“Good, small hotel!!”
Review of Aston Hotel Paris

Aston Hotel Paris
Ranked #1,408 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Aston hotel is a small hotel, the location is perfect.
Near the metrostation and bars, restaurants...
People who worked there are very friendly.
The rooms are a little small, and also the bed.
Breakfast is good!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The good points of the hotel are that it is on a quiet street, but right off a main street with a convenient metro stop just a couple of minutes away. The neighborhood is fine - there is a seemingly nice Holiday Inn just around the corner.The staff was lovely and helpful. The bed was comfortable.

I had a single room. The room was small, but I didn't expect anything else. It was clean and kept clean, but it was a question of WHAT was clean. The carpet did have some stains. The bathroom light fixture was cracked and had mismatched bulbs. The towel rack in the bathroom was broken. Also, for what was offered, 12 Euros for the breakfast seemed high (though it seems that this is the going rate in Paris these days...)

I can't say I had a bad stay at all. However it seemed to me that with just a small investment, the hotel could be a real "find" in a very expensive city, rather than just a so-so place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Aston for just a couple of nights. The hotel was very hard to find as the access had been recently closed for cars and it has not been updated in the hotels sites. Very bad overlook that cost us quite a lot of time trying to understand what were we doing wrong, circling around a few single sense blocks.

Our room, extremely small but very much like French standards in that sense, was lenient. Yes, the floors had a quite perceptible angle. The bathroom, also extremely small had a marble skin completely broken in chunks. The bath door did not close (probably because of the floor angle) so we either had to stick a towel underneath or have the floor just flood.

A peculiar crew gathers outside the hotel at night. The hotel attendant told us the guys were selling drugs and nothing would happen to us if we just let them do their business. Some people may not feel safe in such conditions. I believe that, because of this, the hotel is still overpriced, despite its nice location.

I would recommend the hotel if all you're looking for is location. Otherwise, just keep looking!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria M
Yossi M, Owner at Aston Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hello,

I am apologize about your review.

The hotel is located on a private street which is equipped by interne cameras ( around 10 cameras) in order to avoid any problem.

The hotel located in the heart of the city in a very touristic area ( hard rock café, wax luseam and department stores are nearby)

There was never been drug dealers in front of the hotel- i am sorry but we cannot guarantee governmental and constitutional laws which forbid us react in a discriminative ways, moreover when its located 300 meters from the hotel.

About the room size- all our rooms are suitable for 2 persons.
The hotel classified by Atout france as 3 star hotel and expect all restrictions regarding services providing.

Regards

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The room was old,but clean .There are a bath tub, which I requested when I booked.
So, I ‘m satisfied with this room.

and also , staff was very helpful.
l asked to arrange hop on bus tour,crazy horse show,and airport bus. He even called when the airport bus arrived.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank 19,740,825
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here for two nights , it was our first visit to paris. There were pros & cons to the hotel.

Pros

Goodish location, it was a short walk away from the Louvre, about 15-20 minutes on foot which was okay for us as we like walking. If you wanted to be next to the Eiffel Tower / Arc De Triumphe these locations are further away...

The room & bathroom was reasonably clean. The walls/carpet could do with a wipe down & more thorough clean.

The reception staff were friendly & helpful. They organised a taxi to the airport when we left which was a set price of 36 Euros which we paid to the hotel which was not bad as we paid 20 Euros for a bus when we arrived in Paris.

There room had a balcony style window which was nice as it was airy & made the room less confined.

Cons:

Very expensive & overpriced for what it was. Breakfast was not included in the price either so we went out for breakfast.Paris is a very expensive city & I guess you get what you pay for.But we still thought their prices were too high for what they offer...

The bathroom was cramped & tiny & it was difficult to manoeuvre around it! The walls in the rooms are paper thin & you can hear people talking from the other rooms.

The hotel is down a narrow alley & may be difficult to locate, but we found it okay.

Overall the hotel was okay but was a bit overpriced for what it was. It we visit Paris again in the future we would try & book a better deal & something nearer to the Louvre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tippy B
Reviewed September 9, 2013

arrived mid morning but our room wasn't free so we went for lunch

when we returned at 4 we were offered a superior room which was actually on the ground floor looking directly on to the street with no nets or frosting

when we complained we were told there was only one now left, no double bed although the room was so small the single beds were touching

it was very shabby and worn, very out of date and not particularly clean... the bathroom tiling was very mouldy

this was a birthday treat but spoilt a little but a very sub standard room

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yossi M, Manager at Aston Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Neil,

thank you again for staying at the aston Hotel.
Our staff are doing everything in order to satisfy our clients .
i regret to know that you have passed non satisfairy journey.

the room on the main floor are actually new room which have been constructed in the recent year, all equippemnts are new including the A/C.
This room are considered superior room, are much more comfortable with better quality of equippments such as 4 stars standards.
this room is suitable for handicape and well much bigger than 3 stars room size standard.

sometimes clients have the expectations to get rooms with city view in upper floors , i recommend you in advance to make a request for special needs for any future reservations.

Regards,

MR MAMAN
OWNER

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at the Aston hotel located in the Grand Boulevard which is located a few minutes walk from
the metro. Lots of restaurants and bars and tourist attractions nearby. Rooms was clean but very very tiny we found and bathroom door didnt fully open as the bed is that close to the door you have to position yourself to get in.. same with the corridors as they weren't very wide at all and I'm a tiny person so larger guests please be aware as I struggled especially making your way down into the basement where the breakfast is served. Breakfast is sufficient with choices of pastries - cheese / ham - fresh bread and cereals with choices of juice and tea & coffee which I found was just right to set me off for the day! I found the major let down for this lovely little hotel was Reception staff as they incorrectly Informed me of travelling time to Euro Disney and told me it would be approx 3 hours where they recommend their driver for a cost of 170€ please note this took me and my daughter 40 minutes on the metro which for those travelling is
Grand Boulevard line 8 to Opera then overland train line Rer A which cost 13€ return. I feel they strongly try and con you to use their Chauffeur services as when I required for a taxi back to Gare La Nord train station for my Eurostar they said 18€ when I actually grabbed a cab outside that cost me €6 so please be aware!
Other then that this hotel is lovely and at very good value!

• Stayed: August 2013