff are very welcoming as well.

this kind of Staff makes the difference and they know how to make you happy and whenever I will come to Paris I will go to hotel Caumartin because of The Team and their professional manager.

I have never seen this spirit to serve in 3 stars hotel in Paris.I have stayed 3 times at hotel in the same street and everytime I ask for late Check out just till 2 pm ,they never accept whenever I book they ask for credit card , Rooms were not clean.

it is an ideal hotel for a guest who want clean room nice breakfast , LCD screen with a good variety of channels.

This review is for a Hotelier who Travel more than 4 times per year in diffrent cities in Europe in addition to my Job as Director of Sales & Marketing in a multinational Hotels Chaine.

if this hotel was just ok I would never waist my time to write the review

Room Tip: High floors are for smokers
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family