Hotel Trianon Rive Gauche
Agoda.com
$715
$679
  • Restaurant
All reviewsluxembourg gardenslatin quarternotre damegreat locationluxembourg stationla sorbonnesorbonne universityst micheltriple roomrive gaucherer bfront desk stafftwo blockswithin walking distancearound the cornerwell located hotelshort walk
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very nice hotel and great staff. Stayed on the 5th floor, room had everything I needed, a small fridge, Ironing board, iron, safe, hair dryer, coffee/tea maker, radiator for me to control the temp of the room, great windows (with view of Eiffel Tower if I looked left) will post pics soon. I had everything within walking distance. Front desk and employees were all very nice, quick to want to help you and everyone I spoke to spoke some English and were patient enough to teach me the correct way to say things in French. Room always kept clean and towels ready. I had an amazing time there and will be going back hopefully this summer. I would like for them to update their room service menus, I know I like to eat hot food and there was none on menu, no bar, and a few days they forgot to stock up on my coffee items, but all was quickly brought when I asked. Great Stay, Great Locale, Great Staff!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 508, have no issues nor complaints. Great lil room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HotelTrianonRG, Manager at Hotel Trianon Rive Gauche, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear francesx728,
Many thanks for your amazing review! It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you indeed for the wonderful feedback regarding our facilities and particularly our staff, which is really appreciated; I’ll make sure this is passed on to them.
My apologies for the missing coffee items; we are mindful of minimising any disruption for our guests and I’ll follow this up with my team to make sure this is being closely monitored.
Regarding room service, I am so pleased to inform you that within a fortnight we'll be able to offer hot room service meals! Our bar is currently closed for refurbishment; in the meanwhile, we are happy to serve drinks in the lobby or room service.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay to Paris in the near future.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel and the room I had on the 7th floor was fine - the room was just warm enough - only a small part of the radiator was hot. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The sitting area of the lobby was very comfortable and internet was available. Free wifi in the rooms. What a pity no bar and no restaurant. However the area is a big plus - short walking distance to the beautiful Jardin du Luxembourg and also 15 minutes walk to Notre Dame. Breakfast was fine, although coffee and fruit juice from machines. All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank readytogoSwitzerland

Dear readytogoSwitzerland,
Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am pleased to see you enjoyed the time you spent with us and liked the lobby. I'm delighted to inform you we do have a bar, which is currently under embellishment and should be reopened soon. In the meanwhile, we are happy to serve drinks in the lobby or room service.
We look forward to welcoming you again should your future travels bring you back to Paris, easy to reach from Switzerland!
Warm regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I had one of the worst experience in this hotel one week ago. The manager simply said you can leave because I refused to stay in a freezing room, in a cold room with an old window which was impossible to be closed and then in a small room at 6 floor with elevator till 5 and in which the heater came after one freezing night. Also the carpets and towels have suspected colors and spots. The women manager and the staff is the worst example of rudness, talking about superior freezing rooms. There are many fine hotels around, with good rooms. Please avoid his hotel, because the location is not everything, and there are toomany rude people who are leaving only because it is Paris.

1  Thank Iceausu

Dear Iceausu,
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate you sharing your observations. I am naturally disappointed and concerned that your interactions with our staff lacked warmth and sincerity and appreciate this would certainly not have created a positive experience for you. This falls far short of our goal to provide authentic hospitality to our guests, and is therefore something I will discuss further with my management team. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting you and sharing the opportunity to discuss the issues directly with you.
My thanks again for taking the time to let me have your feedback.
I hope that you may still consider staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to Paris.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Clean hotel with an exceptionally helpful and friendly staff, all of whom speak English fluently - some also speak Spanish and/or Portuguese.

Walking distance to the #10 metro and the RER B line to Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport. Also quite easy to nab cabs within 100 feet of the front door.

For tourists, it's close to Notre Dame and a lively dining district that exists along the walk from the hotel to the cathedral. It's a 15-20 minute walk or a short cab ride to the Louvre and the Centre Georges Pompidou.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (which are the minority of rooms) have a view of the backs of buildings, or of city rooftops if you're on the 6th floor and above. In-room breakfast is cheaper and just as good as the buffet, unless you really need your cold-cuts of ham and salami
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear imatt03,
This is a very nice review, thank you! I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay, and particularly the excellent comments regarding our staff and level of service encountered.
I hope it won’t be too long before you return to spend some more time with us.
Have a lovely day!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights and we were not disappointed. The RER train at the airport took us close to the hotel so we were able to walk from the Metro. Our room was ready early which is a bonus as we expected to have to leave our luggage at reception. The front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to numerous restaurants and the Sorbonne Metro stop. Yes the elevator is small but it holds 4 people so it held the 2 of us and our 2 suitcases. We were on the 1st floor which we also liked as we could just use the stairs. The room was small but it had a desk and a chair and we each had a bed. The closet was a walk-in closet which gave us enough space to store our luggage and I didn't find the bathroom small at all. And, I loved the fact that the window opened. We were there at the end of October and the heat was on but didn't need to be. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. I hope the front desk staff enjoyed the Canadian cookies that I left them.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bishop401

Dear Bishop401,
Wow! What a great review! And so many thanks for the cookies: my colleagues at the front desk shared with me!
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us towards the end of october, I really appreciate you taking the time to let know. Good to know that you would also choose to stay with us again and I hope it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back.
Kind regards,