Aston Hotel Paris
  • Fitness center
$1,653
$1,182
  • Pool
All reviewsbath showerthree starenjoyed my staycharming hotelrooms are cleansmall balconybuffet breakfastbooked this hoteloperametrolouvrecomfortsupermarketeurope
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here a few nights ago, and it was a horrible experience. Sure the location was good and the room was acceptable, but the service was terrible! I checked with the staff when i checked in if breakfast was included. He said yes it is, and breakfast is served downstairs from 7-10am. Breakfast was just some bread and butter. When we checked out, the staff wanted to charge us 48euros for 2 days of breakfast for 2 pax! I told the manager that his staff told me it was included and without checking, he said that "No he did not say that". I kept repeating that it was what he told me and my husband heard the same and he just said it's not possible and I have to pay the amount. It was really frustrating as it wasnt a matter of paying the money but that he kept insisting that his staff did not say the wrong thing and just insisted that I was at fault. Will never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Yossi M, Owner at Aston Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

As a hotel manager i am always concern about our clients satisfaction.

To be honest, i am suprised getting this review despite the fact that this conflict was resolved at the time of check out, when you have noticed that breakfast is not included in the room price.

However, this review is not providing any reasoning by the fact that in western world breakfast is never sold out with the initial room price. Again, as i have said at the time of your check out, English is used at the hotel for information and is not first language. the communication transmitted might be understood differently. (Opening hours of breakfast room does not mean that breakfast included)

Again , to make this point clear, breakfast is not include in the price. at the time when you have made the reservation you got the option to add breakfast in your reservation. moreover, when arrival - all information was transmitted you verbaly , directory next to the bed is at your disposal during all your journey and internal television channel is available 24/24 hours. at all of those channels, breakfast price is indicated and inform that is a supplementary service.

I suggest you again to confirm every time by written what service is included in each reservation you make.
However, you didn't mention at all our efforts to make your departure pleasent as much as we can. you forgot mention that a phone call to the person check you in has been made up to your request and also that in finally the breakfast was offered free of charge - no pay !

take into account all of those elements, a note of "terrible service" is unjustified and unfair for 2 nights stayed at Aston hotel. A service which was given finally free of charge.

Regards,

Mr MAMAN - Owner.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Paris was very heavily booked and we took the Aston on the strength of availability and previous reviews. It didn´t let us down. Sure its small and the lift may be miniscule but the staff were very helpful and the position of the hotel is first rate. Right at the end of the Cite Bergere is the famous Chartier restaurant (worth the wait) and the Follies Bergere (a big let down) is right around the corner. You can walk to half of the best tourist destinations and for those you can´t there are two very handy Metro stops.

Room Tip: I doubt there´s a bad room and all are small but quite stylish. Tip. A low room avoids any need for the tiny lift.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Charming hotel just off a lively street. There are lots of good restaurants and bars within a minute's walk. The hotel is along an alleyway so it is very quiet in the evening. Metro (Grands Boulevard) is only 2 minutes walk away from the hotel. Rooms and lift are very small but I understand this is to be expected in Paris. Hotel is clean and staff are very friendly. Would recommend as a good base for exploring Paris. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we wanted to make the most of a few days in the city but would not have hesitated in doing so.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We booked this hotel based on the comments other visitors to this hotel made, everyone has their opinion, this is mine.

First the entrance to the Cite Bergere was dirty and littered with rubbish, it also seemed to be a meeting place for the homeless. The are a few hotels in this short side street and there was a lot of building work going on, there were lots of skips, holes in the road and many obstacles to get past.

The hotel Aston is at the bottom of this short road and looked ok, inside there is a very small reception, consisting of a desk, 4 chairs two small tables, no lounge area, nowhere to sit and enjoy a drink or read the paper.

The lift holds app. 2 people, or one person and a suitcase, the corridor, once out of the lift is app. 2' 6" wide very claustrophobic, the room was small, a bed, two side tables, a dressing table which edged side on to a very small wardrobe. The tiny bathroom was through a grey formica clad door, a small bath with a shower which I had to crouch under, there is no room to dry yourself in the bathroom and it had a peculiar odour.

My husband asked if there were any larger rooms, he was told no, all rooms in Paris are small but the receptionist did say he had smaller rooms available. I cannot believe how this hotel got three stars, it has no facilities just bedrooms and a basement for breakfast.

All the staff we met were polite and helpful.

The basement breakfast area was nicely done with the room they had, it must have been the cellar. Breakfast was cold continental but fresh with juices and choice of tea or coffee, fresh bread and croissants.

The area had a choice of bars and cafes all within walking distance.

I have stayed in many European city hotels, this is the worst I have been in, we visited the Louvre, Eiffel tower, Notre Dame, Champes Elysses and the Arc de Triomphe and the many beautiful buildings in Paris but I was so glad to get home after three nights at the Hotel Aston.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leslibee
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I've just returned from a single weekend night at the Aston Hotel, chosen based on the reviews here and the hotel's location in the heart of the city. My room (415) cost me just 80 euros per night, when booked on Booking.com, which is exceptional value for this city. For that price, I didn't really expect much. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms may be small, but they are clean, cleverly arranged and pretty. I'd hazard that anyone visiting Paris and spending too much time in their hotel room is clearly not taking advantage of everything this beautiful city has to offer. There's not a lot of insulation between rooms (I could clearly hear the girls laughing in the next room before dinner) so if you're a terribly light sleeper, this coujld be an issue. I slept like a baby after walking the streets of Paris all day. You might, too. The hotel's facade is charming and the location down a pretty side street, while hard to find the first time, will make you feel like you're truly in the heart of Paris. Hotel Aston is within 15 minutes walking distance of Galeries LaFayette and about 30 minutes from Notre Dame. You're surrounded by numerous options for lunch and dinner. I was visiting French friends and we shared a wonderful dinner at Chez Jeanette in the 10th Arrondisement. The restaurant is a bit of a hot spot, so would definitely recommend a reservation should you decide to partake.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo