“Perfect for my short business trip”

Hotel Mayfair Paris
Ranked #497 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night for work. Staff were friendly and helpful and my room was large and clean with lots of toiletries provided.
Didn't have breakfast so cannot comment on that. The location of the hotel was great. Only a short taxi ride from Gare du Nord when I arrived and a metro stop a couple of minutes walk away.
My only criticism is the €10 charge for wifi. When so many hotels provide free wifi as standard these days this always frustrates me.
Overall though, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a business or personal trip.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank AmyBalham

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights. It was the perfect base to explore Paris and most places were easily done by foot. The room itself (Deluxe room w. Balcony) was spacious and had all amenities we needed. The beds were comfortable and the room was lovely and quiet and dark with the curtains closed. I prefer a smaller quieter hotel that the large and busy (and often pompous). If you are showy, stay at The Westin next door, but I would choose the Mayfair anytime.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank scanm
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last week. The prices were fair and the accomodations were acceptable. The hotel is located near the Tuilleries and very convenient to most attractions in Paris. The hotel staff is fairly helpful but do not rely on them for food and sightseeing suggestions. The rooms are small like most rooms in Paris but the bathrooms are updated and nice. The breakfast was included in our package and was not great (but you do get coffee). The television in our room did not work well and the hotel was not good about allowing us to check in before 3 p.m., which can be a problem depending on travel schedules. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something in the $250 U.S. price range.

If the hotel staff suggests you got to Angelina while you wait for your room to be readied, do not go. Totel tourist trap and not worth the $.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ValuedUSReviewer
Reviewed September 6, 2012

stayed for 3 nights. requested 2 connecting rooms with 2 twins in each room. Booked in May and stayed end of August. when we got there, not only did we not have connecting rooms or at least near each other but we were given rooms on 2 seperate floors. When we complained, they said they would upgrade one room to a king bed and we would be on the same floor. We took it since we wanted to be on the same floor as the kids. When we checked out we relized the upgrade cost us $50 Euro extra per night. They screw up and we pay for it. At least here in the US when it is their mistake, you receive a free upgrade. Otherwise, the rooms were very clean not too small aand teh beds were extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: Please read the fine print when accepting an upgrade since you will be charged
2  Thank smartchoice123
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Mayfair hotel in Paris. The rooms are perfectly outfitted and charming. Fabulous bathroom! Breakfast was included in my package (rate went down a week before and I changed my reservation!) and was superb. Two thumbs up to this fabulous hotel and it's location! It was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Carole B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights with two double rooms that were inter connected for 2 adults and 2 children. Rooms were big with excellent bathrooms. Lots of space to relax after a hard days sight seeing. Good location close to Metro and the Louvre which was handy as we went to Parc Asterix for the day and the bus leaves from the Louvre. Never had breakfast in the hotel as at 15 euros per person it was much cheaper to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 14 and 15. Room 15 looks on the courtyard at the back and is much quieter. Ask fo...
1  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My daughter and I selected this hotel after reading only 4 & 5 star reviews on another website. The location is very good--near to the Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, Champs Elysees, Opera, designer shopping and tourist traps, and a number of outdoor cafes. The hotel was clean and everyone who worked there was polite and helped out. Our room was in the back or side of the hotel and we couldn't see anything except an enclosed shoot. Our room included the "buffet" breakfast, which is normally 25 euro. It was not worth it-it certainly was not a buffet. Just bread, 3 types of cold meat & cheese, cucumber and tomato, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, juice and coffee. I think you could ask for an omelet, but they didn't make it easy. We didn't even waste our time the last two mornings. While air conditioned, the room was very hot and stuffy-we had the air set to 10C and could not get the room very cool. The shower and sink plugged up and we had to wash our legs separately after standing in a tub of water that came up about mid calf. One night I washed some socks and left them on a table lying on a towel when we went out the next morning; when we came back to our room, the towel has been removed from under the socks. Again, great location but I doubt that I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and functioning A/C
1  Thank KatieKDetroit