“Location is its best assett”

Melia Vendome - Paris
Ranked #357 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We chose the Melia Vendome for a short week end in Paris thanks to its location and to a special promotion. We were not disappointed about that. It is Located at short distance from the main interest points and at the heart of the best shopping. The property is being renovated but works were going on in the lobby during out stay and there Was dust everywhere. The rooms have bene already redecorated. Nevertheless they show lack of attention to details. We would go back should we find an interesting rate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luxuryhotelsdreamer
MHIFRANCE, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear LucaConcierge,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We value guest comments and were glad to hear that you found our location to be so excellent. As you pointed out our hotel is on works and I am pleased to confirm that they will be finished this weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Melia Vendome - Paris

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Spent three nights at the Melia Vendome while on a business trip and really liked this hotel. The staff was very courteous and pleasant, and the hotel itself very inviting. My room was well-appointed, very clean and had all the amenities necessary. This hotel is also conveniently located near the Tuileries and the Place de la Concorde as well as to a handful of nice restaurants. I will stay there again on my next trip to Paris. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sydney82

Dear Sidney 82,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for your high esteem of our hotel location, room facilities as well as amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Meliá Vendôme.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The hotels in this location are not cheap. This one was in the middle of the range and offered pretty good value for a Paris hotel in this aread. For USD 300 per night my room was pretty good size and generally fresh and clean. The street outside my window on the first floor was fairly quiet and I was able to sleep soundly. The staff was generally friendly and I was pleasantly surprised to have access to my room when I arrived at 10am. The common area with a bar is nice and the breakfast had no complaints. The key feature of the hotel is the location and most tourist attractions are within 1 hour walking distance. It is easy to reach CDG aiport by taking the train from Le Chatelet. Will i come back? Maybe although I think I will keep searching for THE hotel in other central locations.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit, I was delighted that you
enjoyed your stay and found the location suitable for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was not my first time in Paris and I prefer to be always close to the Tulleries gardens and the Champs Elysées. This hotel is almost facing the Tulleries gardens. I found a very nice (and overcrowded) restaurant - Chez Flotte - that is very close to the hotel, at the same street. I've got a standard room, but next time I'll prefer a room with some view. The standards have view to the walls an other windows. I really don't like it, but I've paid for it...
The breakfast was fine, eggs at your order, juices, cereals, cheeses and cold cuts, with wonderful croissants.
The ladies at the reception were very helpful, giving us many tips about restaurants in the neighborhood.
Also, they have a bar where I could drink my last glass of (national !) wine, before sleeping.
Probably I'll return to Melia Vendôme, but certainly with a better room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank anapin
MHIFRANCE, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Hotel. I would like also to thank you for your nice observations about our breakfast and specially about our reception staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many occasions in the future.

King regards,

Meliá Hotels International

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for almost 2 weeks, lovely rooms and nice staff. Part of a luxury Spanish chain of hotels. Only issue is the quartier for food. If you would like something a little lighter and less expensive you do have to travel up to the ave de l'opera or further, most establishments nearby, although good, require reservations and that's not too convenient after a days work. Housekeeping is a little scattered but upon requesting forgotten items, they did provide. Great location for quick jaunts to museums and other sites. They also have a massive breakfast bar, one of the biggest I've seen in Paris.

1  Thank clcny1

Dear Guest,

We are delighted with your words and with the fact that we could cause this good impression to you.

We see that you enjoyed the excellent location of our hotel. In fact, the Meliá Vendôme is very well located in one of the most privileged distrits of Paris. We also note that our breakfast offert gave you a total satisfaction. Once again thank you for your nice comments.

We really hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in our hotel.

Meliá Hotels Internatio

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

for a 400 € room, between midnight and 2am, extreme noise because of staff taking care of laundry! that's what told when complaining
requested a two bed rooms, iritially got a king size they pretended to cut
no air conditioning: almost 30 celsius inside

2  Thank fabiomara
MHIFRANCE, Guest experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Meliá Vendôme and for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I am really sorry to see of the inconvenience you have experienced. Please rest assured that your comments have been already shared with the team and we will do our utmost to ensure that our service and approach is consistently professional, yet friendly and oriented to our guests' needs. Please acept our apologies.

Meliá hotels International

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I payed for one week. Me and my family, 6 people totally. Now i've been here for two days and i couln't be able to take a shower!!! The hotel has not hot water since friday!!! Today is sunday night!!! The crew just say " i'm sorry" and suggest to change the hotel... How this big brand can treat tour guests like that????? It's a shame!

5  Thank Onsp
MHIFRANCE, Guest Experience France at Melia Vendome - Paris, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to our tecnical problem.This involuntary incidence arrives on week end and our tecnical department was not able to fix it as soon as we would have liked. Please believe that we are always working for your entire satisfaction and we hope this incidence not influence your futures reservations in our hotel chain.

Guest Experience Meliá Hotels France