“Fabulous experience”

Melia Vendome - Paris
Ranked #362 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I just came back from Paris, France where we stayed for 4 days. The city was spectacular and we had an absolutely wonderful time. We both fell in love with Paris. We stayed at the Melia Vendome which was in a great location. It was conveniently near the metro and in the midst of all these great boutiques and shops. The hotel itself was very clean and well maintained. We were especially impressed with the staff who were always pleasant and eager to assist us in any way they could. Ivan and Thomas at the front desk were just wonderful. There is no question that for our next trip to Paris we will be staying at the Melia Vendome.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Ana M
MHI F, General Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Ana M,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time in let us know your opinion about our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our situation in the heart of Paris, in a walking distance for the main highlights in the city, and also a very good shopping area.
It is also a pleasure to hear that you appreciated our staff. In Melia Hotels International we work hard every day in order to achieve our client’s satisfaction.
You can be sure we will share your comments with all the staff.

Looking forward to welcoming back you soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

A second stay a year later. The staff has changed somewhat at this hotel.there is a big issue with communications during this visit. An extended stay involved 4 mistaken wakeup calls, 2 during my first nite which made for a horrible day to follow. Another nite at 4:30 in the morning a furious knock on the door for an awaiting taxi which I did not order. Later again, a morning with NO WATER at all in this 4* hotel. Add to this the spotty WiFi(I actually had to go into the hallway to download a document!)leads me to conclude that this is NOT a hotel for Business travelers. So many mistakes and interruptions that made my stay quite uncomfortable at times. I think the staff is well intentioned but they
need to be retrained to understand English better. If you speak French or Spanish its fine as this is a Spanish chain but these issues compounded my decision to not return in the future. You just expect better service for the price and location.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank clcny1
MHI F, General Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear clcny1,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to let us know your opinion about our Melia Vendome.

I am sorry to learn of the inconveniences you have had during your last stay with us.
I would like to apologize for the unfortunate wakeup calls you received.
Please know that this is not a normal situation for us and I will personally look into the matter in order to check what was the problem.

Regarding the water issue, I would like to let you know that it was a situation created by the City hall, which was not in our control.
We understand that this was an uncomfortable situation for you, but please keep in mind that this has been an exceptional situation that doesn’t occur on a regular basis.

As per our Wifi connection, we would like to inform you that we have a Business center available for our clients in case they need to download bigger documents.

We really hope you will give us a second opportunity to improve your image of our Melia Vendome.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a very good hotel indeed. The position is perfect for anyone wanting easy access to all the central Paris sights - two minutes from three Metro stations. Easy walking distance of the Louvre and the Grand Palais.

Very good booking system; delightful room with extremely comfortable bed. Reception staff very friendly and efficient (except see below).

The breakfast is over-priced and not a patch on that at the Melia White House in London (or at hotels of similar quality elsewhere).

Downside. The staff are young and helpful - so long as your request comes within their training. They have no authority to do anything. We had a query over our bill - and they simply parroted that it was a problem for US and not for the Melia! For an international hotel in Paris, their language skills were insufficient to deal with anything but routine reception and greeting. To my surprise, the General Manager was not available on the holiday Monday. Nor has she replied to our e-mails. I cannot imagine a similar quality hotel leaving a bill issue to junior staff to cope with.

Upside - the young man Antoine on reception is a jewel. He should go far in the hospitality industry.

3  Thank spaddockuk

Dear spaddockuk,

We appreciate that you have taken your time to write your opinion on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed the comfort of our rooms. The location, as you have mentioned, is perfect if you want to visit Paris’s main sights, such as the Louvre, Champs Elysée, etc.

Unfortunately I am not able to be at the hotel seven days a week but there will always be a manager on duty who would be glad to be of assistance. I sincerely apologize if you haven’t received an immediate reply to your email, please know that I’ll always reply as soon as possible being it my upmost priority to achieve the complete satisfaction of all our guests from the beginning of their stay until the moment that they leave.

It is great to hear that the staff at the reception have been friendly and efficient, and I will personally congratulate them on their excellent service.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you once more at the Melia Vendome Hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Melia Vendome and loved its location! It is totally unexpected to walk a couple of blocks and see the Eiffel Tower! Close to the Louvre, place 'de la Concorde, Champs Elyssee, and the Tour Eiffel!!
Friendly service!
It is worth it to upgrade to the premium room better view and larger room!
You won't be disappointed!! I wasn't!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Betty M
MHI F, General Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Betty M,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to write a commentary about our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our client’s opinions are very important to us.

We are glad that you could profit from our privileged location on the very heart of Paris, having the main references of the “City of Light” at a walking distance from the hotel.

All the members of our team give their best everyday to provide our guests an unfogettable experience in the Melia Vendome.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and went out of town and came back to Paris 1 night before we took a flight back home. Hotel is located in Vendome area and there are many brand name shops nearby, but quite quiet on Sunday. Not many restaurant/bistro nearby. (But still, you can find good eating places) So, the area is quiet peaceful. Service from staff are excellent, from front desk to cleaning service. Some rooms are small but understandable for hotel in good location in big city. We like the hotel and would not hesitate to come back to this hotel in our next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Pear T
MHI F, General Manager at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Pear T

Thank you for taking you time to write your opinion on Tripadvisor.

As you have mentioned the Melia Vendome is an ideal place to come for shopping since we are situated next to the Rue Saint-Honoré which has plenty of high fashion boutiques.

We are happy to know that you have appreciated the service provided to you by our staff. At Melia we have a passion for service and our goal is that all our guests feel at home.

We will be glad to welcome you back on your next visit to Paris.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Having travelled to Paris more times than I can count you would have thought I'd have found my "perfect" hotel years ago but I hadn't...until now! The Meliá Vendôme is located on rue Cambon, just down the same street Coco Chanel had her apt & atelier. If Chanel products interest you, this is THE place to stay as every Chanel item can be purchased within arm's length of the hotel. If Longchamp is more to your liking, their flagship boutique is located right around the corner on rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore. In fact the best of French fashion...Hermès silk scarf anyone? ...can be found within a stone's throw of the Meliá. If art interests you more, fear not! Not only is the Louvre an easy 10 minute walk from the hotel but also the Musée d'Orsay, Musée de l'Orangerie & the Jeu de Paume. For one with a sweet tooth, delicate macarons filled with the season's finest fruits can be found just steps from the hotel at Pierre Hermé. Or walk to the boulangerie Gosselin not far in the opposite direction. Finally, to go further afield you simply walk to the end of rue Cambon to catch the Metro at Place de la Concorde, the largest square in Paris where the guillotine once stood.
The Meliá Vendôme, a boutique hotel, is part of a chain of Spanish hotels run by a young & vibrant multilingual staff. From the front desk you might be greeted by shy Antoine or Alice or Rocio whose smile never seems to leave her face. They are professional, warm & welcoming, acknowledging you with a smile every time you walk past their desk. Isn't that nice? You bet! Out of sight but acutely aware of the goings-on of the hotel are the reservations manager Matilde & Patricia, who helped make my accommodations extra special & comfortable for my 10 day stay & for which I publically thank. Supporting staff at the desk were Hadg, Pierre & Nairranain who quickly come to help with luggage or packages, help with a taxi, & are frequently the 1st to welcome you as you enter the Meliá. The hotel makes EVERYONE feel welcome & appreciated I've observed.
My large room was beautifully appointed with sound-proof windows & heavy curtains drawn at night ensuring a restful sleep. Chocolates on my pillow...such a nice touch! Plenty of closet space, free reliable wi-fi, safe, robes & slippers, plus luggage rack, & desk meant I could spread out & make myself to home. The bathroom was modern, impeccably clean, the shower never ran out of hot water, complimentary toiletries were high quality & the towels fluffy.
I looked forward to starting my day with their bountiful breakfast served in a bright & airy street corner room that seemed to cater to every nationality with their selection. From eggs made to order by a lovely lady who, again, always welcomed me with a smile, to the variety of thinly sliced hams & Spanish meats, fresh fruit cup & juices, an assortment of cheeses appealingly displayed under glass, yoghurts, cereals, & assortment of breads for toasting, croissants, pain au chocolat, & sweet breads, there was something for everyone to enjoy. A minor disappointment for me was the croissants & pain au chocolat whose taste seemed "industrial." In a city that prides itself on these French specialities & tourists search out I hope the Meliá will address & rectify this weakness.
I was touched that Guiorgui, a lovely server (& proud new father) placed a "reserved" sign on my favorite table one morning after the previous morning someone ELSE was sitting in MY chair! Attentive friendly service by the many staff deserves to be recognized. It certainly was appreciated by me & my daughter who frequently joined me for breakfast. And, if you wanted to eat & read in peace, the local & international papers could be gotten from a table next to the front desk. Mine was delivered to my door by a secret staff member many mornings...how thoughtful he was! Thank you!
A company is doing something right when you see the same staff from one visit to the next as I've noticed having stayed at the Meliá the 1st time last August. Dramatic fresh floral arrangements on tables are sprinkled throughout the reception areas, tables & overstuffed cozy chairs entice you to rest your weary feet after a day of sightseeing & shopping, the bar is another place to meet up with friends or relax, & on top of it all, the best part is the staff who will try their hardest by their friendliness & sincere desire to help to make your trip to Paris the most memorable & enjoyable. Come see for yourself why the Meliá Vendôme is worthy of your stay! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank FezoRN
MHI F, Director General at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear FezoRN,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write your opinion on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you have had such a splendid time.
As you have mentioned the situation of the hotel Melia Vendome is ideal for anyone who is interested in high fashion, art or culinary since everything is at walking distance.

One of our aims at Melia is that our guests feel like being at their home away from home. We will always give a personal treatment and make sure you are as comfortable as possible.

Please know that I have shared your opinion to all our staff and have personally congratulated them for their excellent service.

We will all be ready to welcome you back for your next visit to Paris.

General Manager,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went to Paris last week and stayed in this hotel which has the perfect location if you want to walk everywhere in Paris, metro stations really close as well, close to the best of Paris including luxurios stores, cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: We are a family of 3, and our room offered a bed-sofa which was perfect for the little one.