“Warm place and good food ”
Review of Le Jardin de The

Le Jardin de The
Ranked #7,852 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Near centre pompidou, this is a small restaurant very clean and warm. You can taste French dishes and fabulous salted cakes. Very good prices 20 euro a person without dessert. Kind service.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Perhaps because of superlative reviews here, I was disappointed to find Le Jardin de The merely middling. I'll accept at least part of the blame, though; when I arrived to find the restaurant was just steps from the Pompidou Center, I should have revised my expectations accordingly.

On the upside, the room is charming, with its stone walls and teapot collection - a pleasant place on a dreary fall afternoon, and I happened to love the mellow selection of torch songs playing. The waiter, likely the proprietor, was congenial, graciously and seamlessly switching from French to English. Service was speedy, and prices were very reasonable (soup, fish, wine, dessert, and coffee for 27.50 euros).

The food, however, was just so-so. Vegetable soup, apparently microwaved, was so thin as to almost qualify as a bouillon and had no particular flavor; it came with two pieces of odd-tasting toast. To my taste, the house white wine, a Chardonnay, was very oaky, almost harsh. The daily special, trout with almonds, was impeccably fresh and well prepared. Its garnish consisted of green beans, badly over-salted carrots, and a small, tasty pile of linguini in a cream sauce with more sliced almonds - the highlight of the meal, in fact. For dessert, I chose a dense chocolate mousse loaf with custard sauce that was too rich, even for this chocolate lover. Finally, though I ordered a cafe creme, what I got was more like cappucino - half a cup of (gritty) coffee and half a cup of foam.

While this was not a terrible meal, I would not bother to return to the restaurant and would not suggest that anyone go out of their way to give it a try.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great little cafe near the fountain at Pompidou. The waiter was extremely friendly and spoke English quite well. We had two courses each for 21euro. This meal was the best we had in Paris. The servings were very generous. The quiche was so unlike any we had experienced before. Two of us had the salmon which was excellent and came with heaps of beautifully cooked vegetables. After frites and salad elsewhere some fresh veges were welcome. We also were given a small piece of the lemon tart as it was close to closing time and the waiter did not wanted to see this wasted. We highly recommended this dessert. We will return.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We found the cozy Le Jardin de The off the fountain plaza next to the pompadou Ctr among all the larger and noisier brasseries. They were friendly and we had some fun as they allowed my teenage daughter to practice her french, though they were very helpful in English. First night was wine, tea, and dessert that was delicious. Then we returned another night for dinner. Delicious salmon with veg and creamy yellow mashed potatoes. Pretty little unpretensious place with windows looking over the fountain plaza.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant while walking around the Centre Pompidou and were very happy. We sat outside and the weather was wonderful to watch everyone walk by in the courtyard. The waiter was absurdly nice and friendly. He spoke English very well and was running around from table to table- though he was super attentive. We ordered a quiche, cheesy bread (?) , pasta and lamb. Each dish was fresh and really delicious. Highly recommend this place.