“Great people but not a business hotel”

Holiday Inn Paris Elysees
Ranked #434 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The best part about this place is the staff who were all friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely pleased to see me. I have a platinum card and asked for a 2pm check out which they agreed to without hesitation -- other Holiday Inns should learn from the example.

The rooms are small -- I had an executive room and it was acceptable. The decor is excellent and very modern. Being a Holiday Inn, it has a kettle and mugs in the room (unlike its sister hotel, the Intercontinental Le Grand, which won't even provide one on request). There is an iron too but only one of those irritating mini ironing boards (allow at least 20 minutes for a shirt). The bathroom is fine but nothing special (I had a tub with a shower over it and would much have preferred a stand-alone shower). The i-Pod dock is a nice extra.

I had two days of work but didn't have to start the second day until midday. I was planning to enjoy a lie-in but had reckoned without the drilling and banging from the building next door that started at 8am. A very nice duty manager explained that it was beyond the control of the hotel but promised that she would call the neighbours again. I was very impressed by how they handled a difficult issue but still felt cheated of two hours' sleep. The hotel is a little noisy anyway: they have those infernal doors that are spring loaded (so they bang) and I heard the occasional noise from the room above too. It's what you would expect from small room and an old building.

The wifi is free but slow and unreliable. It disconnects frequently and is out of service for 5 or 10 minutes at a time regularly. It is too slow to even stream audio. I'm sure that it's fine if you want to check email occasionally but it is quite unsuited for business use. I'm happy to pay (a reasonable amount) for a more reliable service. (By the way, you can sign on with multiple devices provided you give a different email for each. The system doesn't check the validity of the email accounts so use anything)

There is no restaurant (except for breakfast) but an excellent small grocery shop opposite (open until at least 10pm), a supermarket on the same block (open until 8) and hundreds of very good brasseries, restaurants and bars within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkCWales
Elisa P, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your precise review.
There is nothing more rewarding to us than the aknowledgement of out staff involvement to welcome a guest as he should.
We would like to express our deepest regrets toward the experience you had with the wifi. We are not used to that negative comments about it and will try to fix it as soon as possible.

As you noticed, tray and kettle are available in every room.

We look forward to having the chance to welcome you again,

Best regards,

The Holiday Inn Paris Elysees's Team

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is wonderful for meandering and savouring thia area of Paris! I booked with Priority Club points and did arrive a little early for check in, so had to wait for about 45 mins. I was told they were busy preparing the room. Would have been nice to been offered a complimentary beverage. However, a short stroll up Rue Miromesnil and a quick trip to the boulangerie soon melted all my cares away :) I had room 206- perfect if you are a light sleeper ( overlooks the inner courtyard so no view ) and ideal for 1 person, as it was very compact. I loved this room ....cozy and quiet. Had a very minor issue with the sliding door to the bathroom...it kept on sliding open once I closed it so had to wedge it closed with my shoe :/ I stayed for 2 nights.
I didn't eat at the hotel. If you have the chance to stay here and don't need volumes of space and appreciate pleasant staff ( thanks Sarah for your smiley welcome) then I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 206 - great for 1 person, no view but sooooo quiet :))
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank britgirl26
Elisa P, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment. As a Priority Club member, you were a special guest for us and we are happy that you felt this way thanks to our staff.

We apologize for the inconvenients you had during your stay. Nonethless we hope you will come back : we will do our best to book for you room 206 as you enjoyed it !

Holiday Inn Paris Elysees' s team

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was going to the far east for a business trip and my flight was from Paris so I took the opportunity to spend a weekend in Paris with my wife.
I selected the holiday Inn because I had some Priority Club points to spend.
The hotel location is quite good very close to the metro station and not so far away from the main attractions.
The room was absolutely small: it was a problem moving inside! And there was not enough room in the wardrobe: I am wondering people booking this hotel for 5 - 7 days how coule they manage!
The staff was polite but quite inefficient: I was welcome as a Priority Club member upgraded to a superior room: but it was not!
After a shower I came back to the reception and I told them it was not a superior room and the answer was: "sorry we are fully booked". I smiled and I left......
There are much better holiday Inn in the city than that one!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cassandracrossing

Dear guest,

We are sorry that you didn't enjoyed your stay as much as we hoped to.
As you mentionned, we paid attention to your Priority Club member status but unfortunately the hotel was full that is why we had no possibilty to upgrade you.

Nonetheless we hope to convince you more on your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

best value of money. location is perfect, very close to the Champs Elysees, 5 min. walk, still in a quiet area, 1 min. walk from a Metro.
you can find many small restaurants and cofee shops around the hotel.
service is very good. rooms are small as in any other Europian hotel standard, still, very clean and nice- well furnished and equieped.
we took 2 executive rooms- 1 for a couple and one for 3 people for the cildren, and we loved it !
breakfest was also very good.
highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank YifatBS

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment. We are glad you appreciated our location and rooms and hope to welcome you again.
Have you have already planned your next trip to Paris ?

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We travelled with 2 kids so with inter-connecting rooms and a last minute deal, we found this hotel excellent value:
-50 metres from miromesnil metro station
- great restaurants nearby
- large - ish rooms for Paris!
- extremely helpful staff esp. Sarah (who greeted us at reception and instantly made us welcome)

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comment and for noticing Sarah's help.
We hope to welcome you again for your next trip with your kids or visiting as a couple.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room was nice , enough space, very clean, large elevator(not very common in Paris.
Staff , especially Ms. Araci was very very nice.They helped us about everything.
Location is great.Many thanks for their service.Dont think about this hotel too much , if you could find room take it asap!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Marine A, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our staff is improving every day thanks to your encouraging comments. We are delighted that your stay in our hotel have liked.

See you soon!

Resident Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2013

First of all, the location of this hotel is why we picked it. It is very convient to get to multiple metro lines from this hotel and many attractions we found to be within walking distance (so a bit of a walk, but I prefer to walk places in Paris and take the Metro only when the location is beyond a couple miles or at the end of the day). Not a whole lot going on in this exact area beyond about 6:00/7:00pm; however, Champs Elysees is a short walk as is the Opera area.

The staff was so-so. We had called Holiday Inn a couple months before we left for our vacation as our reservation was a bit weird/complicated (we had multiple reservations over the various nights we were there). When we asked Holiday Inn if we could link our reservations they said not to worry about it and the hotel would take care of us when we got there. Well, when we got there it was a complete and total mess. We needed 2 rooms per night for 4 nights. When we arrived they were very rude about us not having the reservations linked. Then a guy came and helped us get checked in and link the reservations and assured us we would not have to move rooms. Then at 1AM we got a phone call on our first nigth from the front desk telling us one room would have to move the next morning. The next morning when we went down to talk to the front desk about this they were once again pretty rude to us regarding how we had booked our reservations. That's when they informed us that one set of friends would have to pack their bags and move rooms every single day. The other room we were assigned was the tiny, tiny, tiny "extra room" off one of the executive suites. We did not have to move every night, but we had to stack our suitecases on top of eachother just to be able to walk around in the room. While I feel this is more the fault of the customer service line for not letting us link our reservations to begin with I felt like the front desk at this hotel could have been a bit more polite about the mess and a bit more accomodating (especially calling at 1AM to let us know we would have to move rooms).

All this being said, the rooms were clean. My friends saw 4 different rooms so I can say that pretty much all the rooms are "Parisian" (small). There was one room for one night that was a decent size, but that was the executive suite room on the top floor. I don't think I would ever pay the full price on the HI website for these rooms as I feel there are better deals to be found.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristin G
Marine A, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank for you comment but you've done a review on trip advisor about this ...
So please read our response of october...

Regards,

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Odeon / Saint-Michel
Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame
Best Western Issy Porte De Versa...
#8 of 12 in Issy-les-Moulineaux
Montmartre
Holiday Inn Paris Montmartre
Holiday Inn Paris Montmartre
#667 of 1,804 in Paris

Been to Holiday Inn Paris Elysees? Share your experiences!