“Would return every time”
Review of Hotel Le Littre

Hotel Le Littre
Ranked #222 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and from booking to check out staff have been great.

We booked through Bookings.com and I had a problem with my credit card. I contacted the hotel direct to resolve and they were very efficient and helpful. I spoke to conceirge regarding restaurant bookings again very helpful indeed. Even sending me a copy of one of the menus.

I booked a superior room and much to my surprise upon arrival we had been allocated a room with a view ofthe Eiffel Tower much to our delight. The room was very clean and modern and the bathroom was spacious. There wasnt too much noise from the road outside or other people within the hotel.

Breakfast has a nice selection and the waiters very friendly.

The hotel itself is situated near metro montparnasse bienvenue exit 5 which was perfect as only a five minute walk away and this leads straight to and from gare du nord on line 4. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area too.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel again and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Bailey31
dirco, Responsable commercial at Hotel Le Littre, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thanks a million for your very nice review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once more in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

There's so much choice and when staying in a City for the first time you need a good hotel and Le Littre is ideal. It's an easy journey from Gare du Nord, no changing lines on the metro lugging bags around, and is situated close to Montparnasse which was handy dependant on where you wanted to go.
We were greeted warmly, reception very efficient & helpful, and our room was as described - infact, we were pleasantly surprised by the bathroom as we'd read many review about Paris and the size of rooms but Hotel Le Littre's standard rooms do very well for a break away.
We only had breakfast on one of the mornings, and got there late so quite a lot had run out, although there was still half an hour or so left of the time slot. I would imagine though that if we asked for something specific the staff would have obliged.
The bar is small, but again the service is very good from a very friendly bartender who had a smile for everyone.
Another added bonus was the safe in the room, in places we've stayed before there's a charge for the deposit box, but not here, just another small but welcome service at this hotel.
Reception were always helpful re looking to make bookings on our behalf, making suggestions, and we'd happily recommend it to others wanting a clean, nicely kept hotel in a good area of Paris (Rue du Rennes has some lovely little shops and a nice walk down to Saint Germain des Pres), on a very quiet street. All communication with them from initial enquiry to booking and then throughout our stay was easy and pleasant.
Thanks Hotel Le Littre.

5  Thank WoodlePoodle
dirco, Responsable commercial at Hotel Le Littre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guests,

On behalf of the entire Hotel Le Littre staff, I would like to thank you for selecting our property for your stay in Paris and for your very nice review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Being a self confessed hotel 'snob' I always get a bit nervous before staying somewhere new - but I was not disappointed with Hotel Le Littre which lived up to expectations! We were greeted on arrival and were so pleased that the room was ready early which meant we could freshen up after the journey before heading out to explore. If you prefer taking the metro the hotel is situated literally just around the corner from Montparnesse metro station. However if you like to walk I would recommend this (this is what we did) as there are some lovely sights on the way.

The room was gorgeous, more like a suit with a seating area, massive bathroom and huge, comfortable bed. The room was well thought out (especially for women) as there was plenty of wardrobe space and more than enough coat hangers - always welcomed! The hair dryer was also great and effective - something that is rare to find in hotels. The room was quite warm but that was no problem as we could open the gorgeous French doors.

We didn't take the breakfast option as preferred to go visit local patisseries and coffee shops.

All in all a great experience and I would recommend this hotel highly

2  Thank Laura B
dirco, Responsable commercial at Hotel Le Littre, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Madam,

Greetings from the Hotel Le Littré in Paris!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting The Hotel Le Littre during your last visit in Paris and the time you took to write us the interest you attach to our property.

I will certainly share your nice review with the entire hotel staff and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once more in the future.

FRANCE CLAQUE

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 nights using an off-season promotion that included breakfast and a room upgrade. The room was large, but decorated like a motel room rather than a hotel room. The bathroom was huge with a tub and shower; though the shower was a tight fit. The in-room safe was super small and could just about only hold a decent size camera. Breakfast was fine. The staff at breakfast and at the front desk was excellent. They made restaurant reservations in advance for us, which is helpful in Paris as some restaurants do not take internet reservations! The location is good just a short walk to the Montparnasse metro stop and access to 3 metro lines. Thus, we had simple but large room at a good price in a nice location.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let your compliments regarding the service, the comfort of the rooms and the location of the hotel. As you pointed out, the Hotel Le Littré is ideally located, near to the metro station.
We are sorry to hear that you have not been very satisfied with the decor However, we are currently working on a new refurbishement plan
The comfort and satisfaction of our customers is our priority and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had an amazing stay (feb 2013) here. We'd booked a superior room and weren't disappointed, it was huge, comfortable and very clean. The staff were very friendly and keen to help in anyway. Highly recommend staying here, great atmosphere in a great location, close to a metro station, though we walked to most of the major sites. Thanks for a great few days!

Dear Valuable Guests,

The comfort and satisfaction of our customers is our top priority and we look forward to welcoming you back to the near future.

With warm regards

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 8-year old son in February. Everything was fine - the maid wasn't too good, the bathtub was completely clogged up and she forgot to empty the bins one day. But the room was very nice, very big, and the location was great (perfectly well-placed in Montparnasse but not on a main road, so not too noisy at night, but in close proximity to restaurants, Metro and lots of bakeries and cinemas. The hotel charges far too much for wi-fi (using your laptop in your room will cost you 15 Euros per day which is simply robbery) and I do not recommend the bar (a tiny room where a bottle of water will be charged at 5 Euros a piece). But for Paris, this was actually a pretty good hotel, not bad value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank eagertraveller123

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

All of us are committed to provide the highest degree of comfort and service to all our guests. Your evaluation is important, telling us what we do right and what we do wrong. I will certainly share your observations with the entire hotel staff and especially with our Housekeeper as we cannot accept a lack of professionalism from our maids.

Concerning the WIFI, I am surprised as the WIFI is on complimentary in all the Hotel from January 01st 2013. If we did a mistake, of course I would like you to be repaid.

On behalf of the entire Le Littre team, I would like to thank you once again for your comments and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon in Paris

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked this as part of a Eurostar weekend deal. Very easy to reach from Gare du Nord - just take Metro Line 4 directly to Montparnasse Bienvenue, about 20 minutes, and hotel is three minute walk away. Save yourself a packet on a pricey cab ride. Hotel is well run and very welcoming. Our family room was spacious (extremely so for Paris) and very comfy, with good bathroom. High standards of housekeeping, all very smart and clean. Breakfast buffet (20 euros) is good quality and substantial. It may seem steep, but you'll pay seven or eight euros for just a coffee and croissant outside at a cafe - this is Paris after all. The friendliness of all the staff, particularly jolly breakfast waiters and desk team, is a big plus. As for location, although you aren't in the centre of town, Montparnasse is the main station for Versailles (twenty minutes, SNCF train, then a ten minute walk) and also a main interchange for several Metro lines so you are well placed for the Eiffel Tower (ten minutes by Metro), and shops and Louvre (15 mins). In the hotel's immediate vicinity are a myriad of restaurants, brasseries and Breton-style creperies. If being in the absolute centre is your thing, this may be five minutes too far out, but on the upside you get a large room, handy transport links and plenty of eateries. There's also the Luxembourg Gardens on the doorstep, although it being February we didn't venture in them. So overall a very pleasant and friendly base for a Paris weekend.

Room Tip: We paid a few euros extra for a "deluxe" room as opposed to a triple - we were two parents...