Holiday Inn Paris Montmartre
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsplace de clichymoulin rougeadjoining roomsmini martfamily suiteexecutive roomshort walkmetro stationwe've stayedhotel is locatedsofa bedother hotelsreasonable sizefirst morningwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationquiet room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were a little concerned about staying in this area as we had read about the Montmartre area and it's reputation especially around the Sacre Core. However, we should not have worried it was a great location and we never experienced any problems during our 4 night stay.If you arrive by Metro I suggest you get off at Place de Clichy,walk up the hill behind you passing the Ibis hotel and crossing over the cemetary bridge, you will come to a junction, just cross over and take the 2nd road from your left which is straight facing the crossing. Keep on the left hand side of the road and the hotel is 3 mins ahead of you. Total walk about 15 - 20 mins mostly a slight uphill walk but quite easy. On arrival at the hotel you will find the lobby area is quite small with just 2 seats. The staff were very friendly and check in was fast and efficient. Our rooms were clean and comfortable and we stayed at the back of the hotel which was quiet. If you go back to Place de Clichy you can get a metro or bus to most parts of the city including all the important sites. If you are feeling fit you can walk to most places. Whatever you do I strongly recommend visiting Sacre Core which is a short walking distance from the hotel. The staff will advise you but beware it is a steep climb. You can go the opposite way and get the funnicular up the hill. The view is spectacular especially at night. We were not intimidated and just said no to any street seller and they politely turned away. I was concerned having read some reviews as I visited with 3 Asian friends but there was absolutely no problem. Just before you reach Place de Clichy going down the hill on the right you should see the windmill of the Moulin Rouge.I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I visited Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

They must renew this hotel and keep it more clean and up to date. I wouldn't stay here again. Not what I expect from a Holiday Inn

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I would really recommend this hotel for the main reason that the location is great, the rooms are very comfortable albeit that they were slightly small and sterile but due to the price point I think, in comparison to other hotel I have stayed in in the city, this was the best value for money by far. My main reason for writing thus review is that the staff were really helpful, very pleasant and totally accommodating, nothing was too much trouble and they were all extremely polite and well mannered. Montmartre is probably my favourite area in the whole of Paris so it was more than ideal for my needs.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is in a nice location, but we had a horrible experience here straight from the start when we arrived at 6pm to find that our 2 bedroom family suite that we booked/confirmed/and had printed documentation for was not available and instead they had decided to move us to a large single bedroom.

Needless to say with 10 bags from a 35 day trip, three adults, and two babies, this was an absurd proposition and not even the luggage or half of our party would fit in the tiny room.

The staff was completely unapologetic and let it slip that they could get 400 euros a night for each of the two bedrooms of our 2-bedroom family suite and so had clearly just tried to maximize revenue by not honoring our reservation so they could spit it up and sell it to two parties.

After making us wait around for a long time while calling the elusive manager, they tried to show us a slightly larger single bedroom (meant for 3, not 5) which again was not half as big as the 2-bedrooms we needed, and only finally relented in giving us two rooms non-adjoining that we could use for the first night.

However, they then made us check out the next day and check back into a smoking 2-bedroom family suite when we had reserved non-smoking. The rooms were disgusting as one smelled strongly of human excrement and the other had an incredibly strong stench of smoke.

The front desk also just goes out of its way to not be helpful or charge for even really small things like 1-2 euros charged to your room for calling a taxi on your behalf, etc.

Then, to top it all of, when we checked out, they had the temerity to expect full payment of the original price despite the fact that they gave us vastly substandard rooms to what we reserved each of our three nights, and made us check back out and back in again one day waiting for the new room to be ready.

Unbelievable experience.

Room Tip: It's not possible to choose a good room here. They will not always honor the room you select and will instead completely unapologetically give you a completely different room that is smaller, but expect you to pay the higher price of the one you select. You are wasting your time trying to choose a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Murray S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear DadOfTwo650,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for my first ever trip to Paris and it did leave an impression . While the room (#104) was a tad small for my personal liking, even feeling abit claustrophobic, but it's just about the typical in Paris I reckon. It was also, a 'no-frills' premise, so don't have too high an expectation. But having said that, i did enjoyed my stay here.

Room layout and decor was modern, possibly recently renovated and the bathroom comfortably large. Appreciated the fact that coffee sachets was available and replaced each day and that the management allowed me to check in early (landed at 9am and arrive at the hotel at 12) and check out later than usual (1pm).

Only gripe was that the air conditioner in the room was not working. Had feedback to reception who suggested that i leave the windows open. Was abit iffy about this as i was at the first floor (ground level) and the window opens to a courtyard.

Location however, was the best thing about this hotel. The supermarket, coffeeshops, restaurants etc are just a skip away.

Perhaps if the hotel can be abit more full service (and charge accordingly), i think there's a great market of travellers out there who would not mind paying more to stay the hotel instead of the Champs Elysees area. I enjoyed the surroundings very much.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo