“Yummy, Intimate and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Diane - CLOSED

Le Diane
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Montreal
“Yummy, Intimate and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The setting is beautiful and the food and service were great.
The only thing missing is a rooftop view on the Champs Elysee as this restaurant is tucked inside the hotel courtyard.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Globetrotter_411
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Le Diane, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Client,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

François Giroud, the Manager and his entire team are truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your moment.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

• Korean first
“Excellent food, impeccable service and elegant yet comfortable environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Waiters were charming, polite and attentative, yet not intrusive. I was asked whether I need water with room temperature or cold, which was very nice. I requested a few times in some other restaurants for water with room temperature, I was given the look. Napkins were replaced with fresh ones immediately every time we dropped it or went to toilet.

We ordered the tasting menu. The amuse bouche were just as fabulous as the main dishes, including the fried prawn with creamy soup, the foie gras covered with sugary coat, the orange sober on chocolate ice creme to clean the palate and the the assortment of cookie after the main desert.

The appetizer was foie gras( if my husband was not wrong), quail egg with shaved truffle, beautifully presented and tasted delicious. The deer venison was self-explanary, tender and juicy, flavorful but not over killed by the seasoning. The scallop though was about average, little bit over cooked. I could not describe the Chocolate desert. It was just like multi- layer of exquisite textures dancing choreography through your mouth. Excellent.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our dinner.

1 Thank Xiafei C
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Le Diane, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Client,

On behalf of François Giroud, the Manager and the entire Diane team, I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your kind comments on this website.

It is a pleasure for us to see that you enjoyed the food and the service at our Michelin starred restaurant Le Diane.

Your supportive interest is highly appreciated and helps us to continue improving our services.

The Executive Chef, Jean-Yves Leuranguer, Meilleur Ouvrier de France and his Deputy Chef, Christophe Schmitt just awarded by the Pierre Taittinger International Culinary Trophy will be very happy to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

United Kingdom
“Worth its Michelin star, despite the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Treated by the inlaws to this special meal. Thanks Tom!
My tip of the day - If you're having the tasting menu, don't have the cheese as well!!!!
The setting couldn't be better, bang in the thick of the action on the Avenue George V, Le Diane is a small circular private dining room adjacent to the inner courtyard of the five star Fouquets hotel.
The restaurant is the most prestigious of the three located at Fouquets and seats around 20 diners max in a beautifully presented setting both inside and out.
Throughout the meal, a staggeringly inventive light show painted the inner walls of the courtyard as a backdrop to one of the finest gastronomic experiences I've ever had.
The nine course tasting menu (10 course with cheese) costs three arms and seven legs, but was just the most incredible showcase of the art of haute cuisine, and filling too! I felt like Mr Creosote by the 7th course but like the seasoned campaigner I am I soldiered on through the cheese and two deserts, but even I failed miserably at the Petits Fours.
The staff were perfectly trained with none of the snottiness that can accompany some of the Michelin starred places. Every time anyone got up to go to the toilet a waiter discreetly materialised out of thin air and gave discreet directions to the nearest facility. If you turned your back, someone magically whipped away your napkin and replaced it with a freshly folded one. A full set of cutlery appeared with each course and then got cleared away at the end of the course, irrespective of whether or not it had all been utilised
The only criticism I could make would be the price of the Digestifs, which even of a restaurant of this calibre were stupidly over priced. The CHEAPEST brandy on the menu was €59 PER GLASS!!! Bonkers.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank strudwick
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Le Diane, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taking the time to share your comments on this website.

We are very delighted to know that you had your finest gastronomic experience in our Michelin starred restaurant Le Diane.

Jean-Yves Leuranguer, our Executive Chef, his deputy Chef Christophe Schmitt will be very happy to learn that you loved their creations.

I will not miss to share your warm comments about the service with François Giroud, the Diane Manager; he will be very pleased to welcome you back soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked Le Diane as the venue to entertain the key representatives of one of our key customers in France.

The overall experience was superb. Incredible food, presented with astonishing attention to detail, and served by a world class team.

Our customer remarked it was his 'dinner of the year' and I think he has a lot of nice dinners!

Many thanks.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank AndyHooper
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Le Diane, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a beautiful description of our restaurant!

It is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your “diner of the year” in Le Diane.

Jean-Yves Leuranguer, our Executive Chef and his Deputy, Chef Christophe Schmitt will be very delighted to hear that you loved their creations.

I look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels will bring you back to Paris.

New York, NY
“Excellent food, good service, a fine evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I contacted the Hotel Fouquet's Barriere and the restaurant Le Diane several weeks before the date on which we wished to book a dinner for eight to celebrate my brother's 50th birthday. The lady from the hotel's food and beverage staff with whom I communicated by email to make the booking and arrange the menu was most helpful and responsive. The chef proposed an excellent menu. When I needed to change an item for dietary reasons, my correspondent communicated the request to the chef and another dish was promptly proposed. When I needed to add a ninth person to the table, this was also acknowledged quickly. Another request to book a table at the bar Le Lucien next door for pre-dinner drinks was also handled perfectly. The bar and the restaurant were the perfect setting for a special evening - there is a great deal of charm and character in the hotel, the interior and the garden but there is also some "glitz and glamour" in the decor - the gold-painted columns, the round dining room, the torchieres set in the wall. The meal of a range of amuse-bouches, several courses, a "pre-dessert", a cake with a candle and writing which I requested and was told was complimentary, and wine was excellent. The service was very good - friendly and attentive. I had a few quibbles, however. First, the meal consisted of some dishes that were on the agreed menu and one or two that were not. It was unclear to me whether the restaurant was being generous in adding to our menu or whether they had made a unilateral change in the menu without letting us know because their seasonal menu had changed only a few days before. It would have been nice if they had informed me of the changes. Second, at the beginning of the meal, one of the senior waiters gave a rundown of the menu in French, which was fine. But given that there were clearly people at the table who were not able to understand French and reciting a whole list of dishes in any language can be overwhelming to anyone listening, it would have been helpful if the restaurant had printed the menu for the evening on at least one or two cards, which everyone at the table could have signed and given to the birthday celebrant (there were actually four others celebrating birthdays). Ideally, given that the restaurant knew it was a 50th birthday dinner, one dated card for each person at the table would have been a welcome gesture - and would have provided a nice souvenir for everyone. Third, indeed, instead of the rundown of the menu at the beginning, it would have been helpful to have had a short description of each dish as they were served. We had to ask for this to be done because it was not always clear what a dish was and, by the time the first dish had arrived, who could remember the recited list? None of these quibbles diminished our enjoyment of the evening and our appreciation of the excellent food. I was personally disappointed that we did not have a chance to meet the chefs because I had read on this site and others of many guests being able to do so. I was particularly impressed that, though we stayed late and were the last table to depart, the staff never once intimated in the slightest that we should leave. Le Diane is a very fine restaurant with a sparkling ambience and good service, which combined to make our birthday celebration the memorable experience we wanted it to be.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank areopagus
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Le Diane, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Client,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to post your kind comments on this website.

It is a pleasure for us to see that you enjoyed the food and the service in our Michelin starred
Restaurant Le Diane.

However I will not miss to share your comment about the unilateral change in the menu with the Executive Chef in order to such mishappening do not reoccur in the future.

Concerning the description of each dish, I immediately forwarded your experience to the restaurant Manager.

The Chef Jean-Yves Leuranguer would be delighted to meet you next time you will be in Paris.

We hope you will continue coming in our restaurant and I look forward to welcoming you soon.