“Loved it!”

Ranked #1,632 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was perfect. Everyone was so friendly, from the receptionist to the housekeeper. The rooms were very cute and clean, and the location is great. I read a review below that claimed the location was unsafe - that's absolutely not true. It's safe, there are many bars and restaurants nearby with a good nightlife. I'd say a lot of young people live there and tend to go out a lot, so the area is well populated at most hours. It's near two metro stations and there are plenty of things to do nearby. It's not a tourist area, but it is a hip location among Parisians. I liked everything about this hotel, and the rooms were large, especially in comparison to the usual European hotel. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This has got to be my worst experience in a hotel ever, and I didn't even get past check in! Arrived with other work colleagues late on a sunday night to be greeted by a man who spoke no english (which is totally actable but we had a of collective 4 languages in our group which include spanish and italian) he made very little effort to try and communicate. He then tried to charge us an extra €336 over our already paid bill, he was very unclear about what this was for just adamant it needed to be paid. He even had two opportunities of speaking to two native speakers who spoke english and couldn't clarify what this was for. At one point he dragged a random passer by off the street and tried to make out it was his manager and pay these extra monies. The whole situation was a joke and the last thing we needed when arriving at nearly midnight on a business trip. We were obviously not going to give the hotel the money and left with no other option of roaming the streets to find a hotel in a dodgy area.

When we then went back to our booking agent Expedia (who may I add were totally un-helpful in this situation) and ask for a refund. The hotel tried to say it was a local tax they were trying to charge us. If it was it should have been €6, €1 for the each room for two nights. When we then went back to them on this the hotel then tried to say it was a security deposit. VERY CONVENIENT! It took us ages to get the money back form the trip and it was only through Barclaycard intervening and taking the money back off the hotel did we get the money back .

Other than that it was a great hotel.... thanks for your hospitality!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nic b

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Wallasey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My partner and I were quite skeptical about booking this hotel after mixed reviews. But it looked nice and seemed like something we were looking for in terms of location and price. We went for my birthday and so we wanted something better than the cheapest but didn't want to pay out hundreds of pounds.

The metro station is less than two minutes walk away from the hotel! Upon arrival we were a bit confused by the fact that the entrance is also a restaurant/bar. The hotel staff didn't speak too much english but managed to sort our room out. Don't forget that this is Paris and you can't expect everyone to speak English. Don't be so ignorant, learn a little french!

Our room was on the second floor so the stairs were no bother to us as we only had small cases. Our room was nice and clean. It was a little on the small side but it was to be expected in Paris. Our bed was super comfy!!! A very pleasant surprise! We booked this room for the kitchenette area amongst other things. However, we were never there to use it. We spent our days exploring the city! But it was perfect for us! A hint of the chic Paris feel and a comfy nights sleep. Perfect. The area is lively and I'd recommend this for younger travellers. We never really heard any of the noise though so it never disturbed us. Some reviews have said that their towels were dirty or not replaced. So we took our own just to be sure. But the towels were changed every day for clean and fresh ones. There is a sign in the bathroom which says if you want them cleaning, put them on the floor and they will replace them. Or if you want to re-use, hang them up. So there was no need to take our own!

There is a lovely bakery were we got our breakfast every day. It was cheap and freshly baked. The man in the shop was a delight! It's on the corner of the road that the hotel is on. There are small supermarkets and stores on the roads past the metro station. If you're willing to walk for about 10/15 minutes, then there are beautiful parks to visit nearby with breathtaking views of Paris and the Eiffel tower. This is something I'd definitely recommend doing. It's something a little different that not everyone will do. There's a metro station nearby it too.

As people have previously said, the tv is only in french. But it is France! And we were there to explore the beautiful city! Not stay in our rooms! We were typically out of our rooms for about 15 hours a day and the room gave us the perfect nights sleep ready for another day of exploring!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and it was the ideal spot for my birthday with a fantastic Parisian feel about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sivhead
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Previous reviews don't really match my experience. Having read what others said, I was expecting something pretty ordinary and bagged my friend for booking it! Well, I ate my words.

Clean, modern and well furnished room. Spacious, quiet and very comfortable. Yes, the stairs are AWFUL but stairs are a fact of life in budget European hotels. We stayed on the top floor. Whilst it's the last thing you want after a night out, I think it was a good thing because the room was very quiet up the top.

As for the area, I thought it was fine! Some people are a bit precious! There are some good bars / pubs within walking distance and a number of Metro stations on various lines that will take you anywhere in Paris.

Give it a go. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: As much as it's an annoying walk up the stairs, go for a room up the top. Quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MagpieJB
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Pro's:
- modern 'shabby-chic' boutique hotel.
- Mini resturaunt on ground floor (only saw it when we were leaving)
- modern rooms (not best but not worst)
- comfy memory foam beds!
- clean bedding
- OK bathroom
-friendly staff

Con's:
-OMG the Area!! Does not feel safe at all!
-Glass entry door to hotel cracked.. Not confidence inspiring given the area..
-NOISE! Nightclub a couple of doors down and popular cafe/bar at end of street. Sounded like the windows were open! Lots of drunk people being loud and well.. Generally drunk. We had a lovely serenading at 3 in the morning from a innebriated tone deaf man... Not amusing.
-NO AIR CON
-Street needs a good tidying up, think the refuse men forgot to collect that day. (dead pigeons and mattresses)
-must know French, or else a lot of gesturing is to be expected. Only one English speaking lady there.

Overall:
Just a place to crash when you're out exploring..(and brave enough to walk down the street) alright once inside hotel. Decent value for money.. You get what you pay for which is comfy bed and a clean room.

Generally Ok hotel, shame about the area. I wouldn't really reccomend it unless you have a low budget for your holiday or you're with a big group of people.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

On arrival I was pleased by the convenient location to both the Parmentier and Menilmontant stations. There are numerous bars, restaurants and supermarkets close by, though as a solo female I chose not to spend a great deal of time wandering after dark.

The room was nice enough, although the power sockets were inconveniently located and the curtains in the bathroom refused to stay closed. As many other travellers have said, it was quite loud at night - but earplugs could solve that easily.

Less forgivable however, was the quality of staff. I spoke to three or four different people at reception and most had little to no English. Those that did still chose to answer all my questions in French, even after I had made it clear I only spoke English. One night in particular this caused serious problems. At 4.30pm I asked if it was possible to have a taxi booked for 6pm. They said it was, and I mistakenly assumed this meant one was going to be organised. At 6.50 when I was told for the third time that it would be five minutes I had to cancel the 6.30pm show I was seeing. Staff did not seem concerned or apologetic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was my first trip to Paris so I really did not know what to expect but this place gave me a bad impression from the start. First the hotel is located in the middle of what appears to be a slum (Graffit and Transients everywhere). We arrived at about 12 Noon and were told that we would not be able to check in until 5pm by the woman at the front desk who spoke no english and did not even attempt to communicate with you because of that fact. After waiting 20 minutes for a english speaking staff member we were allowed to check in at 1pm (not too bad).

We had very heavy luggage in preparation for a week long stay, and were disappointed to find that there was no elevator. So I was forced to carry mines and my wife luggage up the stairs without any help from the hotel staff mind you. When we got in the room it was the size of my closet at home, very cramped.

The room itself was so terrible i could write a novel. There were no phones in the room, no iron or ironing board, no ice or ice machine, no cups, there was a refrigerator in the room but it did not work. There was a small tv mounted on the wall but there were no English channels and when I attempted to display english subtitles there were none. The bathroom is what really set this place over the top. The Shower was barely big enough for a full grown adult to fit in. The hot water went out very quickly and the shower was very slow to drain causing flooding on several occaisions. The house keeping staff sucks collasal nuts, we had our room cleaned one time in a week and hey did not even change the linen and gave us dirty old towels. I ended up with pink eye and my wife a rash Also if you plan to sleep here forget about it. There are several nightclubs down the street, which keep very loud people in the street all night, and you can hear their every word. Also lots of noise inside the hotel all night from the other guests.

The only positives I can mention about this hotel is that the free wi-fi is very fast and it is very close to a metro station. Other than that if you are crazy enough to stay at this hotel after reading these reviews, Good Luck!

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple