Hotel 29 Lepic
$279
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsmoulin rougesacre coeursingle roomlots of restaurantsaround the cornerexcellent locationgood sizesmall bathroomwe've stayedfriendly hotelbreakfast roomwonderful hoteleiffel towerblancheabbessesstreetmetro
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have traveled to Paris, France 10 times since 1989. I have stayed all over the City of Lights and my stay at Hotel 29 Lepic certainly was a positive experience. This was not a "Fast Track" visit to see the most visited attractions of Paris. It is certainly an eye opening to read all the reviews by those who have recently stayed in Hotel 29 Lepic. The Lobby area was going under some minor renovation but it did NOT affect my stay of 20 nights. If you have difficulty in walking up a minor grade to your Hotel from Metro Station Blanche, just take your time as many of the restaurants and shops are open quite late. Most impressive is the welcome I and my 23 year old granddaughter received upon arrival, and every night when we returned from our adventures and extensive Paris visit. Our room was on the 2nd floor and every night the outside activities and street noise was always acceptable. Room size was outstanding along with the Bath Room. Plenty of Hot water for a shower or bath. The Breakfast was certainly over priced, but each room comes with a mini-ref where one can keep items for an inexpensive Breakfast. Crepes are to be found @ the many mini-restaurants located on street where the Hotel is located @ 3 EU's. Only one minor inconvenience was ever had during our extensive stay. On only one day did we ever have any issue and that was no Internet signal and no Hot Water. A Call was made to the front Desk and within 30 minutes all was "Well". There are many, many places to dine and purchase wonderful desserts literally beside the Hotel. The internet signal was very strong and I often would go down to the small Lobby which is being enlarged to provide my grand daughter some quiet time with out the TV being a disturbance and use the internet. No AC was needed and I did not see any AC even available for a summer visit. The walk to Montmarte is not for the faint hearted but @ age 70 I was able to manage 3 different climbs. The Moulin Rounge is only a short distance from the Hotel. If you want to watch TV, there are 4 English speaking channels. The Hotel staff was very attentive to our needs for towels, etc. The location of this Hotel is very safe but as always in any major city one must be attentive to pick pockets,etc.

Room Tip: Room 14 and 16 are on the 2nd floor and were of nice size for a Paris Hotel. The Hotel is located on a one way street and parking could be a problem for those renting an automobile.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BlackHawks1960
Antoine F, Responsable relations clients at Hotel 29 Lepic, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear BlackHawks1960,

Thank you for all details you mentionned in your review; see you next summer!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were not notified until we arrived that the hotel was undergoing renovations. We were very unhappy to be woken early every morning to builders using power tools on the balcony outside our room. All of the front reception and bar area was being renovated.
Complimentary breakfast or a discounted rate would have been appreciated but the front reception staff could not care less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed here a few times but the hotel has new management and has been totally refurbished. The rooms look excellent and come with all mod cons that you don't usually find in hotels in old buildings such as this one.

The staff were insanely helpful while I was there. The neighborhood where its located has really changed for the better in the last few years, now there are many more quality places to eat, different boutiques and always great transport options.

More content than ever compared to previous stays (2002, 2005, 2010).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Rick G

Thank you for your review; see you soon

Reviewed September 24, 2012

After reading the reviews Lepic 29 seemed like a good option, people do warn you about the small rooms which usually isn’t my number one concern but I was still surprised by how small the bathroom was which made having a shower a challenge. The walls were paper thin and could you could hear everything happening in the other rooms. The WiFi didn’t reach us on level three so I had to go to the ground floor and sit near reception to use it. The blanket also had a big yellow stain on it, not sure how anyone could miss it when cleaning the room but they did change it straight away when we notified reception. The best part of the hotel was its location, right in the heart of Montmartre with lots of restaurants and bakery’s close by and just a short walk to the metro.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review; hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights at beginning of September. We were looking for cheap and cheerful as our currency doesn't go far. My expectations were not big as I knew the rooms would be small and I was looking for location and cleanliness. I was very satisfied. The hotel is in a fantastic area with the metros close by and I loved the village vibe with the pavement cafes and little shops. Very colourful, busy area and can be noisy, but I enjoyed the energy. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a superier double room which I was glad about and would recommend it as it allows more space. We did not include breakfast as there are numerous little places to eat close by. Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Go for the superier double room and try for a room with a balcony if you aren't worried about noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple