“Very pleasant nicely located Paris hotel”

Holiday Inn Paris Elysees
Ranked #479 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I got this hotel from one of those "secret hotel bargins" on a travel website just as I arrived on at CDG for a last minute business trip while I was in Africa. I used my smart phone, a few key strokes and that's it, my hotel reservation was made while I was waiting for my bags. You can do that now and the need for information desks or hotel booking services is a thing of the past. I agreed to take whatever bargain the website came up with and voila, this very pleasant centrally located hotel popped up. Let's hear it for the smart phone, the internet, and travel in August to get a great deal in Paris. Had I done the same a month later, it is unlikely I could get such a nice hotel for the price I got -- about $120 per night for a renovated, branded and nicely appointed hotel. Granted, the room was small. It might be a tight fit for some, especially if you are not travelling alone. But It is a branded hotel with standards to maintain. Plan to pay for everything, in-room internet access (free at the two or three lobby machines), breakfast. But since this is smack dab in central Paris, about a long block from the Elysee Palace, finding a cafe or restuarant is a simple as walking out the door and turning left or right. I would go back and I recommend this for the business or holiday traveller.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank timhrose
DirectionHI, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you to give us your impressions during your stay at the Holiday Inn Paris Elysees. Your opinion is important for us.
Indeed, since few month, you have the possibility to book with just 3 clicks, your room. We offer the best rates and rooms available at the last minute!
Our hotel has been recently renovated to offer you all the comfort and hi-tech services. The size of our rooms depending on the architecture of the building. We will be delighted to welcome you again and book for you a spacious and comfortable room.
Proximity to shops, restaurants and cultural sites allow you to vary your meals.

Again, thank you for your advice to travelers and hope to see you soon!

Resident Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Paris Elysees

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here 1 night at end of trip. Hotel offered Deal with free breakfast and river criuse, This made last day in Paris very enjoyable as location is very central with Metro & shopping very close. Staff very helpful organising late check out and airport transfers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DirectionHI, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that your “short stay” in the Holiday Inn Paris Elysees it well. Indeed, our package "I love Paris" can combine a night, a breakfast and a cruise in Paris. Our proximity to the metro and the Champs Elysees can give culture and shopping during a short stay!
We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I used priority club points to book this hotel for 3 nights so only ended up spending about $200 instead of the $1200-1500 it would have originally cost. Since I got such a great deal I really can't complain. The hotel was very cute, the room was clean, although small. The air conditioning had been switched over to heat only so the room was hot until we figured out how to open the window. We originally booked a room with two twin beds but upon check in were told that they did not have that available and only had the handicap room available. Aside from having to shower right next to the commode it wasn't that big of a deal. Now had I paid the full price for the room I would have been upset, but like I said for only $200 total its something I was prepared to deal with. The hotel is in a really cute neighborhood. 2 minute walk to the Miromesnil station. About a 5 minute walk from a little grocery store, 10 minutes from the Monoprix which is like a Macy's and a Kroger mixed together. All in all, I really enjoyed my experience. The hotel staff was very friendly and even helped me practice my french. Bottom line, if you can get a deal I say go for it. Paris is very expensive and I would imagine any hotel in the same neighborhood would cost just as much if not more.

Room Tip: Rooms above the first floor are probably quieter but I didn't really notice the noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We take full account of all your advice and comments allow us to offer a daily delivery service always better and a multicultural team.
We reserve a special welcome to our guests Priority Club. We have offered a room usually available to our guests with disabilities, very spacious twin room, because only this one was available for all you stay. Our staff wishes you to have the best stay possible. Do not hesitate to ask them if you want a service, heating or cooling, help or information.
Our excellent location allows an international shopping!
Our team will be delighted to welcome you back and raedy to practice French during your next visit to Paris.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

As a platinum Priority Club member, my friends and I booked this hotel because of its boutique hotel status and close proximity to a metro station. After checking into our adjoining rooms on Saturday night and hitting the town with some friends, I received a phone call from the front desk at 1AM stating that I would have to switch rooms on Monday because the hotel was so booked. On Sunday morning, my friends and I went to the front desk to clarify the need to move rooms. The explanation provided was that someone had paid for a family suite, which equated to the adjoining rooms we had been provided. As 3 out of the 4 of us were platinum members who had paid for the hotel with points, apparently that meant our points and brand loyalty were not as important as someone who had paid with cash. The hotel staff was completely unapologetic about their mistake. We were also told that one room had to be moved that day (Sunday) instead of Monday as we were originally told in the 1AM phone call. As such, we had to rush back to the room and pack up our stuff as best as we could prior to leaving for the day. Upon arriving back at the hotel that evening, I was told that my room had been moved to a handicapped room but that I would be forced to move again on Monday because that room would be needed. When I asked to speak to a manager, I was told this was not possible. The handicapped room was terrible, and the shower flooded the entire bathroom. On Monday night, we were given a third room. The most frustrating part is that our friends were never asked to move out of the other side of our original adjoining room, which makes the hotel staff’s original rationale for our moves invalid. If we had known we would be treated so poorly by the hotel staff and be forced to pack our belongings each and every morning, I would have booked the Holiday Inn next to Notre Dame. This was a terrible hotel experience, and I would never return here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank kari4ksu
DirectionHI, Responsable relations publiques at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are always delighted to welcome members of Priority Club at the hotel Holiday Inn Paris Elysees. We are very upset by of your experience. Infact, the problem is that you have 3 reservations under 3 different names. In this case, we considered that it was 3 different guests and 3 separate stays, if not, be sure that we would have chosen a room that can accommodate you throughout your stay. Guests who have the “rewards night” have “standard rooms”. If is it possible and our availability, we propose adjoining rooms if you ask and need. As a Priority Club member, and when availability permits, we give our customers an upgrade. This is what we have done during your first night. However, the next day, the same room was assigned to a customer who asked for this room category. We always welcome and special attentions to our PC members.
Believe in our sincere apologies. Unfortunately, this is a misunderstanding here.
We invite you for your next booking to mention just one name for one stay.

Best Regards,

Resident Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was travelling with my 4 year old, so that means I get to find a hotel which is near to supermarket, and sight seeing area. This location is perfect. It is hidden from the bustle tourist spots, but then it is close enough. Not too many restaurants near this establishment, however I manage to find a very nice Chinese restaurant just around the corner. We become reguler visitors during our stay.
What I like about this hotel, is how they are very practical. I use the laundry room several times since travelling with younger kid means a lot of laundry. Breakfast is standard, but good enough. Omelette, ham, bread, cinnamon rolls, and pancakes and juices are decent enough. My daughter even likes to 'produce' her own pancakes using the pancake machine.
Overall, i recommend this hotel. But please be aware that the room is veryy small. I thought it is normal comsidering that this is Paris! So, don't bring too large luggages.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Little Noni B

Dear Customer,

We are delighted that your family stay in the Holiday Inn Paris Elysees it well. Our proximity to the metro and the Champs Elysees can combine culture and shopping! All our team is at your disposal to advise about restaurants on Paris and for our laundry service, operate each day.
The breakfast offers a variety of cheeses, meats and breads.
We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great location and excellent friendly staff. We had a great room on the first floor. We thought the buffet breakfast at 20 euros each was certainly not worth it..A few times we had the hotel phone for a taxi which comes within a few minutes. However, the taxis are reached by radio and will get the meter going from wherever they are located. Only one time this was really a problem as the driver had 8 euros on the meter to start with.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Paris. Our team is improving every day with your encouraging comments.
We are sorry for your experience with Parisian taxis that charge when they receive your call to guarantee your reservation.
Finally, regarding our breakfast, we try to offer a service varied and different during all the year.
We hope to welcome you soon in the Paris Elysees Holiday.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Even though the room was ordered two month ahead , was told no rooms and was offered the "handicap" room trick.
Upon refusing was given a crumpled small room instead of club room that I was supposed to get.
The good points, Overall the service was fine, the location was good and was offered to keep the room till 2 PM.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors and check room size.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amir R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Amir R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. I am happy to read that you found our staff service and location suitable enough for your needs. I certainly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the room accommodations you received. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.