“Modern, Chic, friendly staffs”

Villa Bellagio Paris
Ranked #1,625 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights during November 2011, and now finally I remembered to write a review.

Everyone knows the hotel and the living standard in Paris are extremely expensive, and I have many bad experiences in quite a many hotels in Paris before, like so costly but poor service, so when I found Villa Bellagio's price was so good and the picture of the room was so nice, I thought it was worth to go for a try.

At that time I was travel alone, and at that time some of the area of this hotel is still under construction, so I didn't expect there was a lift, still two lady staffs there were so friendly and helped me to move my luggage to 3rd floor when I was check in. :)

Room was clean, air-con was good, toilet was very clean, design was modern and chic, close to underground, staffs are helpful and friendly! Normally I love to stay in the new hotel. and in this price they provided even better service than some 3 or 4 stars hotel in Paris, due to my own experience I dared to say.

As the room was not a 5 star hotel and I don't expect the wall was too thick and could absolutely block the sound from your neighbor or from the street. but acceptable for me.

Only one thing you would consider is about the location, this hotel is located in the street which is full of bars and nightclubs, beware the thieves, drunk people...etc, don't go back too late. I had a bit scared when I went back alone sometimes, even it was only 8pm. Yet the rule "don't walk in the street too late in foreign country except where you came from" works worldwide everywhere right? Find an accompany, or go back before 8 or 9pm if you are female or alone, while the bars are crowded of people and while those people are not too drunk, you would be safe.

Staffs are really friendly, all the services and environment provided more than what I expected, will definitely come back and recommended my friends!!

Room Tip: I book via booking.com, not sure if they provide the same terms when you booking via other website.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nanadventure

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Booked last minute to stay here as my friends band were playing nearby. Its cheap but pretty bad.

Arrived to a reception with a sign saying 'we speak English' which was only true if by English you mean French! Grumpy service immediately met with a demand for two euros tax which while nothing really it would have been nice to informed in advance.

More or less thrown a key and pointed in a rough direction of some unlit stairs. Room was on 5th floor. No lift so hauled bags up all the stairs in the dark.

Got to room. Toilet seat covered in blood. Lumpy beds, broken bedside table, shower blocked with hair.

When we got back later at night discovered hotel was surrounded by late bars and clubs so not a quiet nights sleep.

Checked out following morning with same gruff service.

This place advertises as a hotel but really is a hostel dressed up as a hotel. My advice if you want a cheap room book a hostel. It will be better. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Cheeseman23
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was perfect. Everyone was so friendly, from the receptionist to the housekeeper. The rooms were very cute and clean, and the location is great. I read a review below that claimed the location was unsafe - that's absolutely not true. It's safe, there are many bars and restaurants nearby with a good nightlife. I'd say a lot of young people live there and tend to go out a lot, so the area is well populated at most hours. It's near two metro stations and there are plenty of things to do nearby. It's not a tourist area, but it is a hip location among Parisians. I liked everything about this hotel, and the rooms were large, especially in comparison to the usual European hotel. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This has got to be my worst experience in a hotel ever, and I didn't even get past check in! Arrived with other work colleagues late on a sunday night to be greeted by a man who spoke no english (which is totally actable but we had a of collective 4 languages in our group which include spanish and italian) he made very little effort to try and communicate. He then tried to charge us an extra €336 over our already paid bill, he was very unclear about what this was for just adamant it needed to be paid. He even had two opportunities of speaking to two native speakers who spoke english and couldn't clarify what this was for. At one point he dragged a random passer by off the street and tried to make out it was his manager and pay these extra monies. The whole situation was a joke and the last thing we needed when arriving at nearly midnight on a business trip. We were obviously not going to give the hotel the money and left with no other option of roaming the streets to find a hotel in a dodgy area.

When we then went back to our booking agent Expedia (who may I add were totally un-helpful in this situation) and ask for a refund. The hotel tried to say it was a local tax they were trying to charge us. If it was it should have been €6, €1 for the each room for two nights. When we then went back to them on this the hotel then tried to say it was a security deposit. VERY CONVENIENT! It took us ages to get the money back form the trip and it was only through Barclaycard intervening and taking the money back off the hotel did we get the money back .

Other than that it was a great hotel.... thanks for your hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank nic b
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My partner and I were quite skeptical about booking this hotel after mixed reviews. But it looked nice and seemed like something we were looking for in terms of location and price. We went for my birthday and so we wanted something better than the cheapest but didn't want to pay out hundreds of pounds.

The metro station is less than two minutes walk away from the hotel! Upon arrival we were a bit confused by the fact that the entrance is also a restaurant/bar. The hotel staff didn't speak too much english but managed to sort our room out. Don't forget that this is Paris and you can't expect everyone to speak English. Don't be so ignorant, learn a little french!

Our room was on the second floor so the stairs were no bother to us as we only had small cases. Our room was nice and clean. It was a little on the small side but it was to be expected in Paris. Our bed was super comfy!!! A very pleasant surprise! We booked this room for the kitchenette area amongst other things. However, we were never there to use it. We spent our days exploring the city! But it was perfect for us! A hint of the chic Paris feel and a comfy nights sleep. Perfect. The area is lively and I'd recommend this for younger travellers. We never really heard any of the noise though so it never disturbed us. Some reviews have said that their towels were dirty or not replaced. So we took our own just to be sure. But the towels were changed every day for clean and fresh ones. There is a sign in the bathroom which says if you want them cleaning, put them on the floor and they will replace them. Or if you want to re-use, hang them up. So there was no need to take our own!

There is a lovely bakery were we got our breakfast every day. It was cheap and freshly baked. The man in the shop was a delight! It's on the corner of the road that the hotel is on. There are small supermarkets and stores on the roads past the metro station. If you're willing to walk for about 10/15 minutes, then there are beautiful parks to visit nearby with breathtaking views of Paris and the Eiffel tower. This is something I'd definitely recommend doing. It's something a little different that not everyone will do. There's a metro station nearby it too.

As people have previously said, the tv is only in french. But it is France! And we were there to explore the beautiful city! Not stay in our rooms! We were typically out of our rooms for about 15 hours a day and the room gave us the perfect nights sleep ready for another day of exploring!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and it was the ideal spot for my birthday with a fantastic Parisian feel about it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sivhead
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Previous reviews don't really match my experience. Having read what others said, I was expecting something pretty ordinary and bagged my friend for booking it! Well, I ate my words.

Clean, modern and well furnished room. Spacious, quiet and very comfortable. Yes, the stairs are AWFUL but stairs are a fact of life in budget European hotels. We stayed on the top floor. Whilst it's the last thing you want after a night out, I think it was a good thing because the room was very quiet up the top.

As for the area, I thought it was fine! Some people are a bit precious! There are some good bars / pubs within walking distance and a number of Metro stations on various lines that will take you anywhere in Paris.

Give it a go. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: As much as it's an annoying walk up the stairs, go for a room up the top. Quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MagpieJB
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Pro's:
- modern 'shabby-chic' boutique hotel.
- Mini resturaunt on ground floor (only saw it when we were leaving)
- modern rooms (not best but not worst)
- comfy memory foam beds!
- clean bedding
- OK bathroom
-friendly staff

Con's:
-OMG the Area!! Does not feel safe at all!
-Glass entry door to hotel cracked.. Not confidence inspiring given the area..
-NOISE! Nightclub a couple of doors down and popular cafe/bar at end of street. Sounded like the windows were open! Lots of drunk people being loud and well.. Generally drunk. We had a lovely serenading at 3 in the morning from a innebriated tone deaf man... Not amusing.
-NO AIR CON
-Street needs a good tidying up, think the refuse men forgot to collect that day. (dead pigeons and mattresses)
-must know French, or else a lot of gesturing is to be expected. Only one English speaking lady there.

Overall:
Just a place to crash when you're out exploring..(and brave enough to walk down the street) alright once inside hotel. Decent value for money.. You get what you pay for which is comfy bed and a clean room.

Generally Ok hotel, shame about the area. I wouldn't really reccomend it unless you have a low budget for your holiday or you're with a big group of people.

• Stayed: August 2012