“Do not recommend”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We were charged €50 for what was meant to be a thin and tender steak, instead we were given a very thick, not nice steak, no dressing or flavour at all. The staff kept talking French, even though they knew we don't speak French. The normal rump steak in the menu was €10, and I believe this was what we had and paid the price for something else. There are many more nice places in Paris to eat. I wouldn't recommend this place.

1  Thank Amir B

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived at this cafe after a long soggy day doing the sights. My daughter liked the look of the place so we went in. The waiter was friendly and after seating us saw that my wife was cold and offered us a different table. The food was hot and enjoyable. We were not hurried nor were we ignored. this cafe has great atmosphere as many of the smaller cafe's do. I am glad we ate there and will go back when we return to Paris

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was absolutely lovely being at this café. I hadn’t been having much luck with good or even acceptable customer service on this trip, so lunching at Au Baroudeur was a breath of fresh air. The menus are available in various languages, so you don’t have to guess what you’re ordering. My French is very limited to none, so this was a big plus for me. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating with all of our needs and even joking with my children.
It’s located right across the street from Gare du Nord Train Station, it was the perfect location for us to grab a bite to eat after returning from Pierrefonds.
The café offers a great atmosphere whether you sit inside or outside.
I will definitely return on my next visit.

1  Thank Aida S
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our waiter didn't speak. He sighed and mumbled. Rude and uninterested. And when he thought customers weren't looking, his face expressed total disrespect.

The food was okay but not perfect.

The prices are a bit steep.

1  Thank Ionlyexpectthebest
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This restaurant is one of the quieter eating houses facing the Gare du Nord. They have very helpful staff offering a good range of food choices. It is less noisy than all the surrounding restaurants and has a very pleasant ambience. I have taken Sunday lunch here on at least 5 occasions in the last 12 months.

1  Thank Gerry C