“For Paris very nice Hotel”
Review of Hotel Berne Opera

Hotel Berne Opera
Ranked #329 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Frankfurt, Germany
“For Paris very nice Hotel”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Hotel is exactly looking like on the pictures. The location of the hotel is very good. On one hand you have the metro very near and within 6 stops you are on Champs Elysee. Also within 30 minutes’ walk your reach Montmartre. Near to the hotel are plenty of shops, restaurants and bakeries. The hotel in it salve is very nice if you compare other hotels in Paris for a similar price. What I liked a lot that it had free W-Lan. Also the rooms were furnished quite modern and it was quite clean. What was a bit negative that for my taste it was not very warm in the room. Especially the bathroom was very cold. What was wondering me was that the bathroom had a heating and I turned it on maximum the heating was very hot but the room was cold. I guess the isolation is not very good. Additional you can hear your neighbor very well this is also indication that because of the age of the building it is not well isolated. Never the less for the price I think it was a good hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Marabou676

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jersey
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked this hotel following reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor and was not disappointed. The hotel is conveniently placed 20 yards from a Metro station and within easy walking distance of many restaurants and bars. The staff are very friendly, speak good english and can't do enough to help.

Highly recommended for a stress free short stay.....the rooms are smallish but very clean and comfortable and the hotel represents good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I visited Paris from October 19 till 26 2013, the reception room was under renovation but it no way this affected our stay, the staff was friendly, they always helped us and recommended the places to visit, i mean it was perfect. The rooms were very clean and cozy, supermarkets are close and the metro station was close like 2 minutes walk and the best metro line we could connect to all the important places via this line. We had our graduation so the hotel gave us a champagne!!!!! wow!!!! i mean we got surprised!! generous, friendly, clean and close to everything. Karima she is really one of the nicest woman we met in Paris. As for the breakfast it was perfect, good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 13 it's big and has two big windows this is were my parents stayed, room 63 was a bit small...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ramzi C
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights earlier this month.The room and bathroom were clean and modern.Location in a typical Parisian area with a local market on Saturday and a small supermarket nearby.Metro station Rome was only a few yards away so it was ideal for reaching other areas. The facilities exceeded 3 star and the staff were very friendly and helpful,speaking very good English. I would definitly stay there again.We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as we prefer to go out for coffee and croissants locally.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank lesley w
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here 21/10/13-25/10/13, during which time I hung up my North Face jacket in the closet, forgot it (dummy that I am), and realized my mistake as soon as I returned home. I called and emailed six times in all, and the response I got (if I got one at all) was unhelpful and rude, claiming that they couldn't find it and they would not help me any further. I have no doubt that someone on the staff is not telling the truth and in fact has my coat. My experience with the rest of the French wasn't much better, but for people working in customer service, the employees at Hotel de Berne failed abysmally. I plan on never going back to Paris, but if I end up there, I know I will never stay at Hotel de Berne.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SMaggie78
DIR-HTL-BERNE-OPERA, Manager at Hotel Berne Opera, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Maggie,

I am very surprised by your first review on tripadvisor as it sounds like a revenge. When you called and sent email (which is said that you " believe" you left your jacket in the cupboard) , we immediately checked in the room and there was nothing in the cupboard. Our roommaids have a very strict process concerning the left items in the rooms and we never had any complain about it as when we found a lost item, it is immediately registred. When the guest called to get the items return, we ask for a credit card number to charge the post mail. So there is no reason for us to not telling the truth. But it is always easy to get the hotel staff responsible for anything. I hope anyway you will come back to France to discover our so nice country.

Best regards,
Florence Gallois, Manager
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A great room, a great breakfast, a great location, reliable wifi, and Karima is one of the sweetest women I've ever met. What's not to like? For me, the only room for improvement would have been a full sized bed and a twin bed instead of three twin beds; and the temperature, but there's little you can do about the temperature in Paris in June/July! The next time I'm in Paris, I will definitely stay at the HBO again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Berne Opera for 4 nights. Stayed in Room 55 which was ample for myself, my wife and our 13-year old daughter. The beds were very comfortable and the en-suite was spotless. Enjoyed the typically Parisian view from our room - could see the Eiffel Tower! As regards being near Gare St Lazare, we could hear the trains at night, but it didn't really disturb our sleep. The reception staff were very courteous, friendly and helpful. There was a great choice at breakfast, and we were well looked after by a lovely lady called Fatima who complimented us on our pretty awful attempts at speaking French! Our flight home was later in the day, and the hotel was more than happy to keep our luggage in a safe room for us. Would certainly go back. Lovely stay!

Room Tip: Our room (55) more than adequate for a couple and a teenager.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family