Following a Valentine's Day wedding, I surprised my wife with a honeymoon trip to Paris last month. Thankfully, the weather held out and we had warm and sunny days for the majority of the trip.
Thanks to the many positive TA reviews I chose the Plaza Tour. We couldn't have been happier with the experience, excellent staff and accommodations, and a fantastic location for site seeing. Some of the staff were particularly helpful pointing out the nearness of a grocery store (at the Place de Mexico, great for simple gifts, wine, and foodstuffs) and other nearby shopping venues.
A short and pleasurable walk to the Trocadero, metro, and Eiffel make the hotel great for those visiting Paris for the first time. We upgraded to the deluxe room and it was spacious by European standards. Modern fixtures, comfortable bedding, and HVAC made the stay extremely cozy.
Couple of things to note which may be helpful:
- The first bottle of water in the room is complimentary, after that it's a charge.
- As previously noted, a grocery store is only a block or so away. Skip the expensive water, bar, and room service (sorry, it IS a hotel after all) and pick up necessities at the store. There's a Paul's bakery in the shopping area along with a good liquor store.
- Dining recommendations at the front desk were okay, the Italian restaurant they recommended was quite good. It's Paris, search and you will find the most wonderful food.
- The restaurants at the Trocodero are hit and miss but the Cafe Kleber was open later on weekends and quite good (your milage may vary, of course).
- If booking through one of the major sites, skip the Bus Rouge. It isn't overly useful and the Metro is so close to the hotel there's no excuse not to rely on it.
- Get Rick Steven's 2009 Paris Travel Guide before you book. If I had thought that part through I would have saved a little cash and time.
- Like most hotels, the front desk can schedule a taxi for your departure and the group at the Plaza made sure it was on time and not overly costly.
All around, a wonderful time in Paris and an exceptional hotel. We will be staying there on our next trip and have been recommending the hotel to everyone we know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadero, this Boutique Hotel is situated in a very upscale residential area in the heart of the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It enjoys a highly attractive setting with a walking distance of the capitals monuments, restaurant and stores.Entirely renovated, the hotel combines contemporary decor with an elegant atmosphere devoted to your well-being.This 4 stars Boutique Hotel has 41 rooms and Suites, a Fitness room, a Free Wifi Internet access, American Buffet Breakfast, a room service and a nice Lounge Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plaza Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Tour Eiffel Paris