“Fantastic location!”

Ranked #935 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
NH
“Fantastic location!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the location. It's ideal for sightseeing, just a block from the Metro- Invalides station and within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, St. Germain, etc. I have stayed in European Best Westerns before, and I know they can be quirky, but clean and comfortable. This one didn't disappoint. The hallways are a creepy, dark red color, but the room was very clean and comfortable - and quiet! Keep in mind that rooms in Paris are small but who's going to spend a lot of time in their room when Paris is outside?

Matthieu, the desk clerk was a delight. He was friendly, helpful and positively charming. I spent 2 nights at this Best Western. Matthieu provided directions to restaurants, suggestions on what not to miss and how to best get there. He also helped me arrange for transportation to the airport, and allowed me to stow my luggage at the hotel after check out time, which allowed me an extra day to spend in this beautiful city. Yes, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
NIALA62, General Manager at Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Customer,
My Manager showed me your opinion on your trip in our BEST WESTERN Tour Eiffel Invalides****. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay among us, and that my advises were useful and I thank you very much fr that. It was a real pleasure for me to hear such a nice comment.
Kind regards.
Mathieu, Réceptionniste.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Although this hotel is in an ideal location for seeing the sights of Paris, for the price it was very dissapointing.
I was in a "superior" room, apparently, but it was shabby and the only thing that might have made it superior was that it had a very large bed.
There was mould on the walls in the bathroom, the shower had a mind of it's own and often switched to freezing or scalding without warning. (this was reported but no improvement)
The room had too much old fashioned furniture in it (a table and 3 chairs - not sure who would need the third) that took up much of the floor so the room felt cluttered.
I was there for a week and the room was serviced every day, but the bottle of water that was in the room to start with was never replaced when I used it up, and nor were the buscuits.
Breakfast in the cellar was OK.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mr_Mingles
NIALA62, General Manager at Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Sir and Dear Client,

We thank you for taking some time to leave your opinion of our BEST WESTERN Tour Eiffel Invalides**** on TrypAdvisor.

Your remarks will help us and provide better service to our customers.

“Superior” double & twin bedded rooms:
Accommodate a maximum of 2 persons, one large bed 180 * 200 cm. Equipped with shower/bath, overlooking the boulevard with trees, size about 18sqm. For an optimized comfort these rooms are equipped with two large windows, television and cupboards are superior sized. Bathrobes, slippers and a larger range of welcome items are displayed in the room.

This type of rooms is equipped with Louis XVI pieces of furniture. We place a bottle of water free in each room as a welcome gift and the clients are able to buy more if they which as well as sodas, coffee and Champagne at the reception.
All the bathrooms are fully tiled and all the gaskets have been renovated in October 2012.

Since customer satisfaction is the primary goal of Best Western members, we are constantly striving to improve our level of customer service.

Alain Guillot,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were there in September 2012. We had a room facing the street with a small balcony. The
room had older furniture, but large enough for two of us.The bathroom was adequate but has a hand held shower which I didn't like. The water temp was good but you had to flush the toilet twice to empty it. Location is very good, close to the Metro and Eiffel Tower. I have to disagree with some reviews about the housekeeping. The housekeeper came every day, changed linens/towels and replenished our coffee/tea packets for the kettle they provide. Of
course, you have to leave a few euros for her every day. The tv doesn't have any English channels except CNN, but we were out most of the time so it didn't matter. The desk staff were very helpful, providing directions and maps to get around. They also called for our car apon departure. The location is great and the hotel was nice, so I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
NIALA62, Directeur général at Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Sir and Dear Client,
We thank you very for taking your time to place an information on TripAdvisor.
The "Superior" rooms of our BEST WESTERN Tour Eiffel Invalides**** are equiped with LOUIS XVI type of furniture and we propose flat TV with 35 channel including FRANCE 24 & BBC WORLD NEW in english.
We wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you in near future.
Best regards.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in the hotel on Friday 22nd February 2013, visiting Paris with my 2 children aged 5 months and 2 years. We were given the garden room which whilst convenient, is only a few paces from the street meaning it is also convenient for thieves. We arrived early evening and were only out for 2 hours, returning to find an open door and phone and ipad stolen. There is no cctv on the street or in the reception, so all I can say is that I am thankful that we were not in the room at the time. The police are not helpful either so don't waste your time with them as they just take the mick out of the fact you can't speak French. No compensation for the break-in from Best Western. Therefore avoid this place unless you want the same to happen to you.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Grim700
NIALA62, General Manager at Best Western Tour Eiffel Invalides, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am aware of your trouble and I am very sorry for that. Did the police who arrived very quickly give you a copy of your deposition?
If yes, could you please send it to me with copy of the bills, if you have them, and we will revert to our insurance company?
The 7th arrondissement of Paris is a secure and quiet place; nevertheless a safe is placed in each room.
Again please accept my personal apologies.
Alain Guillot
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January 2013. When I first entered my room it was so stuffy! The heating was turned up too high. But of course that's not a problem, because the windows open. I had a single room on the 5th floor - quite a small one, but that is what to be expected in Paris. The window faces the inner yard, so it was quiet. The rooms could've been a bit cleaner though.
The breakfast is served in a medieval looking cellar, but when I got there a few minutes past 7 am not much was ready yet. Definitely wasn't worth 15 euros they asked for it, so during the next days of my stay I preferred to have breakfast in a cafe somewhere else.
The location is good - just a minute walk from the nearest metro station, close to the Eiffel Tower (though it is farther than it looks) and Champs Elysee is 15 minutes away across the Seine.
My biggest problem was that I could get wifi working for longer than 5 minutes at a time and had to log in again.
All in all, good value for money, even though it doesn't feel like a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had been there in the beginning of January, 2013. The staff was fantastic, specially the person on the morning, and the room was really nice, and even quite big for Paris standards. The Hotel is about ten minutes on walk from Eiffel Tower and from many attractions. There's a subway station just on the corner, so its easy to go anywhere, and a taxi for Paris Nord is about 20 euros. Theres a Carrefour very close so you can buy some items like water and bring to the hotel, and its quite cheap. I think this is a great place to stay in Paris, well located, good installations an good room size.

Room Tip: The rooms can be noisy if you get a front room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel occupies a great location in that it is within walking distance of many of the major 'sights'. It is very close to a Metro station (la Tour Maubourg) and there are many restaurants and bars in the neighborhood. The Rue Cler is a 10 minute walk. The hotel does however have a number of shortcomings. A number of it's rooms are extremely small,even by Parisian standards and are rather uncomfortable. There are larger,more comfortable rooms but they are more expensive.House keeping is not a strong point. Rooms are not made up until quite late and breakfast items are not that hot nor always replaced In a timely manner. The breakfast is however quite good. This is a great place to stay if your budget can handle the larger rooms.

Room Tip: Spurge to get a larger,more comfortable room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple