“Nice hotel and great location”

Madison Hotel by MH
Ranked #154 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Denver, Colorado
“Nice hotel and great location”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Madison is a nice hotel with comfortable rooms, larger than some in the same category in St. Germain. The decor is newer colors and the bathroom was a comfortable size for two, a definite plus. The Wifi is a nice feature although it disconnects every few minutes, so hold onto the piece of paper they give you with the code. The breakfast buffet was nice with fruit, yogurt, cheese, eggs, cereal and the usual meats and vegetables. We decided to opt for a nearby cafe after our first morning and wound up paying more for the same items. The hotel is within 50 ft of the metro station and an easy walk to all the sights of Paris and I appreciate that they honored our request for a boulevard view.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank traveltoujours
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear TravelToujours,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable, and I hope you have plans to return to us one day.
Should you decide to come back again just send us a note in advance. We will make sure you are, yet again, very well taken care of.

Warm regards,
Caroline Demon - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Turkish first
Ternat, Belgium
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Words can not describe how we enjoyed our stay here.
Arriving 8 o'clock in the morning we immediatly got our perfect spacious room with a romantic vieuw ( church).
The staff is willing to help you with everything and gives you a warm welcome.
We felt at home!
We ordered breakfast in bed at 9 o'clock and got it 15 minutes later!
We can't find anything that didn't please us.
This was a businesstrip, but we hope to spend some leisure days as soon as possible

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor with a great vieuw. This normally is a room for people in wheelchai...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank inge74
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Inge74,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent visit to the Madison Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time here with us.

We are very proud of our staff and it is lovely to receive kind feedback about how they made you feel so welcome and were helpful and friendly. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed.

I shall ensure that your kind praise and thanks is passed on to the staff and that their service is duly recognised.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Madison Hotel soon.

Yours sincerely,
West Vancouver
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff were excellent , buffet breakfast (included) fabulous, bed very comfortable, the room was lovely and location superb! An iron in the room would of been nice and a slightly larger tub for soaking at the end of the day would of made this stay perfect. Yes, we would go back happily! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mooncalves
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Mooncalves,

I am so delighted that we were able to make it a memorable occasion for you.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Madison Hotel to celebrate more anniversaries in the future !

With kind regards,
USA
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My daughter and I were recently in Paris for a short stay. I booked the Madison because I have stayed there several times in the past, though the last time was nearly ten years ago. I love the location of this hotel right on St. Germain des Pres across from the church. I also like that the hotel has a small circular drive which sets it back from the street a bit. The hotel is fitted with very good insulated windows that keep the street noise out when closed. The staff was most pleasant and helpful. The room was quite clean though there was a perfume odor in the room that was very strong and we had to open the windows to diffuse the overbearing scent. I wasn't sure if the scent was somehow pumped through the heating system or an overzealous chambermaid perfumed the room a bit too much. There was a coffee/tea maker in the room which was nice. The hotel had free wifi which is a plus these days.
I was quite surprised when I arrived at the Madison to find a totally renovated interior. The entire lobby area was unrecognizable as was the room. I am guessing that the hotel may have changed ownership since I last stayed there. I will say that certainly the old bathrooms needed updating and the decor in the rooms probably needed to be refurbished. But sadly, to me the Madison has lost its charm. The room and bathroom we had could have been a room in just about any hotel/motel anywhere. I will admit the color scheme was not so typical of chain hotels but the overall appearance was that of function without so much style. I did notice that the old tiny nightstands had been painted to match the color scheme but somehow that did not add any charm to the room.

I certainly would recommend the hotel based on the positive things it does has to offer but would have to say that it does not exude the charm of a traditional Parisian hotel of past.

Room Tip: I always choose a room on the Boulevard side---lovely to look at the church and the action on the st...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear flomap,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Madison Hotel and for taking the time to share your comments.

All of our rooms at The Madison Hotel have gone through an extensive refurbishment programme in the last years and I was sorry to read that your room was not to your taste.

I fully understand your disappointment on this occasion however I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Madison Hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Caroline Demon
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Madison, has good room not great, every thing is good but not great, a simple breakfast, in a very decirated room, the chairs are not proper to eat they are resting chairs therefore you end up eating on the edge of the seat, very unconfortable if you are a large pearson.

No restaurant, not in a particularly good busy street or a quiet one, it doesnt take sides, it doesnt risk beeing something obvious, you can´t put your finger on.
It doesnt have a personality. Never the less "se bon".

The staff is pretty good, very much like the italians, always disagreeing with each other but getting it together to assist you in every way.

There was one gentleman that cought my eye, every time that I asked him for an option for dinner he would say "go to such and such I ate there three days ago, dont forgett to say my name". Very italian !!!

So we made it, it is time to go, 4 people , 4 nights , no wine, no dinner or lunch, I confess a little minibar water, an occassional coke, and the bill?? EU$ 3.400,00, WHAT come on!!!!!!!!

That´s a litle too much EU$ 25,oo each for breakfast, thats EU$ 400, on bread and butter!!!!!

No, I will not be coming back, ever.
If you decide to stay there, check other options believe me, Paris is overrated anyway. Go to Austria.

Carlos Moggi

Room Tip: Front rooms have a view to the street and the old cathedral, even older than Notre Dame and are more...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Moggi,

I was very disappointed to read your review regarding your recent stay at the Madison Hotel.

I was very surprised to read your comments with regards to the staff who assisted you, as all of our staff are trained to a very high standard, and are always trying to please our Guests.

I found your remarks about the cleanliness, decor and ambience of the breakfast room very surprising as we usually receive positive feedbacks about it and about our housekeeping standards.

Concerning the view over the Boulevard, most of our Guests appreciate to see the well-known church of Saint Germain des Près from their window. Paris is a historical city with wonderful monuments. Most of them of course are built at the same time as Notre Dame de Paris : this is a Parisian charm !

Yours sincerely
Caroline Demon – General Manager
Kirkenes, Norway
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Très cool hotel, perfect location! The rooms are just big enough and decorated in different styles, the staff is wonderful and the breakfast is amazing and perfect before exploring the surroundings! Will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear NeverSneakers,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be excellent for your needs. Thank you for highlighting the fact that we will provide a great breakfast ; this is something that many of our guests appreciate and compliment us for providing !

It will be my pleasure to share you kind comments about my team with all the staff; we believe in providing a high level of service and attention to detail and appreciate when guests such as yourself acknowledge this.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next return to Paris.

Kind regards,
London
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel itself is in a brilliant location, with an interior to match. I stayed here for my 40th so it was important to find something special, french but with a modern twist. Everything matched up - but the view. I booked a room billed as a 'courtyard view'...which it was...but what they had just not said that sat at the bottom of the courtyard is the hotel's huge airconditioning system!!! I spoke to the staff about the misleading the description of the room was - all three nodded, and said that they knew that the wording on the website was a bit naughty, and even though every guest complained about it to them - their management had taken the decision not to change the narrative. Not good. I booked through HOTEL.com who gave me a great price for one night. If I had booked via their own site, or whilst I was there prices were up to 600% more.

Room Tip: Looking for a nice view, the courtyard room is a courtyard full of airconditioning units. The stree...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen D
Dear Karen,

Thank you for your review of your stay at The Madison Hotel.

Be assured that at the Madison Hotel, we promise that the prices offered on our official website are the best available anywhere !

I look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Paris.

Best regards,