Hotel Maxim Quartier Latin
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsrue mouffetardgreat locationnice showerrestaurants and barsroom was a bit smallwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againwalking distanceneighborhoodmedardpantheonmetrofrench
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Small hotel, wonderfully situated. Very helpful and competent personnel.
On the minus side; the very small room I had and the gloomy colours of its decoration -chocolate brown furniture and walls took away what little light there was. Also, the bedlamps are definitely wrong for reading at night.
Breakfast buffet (extra 9 euros) could do with some fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for room in upper floors, for more light
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here for the value in price as some of my favorite hotels were booked up or more expensive this time because of the G8 conference. It was in a great location close to many restaurants, markets, and the metro. I expect small rooms in Paris as space is at a premium and the bathroom was actually a decent size with a tiled shelf for your toiletries. That said though there are reasons that I probably won't stay again. The walls are apparently uninsulated as you can easily hear people talking or the tv in the next room. The shower in our room had no shower hook on the wall so no hands-free showering. There was a sprayer you could use, or take a bath. The other thing I didn't understand is why they put in an elaborate bowl sink that was too large for the room but set in on a laminated table. They provide no soap dish so your only choice is to put the wet soap on the table and the water is causing the laminate to peel. The last thing I wanted to mention is bring a sleeping mask if light bothers you because there is only a frosted glass door to the bathroom and our room had a large frosted glass window in it with no covering so the light came through to the room.
The receptionist was pleasant but they were understaffed on weekends. She was there by herself most of the time and when we asked to have a burned-out light above the sink replaced on Saturday morning it was never done even by the time we left on Sunday. We ended up switching the light with another in the room ourselves so that we could see in the bathroom. Apparently there is no one around on weekends to do such things.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gwenkay
Reviewed April 22, 2011

the location is great, near to the market n you can reach notredame by walking..the room is so small but clean n neat, the receptionist can speak english fluently n 24 hours,free high speed internet,i love this hotel great experience for our first trip in paris

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank meisarah
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I had a horrible experience...i will never go back!!!!!! I highly recommend to avoid this hotel!!!! Here is the story. I was supposed to check out at 11.30 am. At 9 am I had a job interview. Before leaving for the job interview, I left the room keys to the lady at the reception, telling her that I would come back by 11am to pack my stuff and check out. First, the lady told me that I "must pay now" (quoting her words), even though I was not checking out (my lagguage was still in the room). Given that I had no time to waste, I agreed and payed. Then, just for politeness, I decided that I should probably pack anyway, just in the case I did not make it back by 11.30am. Therefore, I went back to my room, packed my lagguage, took it downstairs and told the lady not to clean my room until 11.30 because I would probably make it back on time and like to use the room again to take a shower and change my clothes before returning to Germany. She agreed. As expected I came back to the hotel at 10.30. When I asked for my room's keys the lady told me that that my room had been cleaned and therefore I "could not touch anything in the room" (quoting her words). I asked her why the cleaning lady cleaned the room if I explicitly asked for my room not to be cleaned until 11.30. She ignored me. She instead gave me the keys of another used room that had not been cleaned yet!!!! Very pissed and in a hurry, I ran to the room to change and I realized that the other guests were still there as their luggage were in the room!!!! Even more pissed I go downstairs, and still ignoring my anger, the lady gives me keys to another used and not cleaned room!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank ibattiat
Reviewed March 29, 2011

After we waited 20 mins for the porter to wake up we finally got into our room at 10:45pm.
Room was clean.
Bathroom was clean.
Shower was broke and kept sliding down, stuffed a plastic bag onto it to hold up.
Sink bowl shelf needed replacement as was water damaged and was breaking up.
Bed was ok.
Pillows are crap.
Free wi-fi at least.
Abit expensive for what we got. €70 each and no breaky.
Handy location by the metro.
Cud do with better directions for travelers.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple