“A great place to stay for our first visit to Paris”

Le Relais du Louvre
Ranked #81 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Thornbury, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay for our first visit to Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We knew we would be well looked after before we actually arrived at this quaint boutique hotel! I was trying to organize a large group (7 people) with an addition at the last moment and my emails directly to the hotel staff were always answered politely and immediately. When we arrived we were well received, the metro system explained, and a dinner booking organized for us for later that night! The rooms were very clean,and the location of the hotel was perfect, with the Louvre next door and the Seine around the corner, and great shops within walking distance if that is what you like to do! We managed to walk to most attractions such as Notre Dame and the rest of the Ile de la Cite, and even the Eiffel Tower (although it was quite a walk!) Thanks again to Sophie and her team for her fantastic care of our family. We will go back and stay soon!

Room Tip: Rooms 14 and 15 in a connecting suite were great: the view of the St Germaine de l'Auxerrois was...
2 Thank Samar A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our arrival in Paris was very early. Our room had been occupied the night before and it was not even vacant when we arrived. After a pleasant but not overtly warm & fuzzy greeting, we left our luggage , and proceeded to investigage the central location. It was practically at the Louvre's back door. After a couple of hours of walking exploration, we returned to a room ready for us, our luggage there. The breakfast, the next day was delightful for an additional 13 Euro pp. It was brought up to the room, the only way it is served. No problem The room was spacious (for Paris). No view but we slept that first afternoon anyway.
Although the hotel was wonderfully "old Paris", in an old building and very quaint, the reception area was very tiny. There was really no place to sit and wait, a chair or two in front of the reception desk.
We were to stay in Paris an additional week and were moving to an apartment the next day, so the little hotel was fine. It was cozy and convenient.

Room Tip: IF the room with the terrace is available, it might be nice. But it is on the ground floor and has n...
2 Thank italywithamare
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

It had been seven years since I had stayed at this hotel and it still is a wonderful choice for Paris. The best part of course is the location, next to the Louvre, Seine, Ile de la Cite, etc. Yes, the rooms are small but isn't that just part of Paris? This property is charming with its tiny elevator, view of the Auxerois, and wonderful staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The rooms are small, but clean and well appointed. The location is excellent if you plan to visit the Louvre, Notre Dame, etc. You can catch a river cruise 5 minutes walk from the hotel, and they can sell you the tickets, so that you don't have to wait in line. Staff was very helpful with Louvre tickets, dining suggestions, and directions to different sites around Paris. Numerous great dining, Le Fumoir (30-36E), and Rose de France (20-35E) were good dining choices in the area. Both restaurants were busy, so you may need a reservation.

Roskilde
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Location is all, and this is perfectly located in Paris. Very clean and with friendly staff - but - small, VERY small rooms.

Will probably look elsewhere next time, as there was literally not room for unpacking and storing our things for a 3-day visit. Very cramped when you have to eat breakfast in your room. Also there is no common space, so you are in your room or outside the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My mum and I went to Paris a while ago in the winter for four days and loved it! This hotel was a definite help to our fantastic stay. People had told me that rooms were tiny and overpriced prior to going. Paris is a lovely city but unfortunately a bit cramped for space. When my mother told me the price of Le Relais du Louvre, my eyes just about bugged out of my head! But on arrival, I saw why. This lovely little hotel is in the best location ever! We had a beautiful old church right next door (literally, I looked out my window and not 15 metres away was a gargoyle staring at me!) The Louvre, the metro and of course shops are all very close. The staff were fantastic and accomodating. They were probably the best hotel staff I have ever experienced as when Mum was taking a nap one afternoon, I sauntered downstairs with nothing to do so I decided to try conversing with the receptionist. She was lovely and very helpful with my halting French speech (I'm still learning now!) The food was also superb. I would say the only downside of the gorgeous place was the elevator. I have never seen such a little one in my entire life! Everything considered though, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to go to Paris as it is simply wonderful.

Room Tip: Go for the room that suits you. My mother and I had a smaller room than what we usually have when tr...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Georgia F
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel cannot have been located in a better location. It is stones throw from the Louvre. As Louvre is a huge place, I started early in the day, went to the Hotel to rest and take a nap and returned to Louvre for more exploring. It is close to the metro, lots of restaurants, and Champ-Elysees.

The staff was friendly, pleasant, and helpful. The room was small, but this is old Paris, not Dallas Texas. Unless you are planning to play football in the room, the rooms are clean and comfortable. Besides, you are in Paris and if you are spending a lot of time in the Hotel room, short of resting and sleeping, you are in the wrong city. This is a charming little Hotel and absolutely a gem. The walls are thin, so any hanky-panky can be heard in the adjoining rooms. I liked the personal touches with fresh flowers in the lobby everyday.

I did not eat their breakfast which they offer if you request it to be delivered to the room. I thought it was a bit pricey, but there are a lot of restaurants nearby.

I will definitely visit this location. The only downside is with such good reviews, the price will definitely go up..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo