“Elysses Ceramic Hotel Paris”

Elysees Ceramic Hotel
Ranked #455 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We visited Paris from 9.7.2012 to 12.7.2012 and made the best decision of all to stay at this Hotel. Mr Reda was absolutely first class in helping my very ill wife to get to our room and bed and then showing me a local pharmacy. Later I needed to call a Doctor to the hotel which was done without fuss by a very lovely lady whose name I am sorry I have forgotten but she was a great help. We struggled with the Metro finding it confusing and very hard to understand so we gave up and ordered taxis instead.All the Hotel staff were wonderful , the location very central , the room was quite spacious for Paris , clean , tidy and the environs respectful of others needs and wants. It was quiet because we asked for a room facing the courtyard and given my wife was so ill exactly what was needed. A lot of our Paris plans were ruined because of my wife's sickness but the care and concern offered by all staff at the hotel meant we were able to at least do the major things we had hoped to do albeit under some physical duress on our behalf.Paris has lots of wonderful things to offer but is not always an easy place to negotiate if you do not speak fluent French. We struggled in that regard out on the street but with the help of the Ceramic Hotel staff what could have been a disaster for us was saved by this Hotel. If we had been anywhere else I think Paris would have been a big disappointment.

The breakfasts were fantastic and the bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked fine.

Its a pity the poor weather and my wife's sickness made it a very tough stay in Paris.

Ken & Jean McAvoy

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors and looking out on the courtyard suits older couples looking for peace an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Read a lot of reviews before deciding on this hotel and we were all thrilled with the choice. The location is perfect. The metro station is less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel so it's very easy to get anywhere in the city. It was also very convienient to take the RER train from the airport to the hotel. It's close enough that there were no issues carrying luggage to and from the station to the hotel. There are many cafe's close to the hotel.
The rooms were nothing fancy but more than adequate and really more than I expected. We had a double and single bed and there was still plenty of room. The bathroom was very spacious and everything was very clean. There was a very nice little outdoor courtyard in the center of the hotel. One evening we were all tired from sightseeing so we went to the market, purchased some food and drinks and sat at the table out there. It was a very nice change of pace.
The people at the front desk, particulary Reda, were extremely helpful. I had read it in several of the reviews and can't stress how true it is. He was always willing to answer a question or offer helpful "local" advice.
Overall I was extremely pleased with the hotel. It was more than I expected and I would not hestitate to recommend it or stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hkat123
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is a short walk from the Arc de Triomphe and the metro station. The rooms, while small and with no frills, are quiet and comfortable. Be sure to ask for non-smoking rooms if you need one. One thing you notice about living where smoking is prohibited is how bad it is if you get into a room where someone has smoked. Hotel is close to some nice restaurants and cafes, as well as hustle and bustle of the Champs Élysées if you want that kind of thing. Staff are helpful too!

Room Tip: Only one elevator means that the higher floors are a little more difficult to access....but there ar...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Great hotel, especially for the price and location!
Our room had a view of the arc de triomphe from the side and it was facing Avenue de Wagram. We could open our windows completely which made the room even better, we could lean out to enjoy the view or just have the fresh air fill up our room, it was refreshing to have. The rooms are well kept and decently sized.
The receptionists are wonderful, all very friendly and eager to help! I've been learning French for a few years and was delighted that I could converse with them in French with no problem, (usually most Parisiens quickly revert to English once they notice your accent) And they were all very merry, especially this one guy who knew how to speak several languages and made so many customers laugh.
The lobby is very cute and stylish, really liked the decoration/ambience.
The location is prime since it's right near Champs Elysees and the metro is a few minutes away. It's a great value hotel for price, service, and location!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peachkid
Reviewed July 6, 2012

After tons of research and reading your helpful reviews on Tripadvisor, I decided upon The Elysees Ceramic Hotel for a 2 day girlie break for me and a friend. I wanted to choose something central and with a French feel.

We arrived late afternoon and were greeted by a very helpful English speaking receptionist who processed us in quickly.

The room was perfect - I'd asked for twin beds and our room was a good sized room for Paris with 3 beds in. We had a courtyard facing room which on this occasion was perfect as the road is very busy and we were grateful of the peace and quiet. The air conditioning was on when we arrived which was welcome as it was a hot and humid day. So chuffed that we had air con, I didn't expect it of a 3 star. Made sleeping at night comfortable. We stayed in room 403.

The room and bathroom were very clean and tidy, with extra pillows and plenty of fresh towels. The shower was powerful and there was lots of hot water all through the day and night.

We also had a minibar/fridge in the room which was handy as we'd brought our own water and wine. There was even a corkscrew in the room, so you won't need to opt for screw cap bottles. Incidentally, if you need a supermarket locally, we eventually found well equipped Monoprix after much walking, so have a quick Google before you go and take a map.

The location was absolutely perfect, very close to the Arc de Triomphe, and the Metro was a few yards away.

We didn't eat breakfast there as there are many little bistros that provide adequate breakfast menus for about 6-7 Euros, and it's nicer to eat out I think.

All in all it was a perfect little base for a Paris trip, and I will definitely stay there again.

The only thing which needs improvement is perhaps a lift refurb. The lift seemed to take ages to arrive and was a bit clunky, so we used the stairs (the door immediately to the right of the lift). Not a problem though and the spiral-style staircase was pretty. Oh, also in our room the mirror wasn't near a plug socket - essential for us girls with straighteners! A minor point, but might help if you pack a mirror.

All in all a very very good French hotel and don't be put off by the 3 stars, I've stayed in 5 star ones in London which weren't a patch on this little gem.

Enjoy your Paris trip.x
p.s. Eat at the Italian 'Cesar' 50 yards from the hotel, (turn left as you leave the building), it's delicious.

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard facing room for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank chellytemps
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in June 2012. we stayed in the "Family room". It was small, but it is Europe, and a big city. We had a view of the Arc de Triomphe outside our balcony-we were just a few blocks away...so the location was great. The front desk staff was very nice...and they spoke English, even when I spoke French. The breakfast was fine though we learned that French breakfasts are not nearly as big as German ones,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family