“Engagement stay in Paris”

Melia Vendome - Paris
Ranked #367 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife (just girlfriend at the time) found and booked the hotel for us to visit Paris in October 2001. Had a beautiful time - travelled across on Eurostar, and it was tee shirt weather in Paris even in October. The hotel is very well situated for a base to visit Paris, being just a short walk to the tuileries. I popped the question at the top of the Eiffel Tower!

The hotel was very nice, comfortable and spacious room. The staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. Sadly, I planned a visit back to Paris and the same hotel a year later, but some twit (me) booked non refundable ticlets for economy but lost my passport the night before travelling!!! You live and learn.

If/when we return to Paris we will be sure to come back here again. Please note that travel was October 2001 not 2012!

We didn't make use of the restaurant or pool, so could not make a comment, but we had a great breakfast in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
guestexperienceparis, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

We hope to see you soon on your next stay at Paris. Please be sure that we will do our best to offer you a very pleasant stay at Meliá Vendôme.

Best regards,

Guest Experience Meliá Hotels France

Reviewed April 9, 2013

What a great location..... we came to Paris for 4 days one of your friends was running the paris marathon.... but the rest were on a shopping marathon!!!! Right in the middle of all the designer shops was this great boutique hotel. its also very easy to reach, the louve, champs elyees and other main attractions.

Checked in and straight to our rooms to unpack, then off to the first ever Chanel boutique.
Staff very friendly and we had a corner room which had plenty of french windows to open this made the room very light, a menu of pillows are available and they supplied all amenties in the bathroom incase you had forgotten anything.

I know where my next stay in paris will be................. cant wait

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend for 3 nights. The hotel is ideally situated on a relatively quiet street in the centre of Paris. We had a room at the back of the hotel which was very comfortable and quiet so we got a great nights sleep. The front of house staff were really friendly and helpful and we had a lovely stay. The only issue I had was that we couldn't get the air conditioning to work, but as it was warm, we just opened the windows. To be fair to the hotel we didn't mention this, but if we did I am sure they would have put it right as the were so helpful. There were a couple of nice restaurants very close by we went to, Chez Flotte (about £30-40 per head for two courses and half litre carafe of wine) and my person favourite, L'Ardoise at 36 Euros per head for a 3 course dinner. Food was delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms high up at the back are very quiet if you want a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
guestexperienceparis, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank for sharing with us your experience on trip advisor.

We are delighted to see that you really enjoy your stay with us.

We hope to see you in Paris , specially in your home, the Melia Vendôme.

Kind regards,

Guest Experience Meliá Hotels International France

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We chose the Melia Vendome for a short week end in Paris thanks to its location and to a special promotion. We were not disappointed about that. It is Located at short distance from the main interest points and at the heart of the best shopping. The property is being renovated but works were going on in the lobby during out stay and there Was dust everywhere. The rooms have bene already redecorated. Nevertheless they show lack of attention to details. We would go back should we find an interesting rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luxuryhotelsdreamer
MHIFRANCE, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear LucaConcierge,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We value guest comments and were glad to hear that you found our location to be so excellent. As you pointed out our hotel is on works and I am pleased to confirm that they will be finished this weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Spent three nights at the Melia Vendome while on a business trip and really liked this hotel. The staff was very courteous and pleasant, and the hotel itself very inviting. My room was well-appointed, very clean and had all the amenities necessary. This hotel is also conveniently located near the Tuileries and the Place de la Concorde as well as to a handful of nice restaurants. I will stay there again on my next trip to Paris. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sydney82

Dear Sidney 82,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for your high esteem of our hotel location, room facilities as well as amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Meliá Vendôme.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotels in this location are not cheap. This one was in the middle of the range and offered pretty good value for a Paris hotel in this aread. For USD 300 per night my room was pretty good size and generally fresh and clean. The street outside my window on the first floor was fairly quiet and I was able to sleep soundly. The staff was generally friendly and I was pleasantly surprised to have access to my room when I arrived at 10am. The common area with a bar is nice and the breakfast had no complaints. The key feature of the hotel is the location and most tourist attractions are within 1 hour walking distance. It is easy to reach CDG aiport by taking the train from Le Chatelet. Will i come back? Maybe although I think I will keep searching for THE hotel in other central locations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit, I was delighted that you
enjoyed your stay and found the location suitable for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was not my first time in Paris and I prefer to be always close to the Tulleries gardens and the Champs Elysées. This hotel is almost facing the Tulleries gardens. I found a very nice (and overcrowded) restaurant - Chez Flotte - that is very close to the hotel, at the same street. I've got a standard room, but next time I'll prefer a room with some view. The standards have view to the walls an other windows. I really don't like it, but I've paid for it...
The breakfast was fine, eggs at your order, juices, cereals, cheeses and cold cuts, with wonderful croissants.
The ladies at the reception were very helpful, giving us many tips about restaurants in the neighborhood.
Also, they have a bar where I could drink my last glass of (national !) wine, before sleeping.
Probably I'll return to Melia Vendôme, but certainly with a better room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anapin
MHIFRANCE, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Hotel. I would like also to thank you for your nice observations about our breakfast and specially about our reception staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future.

King regards,