WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Can they rename this the Motel 3?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acacias Hotel De Ville

We can't find prices for this hotel
Acacias Hotel De Ville
Ranked #1,699 of 1,816 Hotels in Paris
Omaha, Nebraska
“Can they rename this the Motel 3?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Horrible hotel. Rooms were clean but everything was so old (hadnt been touched since the 70's) that it just looked awful. No AC so if your going in the summer, prepare to be hot. Bars across the street are loud so dont count on sleeping with the windows open. The only thing it has going for them is the great location. Close to everything. Luckily we had no intention of spending any time in the room and we got a very low rate, so didnt have high expectations. I did however pay for the place twice. Booked online. After it told me they charged my card. Got to the hotel and they had no booking. They promised they never pre-charged a card. Got us in and we paid cash at check out.......only to get home and find they had charged my card. Still under dispute!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank bhutchison_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here summer of 2011 during a jaunt to Paris during one of my annual trips to visit my wife, who lives in Bulgaria.
I'll be honest, I was nervous when I booked this hotel. We were on a budget, and I couldn't find a lot of info on this hotel (didn't know about TA back then). Plus, almost all the other hotels on our budget in the entire Paris area was pretty much booked, so I was forced to go through a travel agent. Well, you know, I was mistaken. While it wasn't the best place I've ever stayed, it was still pretty pleasant. The room was nice for what we paid for it, and actually pretty rustic; the exposed wooden beams were a nice touch (that's not sarcasm, it was very tasteful). The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom had a nice big tub (I like big bathtubs haha) and was very clean. The carpet was showing its age, but that was the only thing about the room that wasn't too appealing.
Now, the one thing I wasn't a big fan of in this hotel was that it's right across the street from a nightclub, and neither the windows nor the walls were very good barriers for the sound or lights. It was bumping until at least 2:00 AM which, after a full day of walking around the city, can be very frustrating. We had to check out the morning before our flight was to leave (in the afternoon), and they offered to store our luggage for us until we had to go to the airport, so I liked that (we never book rooms unless they have the option for luggage storage).

All in all, it served the purpose we needed it for more than adequately. Good area, good atmosphere, friendly staff, and comfortable, clean rooms. Satisfied customer here, I'd have no problems staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kyle_mohr
Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stayed here with my family for 3 days. Overall, the hotel was average; it was safe and clean but small and a bit cramped, though you can't really expect more from a European hotel in general, especially in Paris where things have to be small to fit. We were generally only in the room for sleeping and for that reason it wasn't any problem. There wasn't a lift, and the windy and worn stairs made it difficult to carry all our bags up after being exhausted from our trip. The staff was generally nice and accomadable. A lot of the staff didn't speak much English beyond the basics; I was able to translate for my family but for those that don't speak French, it could be a possible problem.
The location was fantastic, it was in the heart of the Marais, a 3 minute walk to the Hotel de Ville metro station, the Hotel de Ville area, le Centre Pompidou, and very close to the Notre Dame and la Seine. It was certainly a fun area to be in, and there were shops and restaurants all around. It did get loud at night, especially with the gay bar right across the street, but as the Marais area can be known for its nightlife it was expected. It was a pretty safe area and a great area to explore the places around.
Though it was a tad overpriced for what you get, it provides you with the basics for sleeping and showering, all you really need when you want to spend the rest of your time exploring the city. Overall, it was definitely worth it for the perfect location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 679Courtney_11
Pelham, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Acacias on every trip to Paris over the past many years. The staff is uniformly hospitable. Some of the rooms are smaller than others, but the front desk is happy to accommodate a request for a different room. They also do their best to reserve a room that meets your requirements (such as overlooking the street; or the inside court; or plenty of light), provided you make your reservation well enough in advance.

We have never eaten breakfast at the hotel's modest dining room -- there is an abundance of sidewalk cafes within a block of the hotel. The greatest downside is the lack of airconditioning in summer (although a fan is provided, and most of the rooms are well ventilated) and an elevator! But space permitting, the front desk will allow you to temporarily store your bags near the dining area. The hotel is clean and well-maintained, and it is easy to overlook some of the cosmetic drawbacks in light of the superb location at this price ... walking distance to major attractions and shopping, and a very convenient access to the Metro.

Room Tip: The nicest room is one overlooking the street, one flight up from the reception area.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank PJS7777
Riverside, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

If you can manage, avoid this place. I read previous bad reviews, but had no choice but to stay there since I booked last minute. The bed is extremely uncomfortable, the room/hotel smell of cigarette smoke, the staff barely speak English, despite the advertised free wifi, it only works in the lobby, and the lobby "closes" at midnight.
But WORST OF ALL: my debit card and iPhone headphones disappeared during my stay there. Someone used my debit card to charge US$2000 at a men's clothing store. :(

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Babina

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Genk, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Fantastic location - 100M to Metro and parking. Super friendly staff. Rooms were large by Paris standard. We stayed in a triple. The shower was very small and the bedding was old. The rooms were dated, but at least the sheets were clean. We had a room on the street and the neighbor hood has several bars and restaurants that did not disturb us. Good value for the money!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Innsbruck
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

The small hotel is located right between Notre Dame and Centre Pompidou. It´s simple and with old furnishing - but it´s clean and located so perfectly for any sightseeing and going out at night - it´s worth the money (though prices are generally high in that area). Price for double: € 108.- not cheap, but regarding overall prices in Pairs it´s OK.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo