For a conveniently located hotel (right behind the Louvre), Le Relais du Louvre is hard to beat. You can walk to many attractions, such as Notre Dame de Paris, Sainte-Chapelle, and the Musée d'Orsay. Restaurants abound in the neighborhood.
All the staff were cheery, helpful, and easy to communicate with in several languages. Sophie in particular doubles as a well-informed concierge. She can book restaurant reservations, the airport van, and taxis for you. When we arrived on an early flight, she arranged for our room to be readied while we sat in the lobby for half an hour--very welcome to weary transatlantic travelers.
Rooms are not large, but then few Paris hotel rooms are. Ours was clean and had a modern bathroom, small refrigerator, and room safe. Breakfast is served only in your room and is rather pricey; you may prefer to walk to a cafe. Free wifi worked well.
One word of warning: Specify what currency you want charged to your credit card. If you have a card (such as Capital One Visa) that does not add an exchange fee, specify a charge in euros and double-check that your receipt reflects this. Otherwise you may be billed in dollars at a poor exchange rate. Sophie will put it right if you ask.
We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming non smoking hotel offers 22 fully renovated rooms right in front of the Louvre Museum (10 rooms have a view on the Louvre Museum)/6 floors with lift. The street is very quiet and located right in the middle of the city. Most monuments such as Notre-Dame, the Louvre Museum, the Opera House, the Champs Elysées, the Pompidou Centre, the Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie but also the Seine river with the Ile de la Cité and Ile Saint-Louis are walking distance. SERVICES: parking, breakfast served from 6h30 AM until 12 even during the week, room service for diner from 6PM until 3AM, free tea and Nespresso coffee break every day from 2PM until 8PM in the lobby, ski the line Louvre entrance tickets, laundry TECHNOLOGY: free WIFI in the entire hotel, free computer with printer in the lobby, Bose bluetooth speakers, televisions with USB connexion, 62 TV programs and 12 radios AMENITIES: minibars, safe, real hair dryer, products (shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, hair conditioner, soap, sewing, dental and razor kits, shoe shine, notebook with pen, tea and coffee facilities / suites: free Nespresso coffee machine, bathrobes and slippers FAMILIES: family rooms and connecting rooms for families up to 5 persons / BABIES: push chair, baby cot, night light, anti ski mat for the bath, bottle warmer The staff speaks many languages fluently (fluent english, Italian, Spanish, German/knowledges of Russian) and welcomes you as if you were guest in our home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Relais du Louvre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Relais Du Louvre Hotel Paris
- Le Relais Du Louvre Paris