“Amazing romantic vacation - this hotel made all the difference”
Review of Plaza Tour Eiffel

Plaza Tour Eiffel
Ranked #428 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 24, 2008

My travel agent suggested this property as I specified I wanted to be close to the Eiffel Tower, and this hotel in an exclusive residential area really fit the bill! The rooms were clean, the bathroom immaculate and the breakfast is well worth it. We arrived on May 11, 2008 and stayed 5 nights in a Deluxe Room. The area was very quiet in the evenings, which made it perfect for our early morning tours. We were within a 10-15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, and a 20 minute walk to the Arch de Triumph and Champs Elysees, so our location was ideal for us. Also, the Metro Station, Trocadero, specifically lines 6 and 9, were perfect when we wanted to go into other sections of Paris and see the touristy sights, then come back to our cozy room and relax at night. There is a perfect cafe just a few steps away from the metro - Cafe du Trocadero. You can have an excellent meal in the evenings, and from their outdoor tables you have a clear view of the Eiffel Tower lit up in the evenings and you can stay as long as you like - the waiters don't rush you out. We ate there twice and both times enjoyed watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle like a Christmas tree in the late hours. The front desk staff at the hotel are extremely pleasant and helpful. The fitness room is available throughout the day and is well equipped in my opinion as well as well maintained. Also, there is water available there and we helped ourselves to refilling our water bottles just before leaving on our scheduled day trips or sightseeing. For breakfast, there is a hot buffet available and it is refreshed regularly up until about 20 minutes before closing. There is also an excellent selection of juices, pastries and cereals as well as yogurt and fresh fruit, so every appetite is taken care of. The breakfast staff will provide coffee, tea or hot cocoa and the breakfast room is very clean and the table linens and assorted pictures of the Eiffel Tower bring elegance to the overall room design. The deluxe room is a good size and typical of European hotels. There are no drawers, but they do offer several shelves and when we requested more hangers for our clothes the front desk staff responded politely and promptly. Our hairdryer was not working in the room, and a replacement hair dryer was brought to us within minutes! I simply cannot complain about this hotel. They even offer room service late into the evening. The prices are consistent with local restaurants in the area, so if you have sticker shock over the Euro, I suggest that you budget accordingly and accept the fact that it will take nearly two US dollars for every Euro you spend. As far as this hotel is concerned, I would definitely recommend it to other guests. In fact, when we stayed it was quite crowded with guests, both American and European. It seems to be a well kept secret for great Parisian hotels, and I can see why. My husband and I loved Paris, and plan to stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BVThomps

Reviewed May 11, 2008

> Hotel staff were eager to please
> Rooms have been recently refurbished in a contemporary style and are very clean. Like most Paris rooms they are not large
> Hotel and street are quite
> Beds and linens are very comfortable

All and all this hotel is a great place to stay during a weekend trip to Paris.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank warproder
Reviewed April 28, 2008

My wife and I and our 7 year old grandson just returned from a trip to Paris, and we stayed at this excellent hotel. It is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in, with a very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank Batter22
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I stayed here one night during a business trip. Plaza Tour Eiffel is around 5 minutes' walk from Trocadero Metro station, down a quiet street - not a picturesque street, but not a bad one, and when you leave the hotel and walk down that street to see a view of the Eiffel Tower across the Seine, through the Trocadero - it's not bad.

The hotel itself is excellent - newly refurbished, with modern, understated yet sophisticated decor and excellent detail. eg. as you walk out of the lift, motion sensors outside switch on subtle lighting for the floor, including spots that illuminate the room numbers on each door. A small detail, but it's like this throughout.

The room was not huge, but the most was made of the space; a cleverly located narrow floor-to-ceiling mirror in the corner made it feel larger. Everything was clean, and the flat-screen TV was great, with a range of French and international channels.

The service was friendly. It's a small hotel, with 4-5 small rooms per floor, and one member of staff on duty during the day. I didn't try the breakfast. WiFi is free, with a free login slip from reception; the internet connection was pretty slow (probably a domestic broadband link), and I had to quit my firewall when connecting, as it blocked the login screen.

The room is a bit small for the desk, seat, and bed to fit together - I was slightly cramped at the desk. Also, Trocadero is a bit of a journey from most things, if you're there on business, so this wouldn't be my first choice for a business trip, although it's nice to get away from the bustle for a bit.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank damoske
Reviewed April 16, 2008

We stayed here for 3 days with our 8 year old daughter. I am the fussiest hotel stayer in the world and this hotel exceeded all my expectations for the centre of Paris.

The hotel in all areas was very very clean. The room was excellent with a small but perfect bathroom. The view from the window was of a small quaint paris street. The breakfast was super.

For me what set this hotel apart from the usual very expensive 5 star all singing all dancing hotels was the staff. They could not have been friendlier or more helpful. NOTHING was too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family