“Decent inexpensive hotel”

Ranked #608 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
London
“Decent inexpensive hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a decent, inexpensive hotel in a reasonable location.

Stayed here while visiting Paris with my cousin. We had a twin room which on arrival had 3 single beds (so you can see the room was a decent size!). Rooms are clean and comfy, bathroom on the small side but new, clean and perfectly adequate. Fridge in room kept my wine cold so that was handy.

The hotel is less than a 3 min walk from a train station and there are lots of snack bars and yummy bakeries in the surrounding streets making it a convenient place to stay to explore Paris.

You could pay a lot more and get a lot less, especially in a city like Paris where luxury hotels are at a premium so why not stay here and save some pennies for shopping! Id happily stay here again unless i really wanted to treat myself to something extra luxurious.

Happy to recommend and rebook

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A really good deal for 100 euros. Almost 4 star in every aspect. Only problem is the rooms are not huge. This was not a problem for us. Recommended for people on a budget who want 4 star comfort. Ibis Toliac is a short walk from Francois Mitterand metro station. Bus No. 27 stops close by and takes you to close to the Pantheon and a short walk from the Notre Dame calthedral.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staff friendly. Location handy for Metro, restaurants, snack bars and supermarket. Breakfast self service with good choice of food. Lifts to upper floors. Comfortable bed. Large TV but could find only one English speaking channel which was CNN World News.
I would go there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Pascal M, Directeur général at Hotel ibis Styles Paris Tolbiac Bibliotheque, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 in tripadvior

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Paris Tolbiac Bibliotheque.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at ibis Styles.

Pascal MAZÉ

Manager
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 1, 2013

So far I have not had any need to share my hotel experience with anyone because, as a frequent guest of this hotel chain, I am used to a certain level of service worldwide. My last stay at this hotel was such a disaster, which is totally under any standard of this chain, that I have decided to share it with you. I made my reservation before my arrival date for 2 rooms from May 16 to May 20 at least 6 months in advance and my credit card was charged at the same time. As the hotel chain is French, I was looking to the quality and service which should represent an example for the whole chain worldwide. This time I was travelling with my mother, sisters and grandmother as a Christmas gift that I had given them. After a very long journey, we were quite tired so we wanted to have a rest. We received rooms No. 401 and No. 410. We could immediately smell that there was something wrong with room No. 410. Large parts of the ceiling, especially in the corners, were covered with black mould which had obviously been growing there for quite some time. My grandmother, who was supposed to stay in that room with my mother, is allergic, but this concentration of mould could be dangerous for anyone. I went immediately to the reception desk and asked for an explanation. This room could not have been inspected before our check in and they were not able to give me a solution. Receptionist told me there was nobody except for him to resolve this issue and we would have to wait until the next day. If Ibis promotes its 15 minutes promise to resolve your problem, then this particular Ibis Styles has no idea what it means to resolve a problem. My grandmother was very tired so I asked him to at least to provide us new room, what he agreed to, but it was a single room with one bed instead of a double room with 2 separated beds similar to what we reserved. My grandmother went to sleep and the other four of us shared a double room with 1 extra bed. At 4am there was a false fire alarm and everyone had to leave the rooms. No apology or explanation was provided from staff for this very inconvenient false alarm. It certainly did not improve our first experience in the hotel. The next morning after breakfast, I spoke to a different receptionist, who told me she had to ask the Front Office Manager what they can do for me and that she would get back to me about what could be done. In the afternoon, when we got back to the hotel after sightseeing, I talked to the Front Office Manager named Dana and told her what happened. Instead of giving me a solution, she told me that the room with the mould was “fixed” and someone else is staying there already and that she could not help me at this moment but promised to come up with a solution tomorrow. That night I slept again on the floor of our room together with my mom and two sisters and my grandmother slept at the single room. The next day, I went to the receptionist, where the Front Office Manager, informed me that all she could do was provide me club points for my stay here on my partner´s card who I usually travel with, so we keep one card which is on his name. I was shocked and I couldn’t believe that she was serious. After a room with mould, sharing a room for 3 with 4 of us, there should have been more that she could have done. This was total ignorance of customer care and Ibis standard in general. I asked her to give me my money back for the first night at least but she told me it was impossible so she couldn’t do it. It took her more than 48 hours to tell me there is nothing she can do for me aside from uploading points for my stay. When I informed her about the standards that I am used to, she told me there are different standards in Ibis Styles as opposed to Ibis. It is clear that Ibis Styles has a complete lack of standards. Nobody tried to help us to resolve this issue, which was very disappointing. After this encounter, we went out to discover the beauty of the city Paris. On our way to subway I called my partner to share with him, what happened to us. He couldn’t believe it, after staying at Accor hotels in Dubai, Munich, Vienna, Bratislava, Nuremberg, Abu Dhabi… Ibis Styles Tolbiac Paris was the worst experience I have ever had. My partner called the hotel and spoke to Front Office Manager, Dana, who agreed to refund us our money for the first night. It was quite a surprise that all of a sudden it was possible to get a refund, so it was obvious that she was lying to us. I expect Accor hotels to deliver a certain level of service no matter where you go. The Front office Manager did not apologize to us until the very last day of our stay and the General Manager was probably too busy, I guess, to meet us in person. Believe me, there are so many better choices to stay in Paris than this very poor hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room No. 410
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Zbynek K
Pascal M, Directeur général at Hotel ibis Styles Paris Tolbiac Bibliotheque, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to give some precisions to "your worst experience" in an Accor Hotel's worlwide :

As you are writting we didn't find you a solution for this room :
False, you never slept in this room, you stayed just a few minutes, but enough time to take some pictures.
A solution was found immediately and we changed your room to 407 instead of 410.

This is correct, we had an infiltration problem in this particular room

You should know that Ibis Styles doesn't have the 15 minutes contract, this is just valid in Ibis hôtels (red labels), we are the green one

The next day you came to the front desk asking the refund of both rooms for the first night under the pretext that we didn't found the solution and because the alarm rang a 4.a.m. treathening that you will post bad comments on social networks !

Fist of all , you had another room instead of the first one, secondtly we are not responsible if some guests smoking in their Non Smoking room set off the alarm

Miss Dana, not Front Office Manager but Assistant Manager, proposed you even courtesy AClub points on your friend's card because you don't have the A/Club (We are allowed to do it !) or a Free next stay with us as compensation, you refused and insisted for the refund of your night which is not correct because we found a solution and you sleept in our hotel, had free breakfast.

You also had the possibity to change the hotel but asking for two free rooms when a solution was found is not correct.

As you can see on our Tripadvisor stastistics, your opinion is not reflecting what MOST OF GUEST think about us :

111 very good
46 excellent

Accor hotel's worldwide we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer

Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here twice in March. The first time was for 1 night on our way through to London the next day on Eurostar and then for 3 nights when we returned to Paris.

Overall the hotel is clean and the rooms are adequate for a budget hotel. We choose it largely on the previous reviews on tripavisor and the price. The location is definately not central Paris, but it is a short 3 min walk to the RER and Metro with direct access to all the tourist attractions (less than 15mins). The are seemed safe enough and there was a grocery store a few minutes walk from the hotel.

We stayed in a family room with 2 adults and 2 children. As others had noted the rooms are small, but we found them fine for sleeping and the limited time we spent in the room. Carpets were a bit dirty and stained but everything else was clean. The hair dryer did not work well in one of the rooms and did not work at all in the other room. They did not have any spares at the reception so we ended up having to go out to buy a cheap one to use for a couple of days.

The breakfast was great with freshly squeezed orange juice (the kids loved using the machine), coffee, tea, hot chocolate and an assortment of ham, bread, eggs, pastries, cheese, cerial and fresh fruit.

We don't speak Frence and found the service from the staff to be excellent with the exception of the man working the front desk on the late evening of March 29th. He was rude and everything was too much trouble for him. Must have got him on a bad day.

Overall, I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a budget hotel with good access to transit directly to Paris.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank arbourvista
Gytheio, Greece
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was delicious with all kinds of coffee, fresh orange juice, freshly baked croissants, baguettes...a really traditional french breakfast. The price for Paris was ok. The room was very clean. There was free wifi everywhere. The metro station is 3 minutes on foot

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Exeter
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Despite having reserved 2 family rooms and 1 twin room some 10 weeks before arrival (and having paid outright for the twin room) we were told when we arrived that not all our rooms were ready. After unpacking cars, we were then told that they didn't have 2 family rooms and that one family would have to be moved to another hotel. After some discussions and many calls by the hotel, we were relocated to another hotel some miles away. This delayed the start to our trip to Paris and also meant that pre gained knowledge of the area was rendered useless.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ExeterJon
Pascal M, Directeur général at Hotel ibis Styles Paris Tolbiac Bibliotheque, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Paris Tolbiac Bibliotheque. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

This is really not our habit to relocate our guest, I know this is not acceptable and not an excuse, but this is due to a mistake in the booking.
Unfortunatly we only had this solution to manage our problem

I'm really sorry about that because this is really not an habit to work like that.
We never overbook the hotel, because I don't want to give our customer a bad experience with us.

Please once again accept all my apologies, and feel free to make directly with me another booking if you come again in Paris.

Kind regards