“Excellent”
Review of Tentazioni

Tentazioni
Reserve with
Tentazioni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #190 of 17,738 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: In front of the Moulin de la Galette, this italian restaurant of Montmartre is maybe the better one with his fresh and home made italian traditionnal food. This family restaurant offer a large choise of typicals courses cooked in the open kitchen near to a nice courtyard. Taste it!
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Staying in Paris a couple of days visiting my son, we wanted to have dinner in the Montmartre area. I picked "Tentazioni" because of the Italian kitchen; having lived over there for more than 20 years I know food is a thing the Italians will never fail on. This time, however, the experience exceeded all our expectations.

The place is tiny with simple decor, yet with a warm and simpathetic atmosphere. Fortunately we had reserved a table (thanks to a tip on Tripadvisor), because the restaurant was fully booked with a good blend of both locals and tourists. The owner cooks everything hinself, in between he is very present taking care of his customers, making sure everybody is happy. This is typical for all Italian family owned restaurants, the quality control is always guaranteed.

We both had lobster salad as a starter, very good with lots of fresh seafood. As main course, my son chose "tagliatelle al tartufo piemontese", pasta with the white "tartufo" mushroom, a luxorious ingredient in the Northern Italian cooking. He appreciated this very much, not only for the extraordinary good taste but also for the abundance of the "tartufo" on his plate. I chose "linguine al langouste" (pasta with crayfish sauce) which proved to be the best seafood dish I've ever had. The sauce was simply perfect, flavoured in a way the Italians are experts on, that is tasty indeed, but never too hot, letting the fresh, excellent crayfish play the main part. As desert we picked some home made Sicilian pastries, an excellent choise because they were light, perfect to end a meal with starter and main course.

Summarizing the above, I would say this restaurant offers excellent value. For a three course dinner for two people with aperitifs, wine, water and espresso we paid about one hundred euros. This is what you pay in most similar restaurants in Paris, only here you eat very very well.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Intimate setting. They speak english or at least the waiter (son?) did. The food was some of the best italian food and rivals the food we hadnin Rome/Venice. The pasta tastes fresh. If you like truffles like we do, the truffle ravioli had truffles inside, in the sauce, and shavings ontop. Need I say more. I highly recommend this to others.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

For me it was the third time i go there. It was over a year ago that i found the place with a friend.
And now I really wanted to eat there with my love. It was worth going there again.
If you are near the Moulin rouge, walk up to the other mill and take a break overthere!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

If it's not the best, it's the most under-rated!

Do yourself a favour and eat here. It's tucked away in an unlikely spot in Montmartre and I only found it because some expats told me they eat there every second day when in Paris. Although it was a distance to travel, their recommendation was so strong that I had to go and see if they were exaggerating. To my immense delight they were not and I enjoyed one of the best Italian meals I've had anywhere in the world.

The food is outstanding, the service exceptional and the prices way lower than I expected. Now that has to be worth a five our of five.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've never written a review before but had to write about how good the food was. My wife and I arrived just as it opened so we were lucky to get a table (definitely make reservations - place is small and they did hold tables for those with reservations). My wife had caprese salad and I had Parma ham with buffalo mozzarella. Both were best I have ever had. We went with two specials - risotto with asparagus and shrimp was one and tagliatelle with mushrooms were the other. Both fantastic!!! Portions were ample enough that we passed on dessert. Staff was friendly and helpful to us - we don't speak French - they could understand and be patient with our American English. Staff spoke English which was a nice plus. Overall - highly recommend. We will definitely be going back!