“Very clean hotel with very small rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madison Hotel by MH

Madison Hotel by MH
Ranked #142 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Prague, Czech Republic
“Very clean hotel with very small rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Advantages:
Good location
Clean hotel
Renovated and well maintained
Very kind personel
Nice breakfast
My room's windows were faced to inner yard, so it was very quiet.

Disadvantages:
The single room is VERY small hardly can get in between the bed and the walls, for 200EUR, I was expecting something bigger.

Room Tip: If you are claustrofobic, don't take the single room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor.

It was such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Madison Hotel !

The size of our rooms depends on the category. Contact us directly for your next stay and we will select the room that suits you best.

Hope to see you again at the Madison Hotel !

Best regards,
Caroline Demon - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Opposite the Church of St Germain de Pres, and within a short walk to Art Galleries and Museums, the Hotel Madison charms you from the moment yo step into it: a friendly and helpful reception desk, a mix of modern and antique decor in impeccably good taste, a comfortable room with a spotless bathroom.
Walk to the Musée d'Orsay and back again, then rest your weary feet at the famous Café Les Deux Magots (50 metres from the hotel).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Miguel,

Thank you for your comments about the Madison Hotel.

It is a great joy to know that our guests love our location and our hotel with its charming and modern atmosphere that is only completed with the great team service we provide to our valued guests.

We feel very happy to know that you highly recommend our hotel and we do look forward to welcoming back.

Best regards,
Kyrenia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

It was our first time in Paris and we chose this hotel because it was in St Germain area. The location of the hotel is very good. There are lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. The metro is just opposite the hotel.

We were two couples and both of our rooms were really small. To be honest, I think this is the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed. We had two luggages and it was impossible to walk in the room comfortably. We chose to move the large useless bin somewhere else only to find everyday that it is being brought to the same annoying location. The bathroom was small too. When you take a shower, the water unfortunately splashes all over the bathroom floor and the provided towels are not really enough to absorb the water, so if you take a shower before going to sleep, you need to be careful when visiting the bathroom at night. We had no view from the window, just the blank inner walls of the hotel. The good part about the rooms: decor is very good, shower is powerful, beds are very comfy.

The reception desk and the concierge staff was helpful, polite but I did feel the Parisian attitude in a way.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a larger room than average.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Izzetz,

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. You are right; we have one of the best location in Paris,close to the capital’s main attractions.

I understand you highlight the small size of our rooms and as for many hotels of the Left Bank of Paris, the size is always different from the Right Bank.
Please note we offer different room types allowing you to get a larger room. For your next stay in Paris, please feel free to contact us directly.

Kindest regards,
Caroline Demon
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Unfortunately trip advisor does not have an incroyable excellent category because Hotel Madison is an utterly delightful small hotel - my room was furnished with very high end fittings and was comfortable, clean and extremely well appointed; carpeted walls, BOSE ipod docking station, bathrobes etc etc - I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone; couples, solo, business alike - no doubt about it. I noticed a couple of rough comments regarding the staff; not so, all spoke excellent english and were very accommodating; it rather shocked me actually (very unfrench). St Germain is a lovely part of Paris with lots of great Cafes and restaurants - be warned it is expensive here (16 Euro for a large beer!!) but I thoroughly my short stay and would deliberately seek out this hotel again if I am lucky enough to be in Paris again. Hotel Madison is very close to the St Germain de Pres Metro which is on a direct link to Gare Du Nord for the Eurostar. See if you can have a Blvd facing room for a view of the church. Well done Hotel Madison - I don't want to appear gushing but you deserve it.

Room Tip: Bloulevard facing will give you the best view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Richard,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your stay at the Madison Hotel.

It made me happy to read that you were pleased with the service given by our staff and that you were made to feel welcome. Here at the Madison Hotel we aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible and I am glad that we were able to do this.

I am indeed very proud of the staff and will pass on your complimentary comments. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst in Paris on business. Great location. Rooms were ok, though the 2 single beds were inadequate and not the king bed I booked. Terrible view of air conditioner stack and a wall. Also, for some reason the maid kept moving the bedside table in front of the wardrobe when she made the bed each day. Very annoying as each day I would then move it back to be able to open the wardrobe and get to my clothes.

The check in and concierge staff ( they are the same people, there is no dedicated concierge) were awful and reeked of Parisian attitude and arrogance. They showed a complete lack of willingness to be anything other than unhelpful at each interaction during my stay. At check in I was told breakfast was included in the rate. At check out I was charged 25 euro per day for breakfast. Rather steep for muesli.

The worst of the concierge was shown after I had checked out. I needed to be at a dinner event then leave for the airport coming via the hotel to pick my bags up. The snotty concierge "manager" kept insisting to the junior guy that this was impossible and they couldn't order a taxi or driver to do this. It didn't seem so difficult a proposition to me and it took one 30 second phone call by my host to arrange this.

This was by far the worst of the 4 hotels I stayed at on this trip to Europe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Aaron F
Dear Apfrench74,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us.

I would be delighted to discuss this further with you and would kindly ask if you could contact me on info@hotelsmauricehurand.com.
I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service that we pride ourselves on and I can only hope that you will contact me so that I can personally discuss the matter with you.

Kind regards,
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first time last month & were very impressed. The reception staff were friendly & helpful. Our room, number 26, was lovely, a nice view to the church opposite, well furnished & very comfy bed. We both slept well despite the room facing onto the Boulevard, the glazing gave good insulation from traffic noise.The bathroom was well equipped & we loved the shower which could be set to send rays of different colours through the water flow. Breakfast offered a wide choice of hot & cold dishes. We'd certainly recommend the hotel & consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Number 26, very well appointed & nice view of the church.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Kathryn,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to make it special. It sounds like you had an excellent time in Paris, and we look forward to your next visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

A gem of a hotel right across from the Abbey in St Germain des Pres. The hotel was superb, the staff outstanding... my only complaint, and its a small one, is that there is no valet parking. However, there is an underground parking garage just down the street. Be sure to stop by Laduree about two blocks away for some of the most delicious macaroons you will ever taste.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Madison Hotel by MH, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear briyor,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we truly appreciate your time and feedback.

Valued guests’ comments are our single most important resource to further improve our service.
On behalf of our teams, we are looking forward to your next visit.

With kind regards,