“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Timhotel Opera Madeleine
Ranked #1,020 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I was travelling alone and stayed at this hotel for four nights. I would recommend this hotel for couples and travelling solo as the rooms are quite small, especially bathrooms. In saying that, the staff here are very friendly and are willing to help with directions and offer advice on places to eat etc. Staff speak English, so there were no issues during check in for me!
The hotel is at a great location close to the train station and just a walking distance from central paris and the louvre.
Breakfast is continental serving fresh varieties of breads ad freshly squeezed juice. All in all, a good stay for a three star!

OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments either on the staff than on the location.

Indeed, we have worked a lot on the quality and variety of products for breakfast and I am delighted that you have enjoyed.

Waiting to welcomes you again
Best regards

Hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The planning for everything in this hotel is rather tiny - the entrance, elevator, reception etc., but not "too small," I found them sufficient and efficient considering the fact it is located in a great location like this. The bedroom was small as well, but enough to fit two suitcases and it came with a handy closet.
I have to say I loved the breakfast. It might be nothing special to European standards, but the variety of bread and tea provided were satisfying and a great start of the day. You can also enjoy a Parisian morning view from the windows. Definitely not a 5-star hotel, but provides great value for those who need a clean comfortable place to stay with a descent accessibility.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yuria H
OPMParis, Responsable relations clients at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Customers,

Thank you for the time spent to give us your opinion.

The best reward for the whole team to know that you had a good time in Paris and your stay in our hotel has been satisfactory and leave with a good souvenirs

Hoping to welcome you again,
Alba Farrero/ Directrice adjointe
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Timhotel between 9th and 11th October.

The hotel is well situated for shopping and sightseeing in Paris. The Champs Elysess and Arch d' Triomphe were easily walkable. There are a lot of restaurants close by. Plenty of choice.

We were pleasantly surprised by the service and our room - looking at some of the other Trip Advisor reports.

Booking in was straight forward, the receptionist being multi lingual. We had a room on the 7th floor. We booked a standard room but were surprised to find that we were given a deluxe room. Good sized room, tea and coffee, cleaned very well on a daily basis.

Tried Mollards resaurant on the first night, which was one of the restaurants recommended by the hotel. The restaurant was very good.

Would recommend. Only downside, there is no bar at the hotel, although soft drinks and snacks are available from a vending machine.

Room Tip: Any room ending in 12, eg 712. These are at the back of the hotel away from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Burt_Thatcherher
OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your comments witch are very pleasant to read.

I'm really happy that your stay in our hotel have help you to appreciate Paris.

Hoping to welcome you again lor shower your next trip to Paris.

Best regards

Melbourne Vic
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and could hardly wait to leave. The room was very small, although I have since found out that this is normal for a Paris hotel. We had to keep one case in front of the door as there wasnt enough floor space. We could barley fit the 2 of us in the bathroom at one time. There was no fridge and only paper cups for coffee. We found the staff in the Hotel to be unhelpful. As it was our first time in Paris we were a bit overwhelmed and needed to ask for help from the staff. They were not very forthcoming with information and one of them didnt even know what the hop on hop off bus was let alone where the stops were. There was a sitting room to the left of the Reception desk that had some brocures but we were not directed to any of these until we stumbled across them on our last morning. The only good thing about this Hotel is that it was close to St Lazare station. Would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MillieMelbourneVic
Dear Madam,

I deeply sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.

As Tripadvisor reviews are by definition anonymous , unfortunately I am not able to answer you with sufficient precision .

Regarding the size of the rooms, we have indeed smaller than some other categories, the largest being the Superior . I do not know many luggage you had but all rooms offer enough space to feet at least one suitcase per person. We also have a safety luggage room available to store unnecessary baggage during the stay .

I apologize for the unprofessional behavior you met witch is unusual. Our staff spends a lot of time to provide touristic informations about Paris, that is a part of there job. It is true that on some peak hours , we try not to let wait customers for ther chek in or check out.

Regarding tourist information, we try to use less paper and brochures and that is why we provide a interactive kiosk in front of the reception repeating that highlights restaurants, various sites but also plans to reach them, weather and at lot other informations.

Thanking you for staying at Timhotel,

Sincerely yours

Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The location is great, just opposite the saint lazare metro and train station. Walking distance from Roissy bus stop at Opera too, so no need to take cab or metro from CDG airport. Galeries Lafayette is only 2 minutes walking distance. Also surrounded by many (pricey) cafes. But there is a monoprix mini mart nearby to buy some water or snacks.

The room is pretty small, just fit for 2 person. Once we open the luggage, there's no more space to walk. The bathroom also small but very clean. Since we only stay in the room for sleeping so it's no problem for us. If you want a slightly bigger room, better upgrade it for only 20 euro per night.

Their elevator is very tiny too and sometimes it took forever to come. This hotel is not suitable for family with kids and stroller.

The staff is friendly and able to speak english very well.

If you want to save budget on the hotel, this hotel definitely is a good option.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vinatania
OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, I will transfer it to our team.

The elevator is in fact the main weak point of the hotel. We study the posibility to create a second to reduce the waiting time.

Waiting to welcome you again.
sincerely

Klang, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Chose this hotel for the convenience of location, but turned out to be a nightmare! Firstly, my partner and I were appalled by the design of the space within the hotel - we entered and were greeted by a huge stairway that leads to the reception. Lugging big bags, we looked for an elevator- and to our horror, we found the tiniest elevator we had ever encountered, it could barely fit the two of us and our bags (and we are considerably small-sized Asians). It is also by -far the most unfriendly elevators I have ever seen, you will need to insert an access-card for it to move. Just as my friend was exiting with her bags from the lift, she experienced the most embarassing fall, having her heel caught at the door, flying frward, bags and all- and thankfully landing on her knees (and not on her face). The staff at the counter were hopelessly unhelpful. I was left gaping at her fall as I could not leave the elevator on time- the space to exit fits just one human! To top that off, as my partner rubbed at her swollen, bruised knees (and ego) I attempted to check in- we had booked a month in advance and having arrived at about 1 pm, we would have expected to have had the room ready, but much to our dismay, the staff at the reception were fumbling trying to recover our records. And we had more guests turning up to check-in, having to wait, sitting there in a very small area, sighing, panting and almost fuming in despair at the lack of efficiency.
When they finally had our room sorted out, no staff bothered to explain how we were supposed to use the access card to be able to press any button on the lift. So there we were in the tiny elevator again unable to press the floor (4), and fortunately for us, there was another guest who patiently explained it to us. The alleys heading to the rooms are also incredibly narrow. Be warned. And what takes the cake would have to be the shower. I was left speechless as I walked into the bathroom- it is by far the tiniest shower stall I have ever seen in my life- and the person who designed the doors- he must be awarded with a special medal- there are two glass doors, one you will have to close inwards, the other outwards. Both can cause serious injuries- one hits against the showerhead, one bangs unto the toilet bowl. It is so small, you couldn't even bend- and God save you should you drop the soap (again, the tiniest I have ever seen).
Rude, rude staff who seemed bent on punishing us- when I needed a toothbrush, we were given some telling-off, before one was reluctantly handed over to us. To make things even worse, we were deprived from sleep throughout the nights as there was constant loud drilling outside- thanks to repair works being carried out.
Location wise, I have no complaints as it is just a 10-minute walk away from Printemps, La Fayette and most eateries. Paul, where you find the best croissants, is just five minutes away, so that's a plus too. Then there is the Triadou Hassmann Cafe, situated right down the road, that serves an elegant French breakfast, complete with its ambience and summery warmth.
Didn't bother to do any breakfasts within the hotel- overpriced, I think. One of the staff, Ciana, is worth mentioning as she is a pleasantly helpful person- who took time explaining routes and spots to visit.
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, unfortunately as to me- the experience was not something I would ever wish for anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vijaya_Sooria
OPMParis, Gérant at Timhotel Opera Madeleine, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Madam,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry that our services were not up to your expectations.

It is true that the elevator is not very big but it is officially classified for 5 people.

The size of the rooms is indeed not the first quality of the Parisian hotels. Our property in a building dating from the 19th century and some rooms are smaller than other effect. For your information, we have superior rooms more spacious and we should propose it upon arrival.

Please accept again my apologies for wearing a shadow to your stay in Paris,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wonderful balance of comfort and location. Extremely clean and spacious room and bathroom. Able to accommodate a bike case without problems. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Breakfast well stocked and serviced.

Room Tip: Street facing room a bit noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Madam/Sir

Thank you very much for having shared your experience at Timhotel Opera Madeleine.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your comments are our best reward.

I wish to congratulate you for braving the traffic of Paris with your bike!

Waiting to welcome you again,

Best regards,